This Serine market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Serine market.
Serine Market Outlook
Serine is a non-essential amino acid that occurs naturally in the human body and is used for various biological processes. Serine is available in various different types naturally in the body. These different types are L-, D- and DL-Serine. It is usually in a crystalline form and is white in colour and odourless.
These have different purposes and the commercial production of different types of serine is according to its end use applications. Serine is also used for research purposes in laboratories and in educational institutions. In the cosmetics and the personal care industry, serine is used in skin care and hair care products. Serine is a key component in developing and manufacturing a wide spectrum of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and supplements.
But the consumption of serine in excess is also known to have adverse effects on the human body and thus there are regulations on the addition or consumption of serine in nutraceutical and pharmaceutical products.
Market Growth Analysis
Global Industry Analysis 2014 - 2018 and Opportunity Assessment 2019 - 2029
L-Serine High in Demand than the Other Serine Types and Derivatives
The type of serine that is mainly used for a commercial purpose is the L-serine. This is because there are many end-use applications for L-Serine. It is being used in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and the personal care and cosmetics industry. Even though the starting process for the production of all types of serine is the same, the cost of production of L-Serine is comparatively less than the other types of serine as the process later on differs. Also, due to its low price, L-Serine is more preferred in the end use industries than the other types. It is also being used as an important ingredient in parenteral and enteral nutrition.
Serine Market: Regional Analysis
The major demand for serine is in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industry. Due to this, the U.S. has become the major consumer for serine in the global market owing to its increased use in the pharmaceutical industry. The increased consumption of nutraceuticals in the developed regions such as North America and Europe is also a driving factor for the demand of serine in the market. Also, China is a major producer of different types of serine. In the Asia Pacific region, China and India are the major consumers due to the growing nutraceuticals, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical industry. Thus, these countries are anticipated to grow at a very high rate in the serine market in the upcoming years. Also, the serine market in the Middle East and Africa region is expected to have a growth rate in the upcoming years due to the personal care industry growing at a very high rate.
The serine is produced in an enzymatic reaction and extraction processes using microbial strains. But this limits the production of serine on an industrial scale. Due to this, the manufacturers have started using renewable feedstock for the production of L- serine.
Serine Market: Key Participants
The key participants in the global serine market are as follows:
- Evonik Nutrition & Care GmbH
- Ajinomoto Co. Inc.
- Kyowa Hakko Bio Co. Ltd.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Wuxi Jinghai Amino Acid Co., Ltd.
- Hubei Provincial Bafeng Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals Share Co. Ltd.
- Shantou Jiahe Biologic Technology Co. Ltd.
- Hebei Huayang Amino Acids Group Company Limited
- Acerbland Ingredients Co. Ltd.
- Puyer BioPharm
- Tianan Pharmceuticals
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the serine market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Serine Market Segments
- Serine Market Dynamics
- Serine Market Size
- Serine Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Serine Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Serine Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Serine
- Value Chain Analysis of the Serine Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Competitive Positioning Matrix
Average Selling Price (ASP) Analysis
Serine Market: Segmentation
The global serine market has been segmented on the basis of type, grade and application.
On the basis of type, the global serine market has been segmented as –
- L -Serine
- D -Serine
On the basis of grade, the global serine market has been segmented as-
- Food grade
- Pharmaceutical grade
- Industrial grade
On the basis of application, the global serine market has been segmented as-
- Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Hair Care
- Skin Care
- Research and Laboratory Purposes
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the serine market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the serine market
- Competitive landscape of the serine market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on serine market performance
- Must-have information for serine market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint