This Protective Gowns market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Protective Gowns market.
Healthcare Communities in the U.S and other G20 Countries Enter Crisis Mode
Unprecedented demand for PPE amongst countries severely hit by the COVID-19 pandemic such as the U.S., Italy and Spain has put pressure on their healthcare industry to source PPE. In support of the global medical community’s ever-evolving COVID-19 crisis, manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to produce protective gowns and other PPE which was formerly ubiquitous in hospital environments.
There is a surging demand for PPE and protective gowns supply in G20 countries. However, large volume manufacturing of PPE and protective gowns is inherently a time-consuming process, which has led to rapid increase in the number of ill COVID-19 patients. Healthcare communities in the U.S. and other countries are heading toward a crisis mode. Popular news sources are revealing striking updates where healthcare providers are using large plastic bags as an alternative to protective gowns and plastic water bottle cutouts for eye protection.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
A Call for Ideas to Conserve Protective Gowns amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
Healthcare communities worldwide are planning for resupply of protective gowns and other PPE by means of repurposing industrial capacities. However, these techniques seem unlikely to solve the shortage of protective gowns, as even supply chains have become dysfunctional due to the pandemic. Hence, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Strategic National Stockpile stepped in to solve this issue. But the lack of transparency in their inventory and popular news outlets stated that the organization’s supplies for protective gowns and other PPE are being distributed unevenly and are insufficient to meet surging demands.
In the light of such scarcity for protective gowns, healthcare practitioners are creating awareness that PPE is otherwise used for many elective purposes. They are creating awareness through advertising anddirect appeal to colleagues in dentistry, veterinary clinics and even stakeholders in the spa industry to donate PPE.
Repurposing of Materials and Skills has been Uplifting for Healthcare Workers
Medical personnel have put forward their word on how they’re being forced to reuse masks, protective gowns and are resorting to make their own protective medical gear. However, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests that reuse and overuse of PPE during the current COVID-19 crisis does not commensurate with the U.S. standards of care.Such scarcity of protective gowns has encouraged individuals in popular TV shows such as the ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘The Resident’ to donate PPE from their costume departments. Moreover, automobile companies, textile forms, clothing designers and even furniture makers have joined the bandwagon to donate PPE.
Repurposing of materials and skills to produce protective gowns, masks and examination gloves is one of the prominent trends during the current COVID-19 scare. Media outlets are reporting their healthcare workers are increasingly benefitting by the generous donations made by individuals. Repurposing of materials to produce protective gowns have made a tremendous impact in healthcare communities. However, there is a dire need for more protective gowns and PPE supply due to the surging spike of ill COVID-19 patients.
Reusable Protective Gowns Gain Market Prominence as Textile Companies Increase Production Capabilities
As desperation is fueling the demand for protective gowns, healthcare communities are now turning toward textile industries to conserve PPE. For instance, Standard Textile - a company born out of eighty years of experience in textile innovations, is creating awareness about its reusable protective gowns made from high-tech ComPel® fabric which allows moisture vapor to pass through as liquids are repelled. Thus, healthcare providers are hunting small- and large-scale textile companies that can join forces with healthcare workers to address the scarcity of protective gowns.
Manufacturers in the textile industry are capitalizing on the demand for protective gowns and are increasing their production capabilities to develop gowns with lightweight fabric to offer dependable liquid-resistance protection. In order to boost their credibility credentials, healthcare workers are encouraging textile companies to voluntarily supply precaution gowns.
Retailers Translate Business Practices into Revenue Opportunities by Manufacturing Protective Gowns
Major retailers and some of the big labels in the apparel industry are translating their conventional production practices into revenue streams by boosting the supply of protective gowns. As published by CNBC, famous brands such as GAP and Eddie Bauer are shifting their production lines from making clothes to manufacturing protective gowns and face masks. As patient numbers swell throughout the U.S., hospitals and healthcare facilities are facing an outright shortage for PPE.Hence, many retailers and consumer-facing companies have joined forces with healthcare communities to use their knowledge and supplier base to fill the void in the supply of protective equipment.
Retailers are shifting from apparel making to manufacturing protective gowns and masks, whilst channeling their own supply of PPE toward healthcare workers in the U.S. Strategic team ups between high-end departmental store Neiman Marcus and sewing retailor Joann have helped to increase the availability of protective gowns and scrubs for frontline healthcare workers.
Tips on Avoiding the Feeling of a War Zone duringFuture Coronavirus-like Outbreak
The life-threatening Coronavirus has taken over the world like an unexpected storm by endangering the lives of many. An alarming number of COVID-19 patients has turned into a wakeup call for healthcare facilities to obey their duty in fail-safe planning to avoid war zone situation amidst scarcity of protective gowns and PPE. Stakeholders in various end markets are taking cues from Indian healthcare professionals who are increasing their efficacy in infectious diseases data mining with the assistance of advanced medical technologies.
The rampant spread of Coronavirus has exposed the vulnerability of healthcare systems and governments who lack research into infectious diseases, thus resulting in the scarcity of basic PPE including protective gowns, face masks and gloves.On the other hand, experts in the U.S. are emphasizing on the importance of ‘flattening the curve’ to prevent the disease burden from reaching an overload on the healthcare systems, thus reducing pressure on manufacturers to produce protective gowns, masks and gloves.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Protective Gowns Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Report Highlights: Global Protective Gowns Market
- An in-depth overview of parent market, covering protective gowns market and other PPE markets
- An overview of evolving market dynamics in the protective gowns industry
- Detailed segmentation of protective gowns market
- Historical, current, and prospective examination of market size in terms of value and volume
- Recent developments and influential trends in protective gowns
- Opportunity assessment of protective gowns market
- Competitive landscape analysis of protective gowns marketplace
- Key player developments in recent times to treat COVID-19 patients
- Niche and potential segments in protective gowns market that reflect promising immediate opportunities
- A neutral perspective on the entire market performance
- Must-have insights for existing and potential protective gowns market players
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Protective Gowns Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Protective Gowns Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Protective Gowns Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Protective Gowns Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.