This Sharp Waste Disposal market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Sharp Waste Disposal market.
Improvisation in the Healthcare Practices Promotes the Usage and Adoption of Sharp Waste Disposal Equipment
Safe practices related to the handling and disposal of sharp instrument in healthcare settings are being adopted these days in order to protect the staff, patients and visitors from exposure to any blood-borne infection. Along with this, various initiatives regarding sharp waste disposal has been taken by the concerned agencies these days such as NHS and FDA in order to reduce the associated risks. This waste is classified under the biomedical waste which includes objects used to puncture skin such as blades, needles, syringes, lancets, knife, scissors, glass, sharp plastic, etc. The foremost objective in sharps waste management is to carefully handle all the materials until their disposal. The growing use of sharps with the increase in number of healthcare facilities, increasing number of surgical procedures, as well as growing healthcare concerns promotes the market for sharp waste disposal products. More than sixteen billion injections are administered annually worldwide, the largest contributor of sharps waste. Several studies revealed that health facilities still dispose injections and other sharp wastes in open pits or in cardboard boxes instead of using disposal containers. Thus, generating the need for adopting effective sharp waste equipment at these facilities.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Sharp wastes from the healthcare sector are suspected to contain pathogenic microorganisms in adequate concentration or quantity, which can cause various diseases to a susceptible host. These sharp wastes may be found in operating rooms, emergency rooms, general wards, laboratories, collection bins and hospital laundry. Improperly discarded sharp wastes may get exposed to patients, healthcare staff and the waste pickers, thus spreading the infection. This factor generated the need of sharp waste disposal equipment at medical facilities. In view of this, there are also several guidelines issued by regulatory agencies for proper management of sharp waste disposal. Product types used in the sharp waste disposal include sharps disposal kits, disposal containers and destroyers.
Sharp Waste Disposal Market Assessment by End Users
Factors Driving the Sharp Waste Disposal Market
Imposition of guidelines regarding the safe disposal of sharp wastes such as imposition of Health and Safety regulations in the U.K. in May 2013 promotes the usage and adoption of these equipment at medical facilities, which fuels the growth of the sharp waste disposal products market. The market is also dependent on the number of surgical procedures and diagnostic tests being performed. There is also several published data regarding the injuries caused by ‘inappropriate disposal’, which also fuels the adoption of sharp waste disposal products at healthcare facilities. However, lower adoption in rural areas and absence of regulations in low-income countries restricts the global market growth of sharps waste disposal.
Disposal Containers for Sharp Waste
Significant portion of the market has been covered by disposal containers, kits and destroyers segments. However, the disposal containers segment holds a large revenue share and is anticipated to do so over the forecast period. Greater adoption of containers at every facility, easy availability and cheap price support the penetration for this segment in the overall market. Manufacturers are involved in the development of effective, economical, safe and durable sharp waste disposal equipment. These commercial products are available with different colors and size.
Sharp Waste Disposal in Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Hospitals and diagnostics laboratories segment pose a strong position in the market owing to the occurrence of large volume of sharp wastes at these facilities. These end users share a significant portion of revenue share in the overall market. However, increasing number of ambulatory surgical centers these days due to growth in outpatient surgeries, less expenditure, reduced hospital stays, etc. provides remarkable growth opportunities for the manufacturers of sharp waste disposal equipment.
Regional Market Outlook
North America represents the highest market share for the sharp waste disposal equipment owing to the strict guidance followed in healthcare settings. Additionally, huge healthcare infrastructure spending in these regions also supports the growth of sharp waste disposal market in the region. Western Europe with leading the market share is supported by the large number of advanced healthcare infrastructure facilities and regulatory compliance. APEJ region is anticipated to have significant market growth for sharp waste disposal owing to the large number of healthcare facilities present in the region. Further, increasing support by governmental and non-governmental agencies for imposing regulations regarding safe disposal of bio-hazardous waste also supports the market growth in the region. Latin America region represents low market share but a good growth rate owing to the increasing private sector in healthcare environment. Eastern Europe followed by Middle East & Africa is anticipated to have the lowest share in the sharp waste disposal market over the forecast period due to the absence of regulations.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
The market sizing of sharp waste disposal will be done by the adoption data triangulation approach. The demand-side approach will be followed to assess the actual market size of sharp waste disposal. Secondary research will be done at the initial phase to identify the feasibility of the target products categories and its respective segments, product and service offerings, equipment installed base in end-use facilities, adoption rate and future impact of new technologies. Each piece of information will be eventually analyzed during the entire research project, which will help build a strong base for the primary research information.
Primary research participants include demand-side respondents such as laboratory managers, procurement managers, research supervisors at academic and research institutes, as well as key opinion leaders in addition to supply-side respondents such as equipment manufacturers, custom solution and service providers who provide valuable insights on trends, research application of products and technologies, purchasing patterns, services offered and associated pricing.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Sharp Waste Disposal Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Examples of some of the players identified in the global sharp waste disposal market include Seton, BD, SoClean India, Thermofisher Scientific, GPC Medical, Frontier Medical Group, Daniels, etc. The companies in the sharp waste disposal equipment market are involved in the manufacturing of convenient, safety-engineered disposal products complying all safety regulations. The market for sharp waste disposal is mostly fragmented with the presence of regional players operating at small level. There are very few large players operating at the international level. The manufacturers in the sharp waste disposal market are also focused on engineering equipment with specialized features. The ongoing training and awareness programs regarding the safe disposal of bio-hazardous products also has a long-term impact on the product adoption and sales. In addition to the sharp waste disposal equipment, the market of service providers for disposing sharp waste is also advancing.
| || || |
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Sharp Waste Disposal Market by product type, usability, end user and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding China & Japan, China, Japan, Middle East & Africa by test type, end user segments and country
- Sharp Waste Disposal Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Sharp Waste Disposal Market Size & Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Sharp Waste Disposal Agents Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size, recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Regional healthcare outlook and consumer healthcare expenditure
- Key Regulations
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume
By Product Type
- Sharps Disposal Kits
- Sharps Disposal Containers
- Sharps Destroyers
- Single Use
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Home Care Settings
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan & China
- Middle East & Africa
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Sharp Waste Disposal Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Sharp Waste Disposal Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Sharp Waste Disposal Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Sharp Waste Disposal Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)