This Sports Protective Equipment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Sports Protective Equipment market.
Global demand for sports protective equipment is picking up steadily, after a hiatus and recovery period after the global financial crisis. Increasing emphasis on maintaining health and well-being will continue to influence the market positively during the forecast period; however, growth will be offset by declining profit margins at brick-and-mortar stores.
Popularity of e-commerce websites and apps among millennials is anticipated to open up new growth avenues for manufacturers, as ease of buying, convenience, and discounts continue to play a major role in influencing buying decisions. The online retail market is growing at a robust pace, with many brick-and-mortar stores tying up with e-commerce sites to offer their products exclusively. Sales through e-commerce sites are expected to offset the sluggish growth through retail stores during the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The global sports protective equipment can be segmented on the basis of product type into cycling protective equipment, ball sports protective equipment, and extreme sports equipment market. It has been noticed that rising popularity of sporting events has a direct impact on the sales of these equipment. Key events, such as UCI Track Cycling World Championships and FIFA World Cup create a frenzy among youngsters, and demand peaks during these marquee events.
On the basis of distribution channel, the global sports equipment market is segmented into department and discount stores, sports shop and specialty stores, online stores and others.
Product enhancement through R&D activities is expected to have a major impact on the global sports protective equipment market during the forecast period. In addition to this, rising participation at local level sport activities in colleges, schools, and universities is leading to sustained demand for sports equipment from these end-use industries. In addition to this, rising prominence of national level events is projected to drive the global sports protective equipment market during the forecast period. Besides this, the prominence of online store in order to purchase sports protective equipment is expected to intensify the growth of sports protective equipment market worldwide. This has supported the global sports protective equipment market to extend to a wide consumer base, which is expected to add up for the growth and development of sports protective equipment market worldwide.
Geographically, the global Sports Protective Equipment industry can be divided by major regions which include North America, Latin America, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific region, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America was the largest market for sports protective equipment in 2015, and is expected to maintain its numero uno position during the forecast period. Europe and Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) are the second and third largest markets for sports protective equipment globally. Higher disposable income and robust economic growth in India, China and Japan is expected to fuel the market growth of Asia pacific region during 2016-2026.
Sports Protective Equipment Market Key Players:
Some of the leading players identified across the value chain of the global sports protective equipment market include Adidas, Amer Sports, Nike, BRG sports, Under Armour, PUMA SE, Fortune Brands Inc, Dunlop Sports Group Americas Inc., Daiwa Seiko Corp., and Jaren Corporation. Mergers and acquisitions and new product development is likely to be major strategies that manufacturers are expected to adopt in a bid to boost their positioning in the market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, and applications.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Sports Protective Equipment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Sports Protective Equipment Market Segments
- Global Sports Protective Equipment Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Global Sports Protective Equipment Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Sports Protective Equipment Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Global Sports Protective Equipment Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Sports Protective Equipment Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & Japan
- The Middle East and Africa
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Sports Protective Equipment Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Sports Protective Equipment Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Sports Protective Equipment Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Sports Protective Equipment Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.