This Probiotic Yeast market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Probiotic Yeast market.
Probiotic Yeast: Market outlook
Probiotics are live microorganisms that contain leaves which are used as food additives to provide health benefits. Probiotic yeasts are non-pathogenic strains that are typical of Saccharomyces cerevisiae origin. Because of the natural resistance of the yeast to antibacterial antibiotics, probiotic yeast has been considered superior to probiotic bacteria.
The use of probiotic yeasts in animal feed has a positive effect on the health by increasing fiber digestibility and boosting animal performance which increases the yields of meat, milk, and egg. Researchers from Mysore’s Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI) and a counterpart from the US have shown that food-derived probiotic yeasts help minimize the toxicity of some deadly fungi that have become resistant to widely used anti-fungal agents.
The probiotic yeasts are especially effective against Candida Auris, which has created a scare following variants resistant to drugs. The increasing use of probiotic yeast in pharmaceuticals has widened the scope of growth for the probiotic yeast market.
Growing demand for a high-quality animal by-products has extended the growth potential for the probiotic yeast market
Using probiotic yeast in ruminant feed has improved health and increased milk production. Similarly, probiotic yeast in pigs causes an immune response to decrease the entry of pathogens into the body and also decreases post-weaning diarrhoea. Probiotic yeasts, especially Saccharomyces cerevisiae, are widely used in dairy cows.
A recent study resulted that the use of probiotic yeast in cow feeding has improved the breeding performance of milking cows. Dietary supplements is an established strategy for improving performance across a variety of parameters in livestock. With the increasing use of probiotics for animal nutrition, growth promotion, and gut health development, the probiotic yeast market is projected to record the fastest growth during the forecast period.
Emergence of Saccharomyces boulardii as a potential probiotic organism to positively influence the demand for the probiotic yeast market
Saccharomyces boulardii is emerging as a potential probiotic organism. S. boulardii is a probiotic yeast that is used in the treatment of specific gut and digestive diseases. This probiotic yeast has shown promising results in preventing enteral nutrition-related diarrhoea, acute gastroenteritis, and traveller’s diarrhoea. It is a probiotic supplement used worldwide to promote gastrointestinal health.
The various action mechanisms of S. boulardii and its properties can explain its effectiveness and beneficial effects on acute and chronic gastrointestinal diseases reported in clinical studies. This, in turn, is causing an incline in demand for saccharomyces boulardii, eventually resulting in the growth of the probiotic yeast market share.
Global Probiotic Yeast Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating their business in the global Probiotic yeast market are Mystical Biotech, BIOGIT, Angel Yeast Co. Ltd., Jarrow Formulas, Pharma Nord, Lesaffre, and others.
- BIOGIT ® is India's first indigenously developed, globally patented, non-pathogenic Probiotic Yeast. BIOGIT ®, produced from live yeast cells, restores the broken microbial gastrointestinal balance and is an optimal probiotic for all age groups.
- Lesaffre Human developed the first known probiotic yeast directly addressing the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Lesaffre Human Care's patented strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, with a clinically proven effect in relieving intestinal problems in individuals with IBS.
Increasing demand for probiotic yeast from the developed countries is giving a potential opportunity to the manufacturers
In the feed nutrition the intake of brewer's yeast, is higher than in the other types of yeast. Recently, key companies concentrate on using probiotic or live yeast in their animal nutrition product offerings and releases, primarily due to their health benefits.
Developing countries are gradually adopting probiotic yeast products because of their premium price and the demand for it is high in developed countries which will widen the growth range for the probiotic yeast market. With the growing awareness of health benefits associated with probiotic yeast, developed countries are witnessing a growing demand for these kinds of feed yeast.
Brief Approach to Research Probiotic Yeast Market:
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Probiotic Yeast Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Probiotic Yeast: Market Segmentation
On the basis of product type, global probiotic yeast can be segmented as
- Food Grade
- Feed Grade
On the basis of Application, global probiotic yeast can be segmented as:
- Animal Feed
On the basis of Region, global probiotic yeast market has been segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa
- An overview of the probiotic yeast market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the probiotic yeast market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the probiotic yeast market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major participants in probiotic yeast market
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the probiotic yeast market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Probiotic Yeast Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Probiotic Yeast Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Probiotic Yeast Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Probiotic Yeast Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)