This Submarine Communication Cables market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Submarine Communication Cables market.
Global nexus of communication cable is serving as spine of telecom industry worldwide. In this era of wireless communication, people often consider it purely satellite based systems, although the fact is that the cable communication still contributes over 95 percent to the global communication channels. These cables not only offer high speed communication but are also cheaper modes of data and voice transfers as compared to wireless. Also, these cables are less affected due to weather conditions which is a major supremacy over the wireless communication.
The communication among different countries majorly rely on the network submarine cables which are laid under water completing a channel between two continents. The first submarine cable was laid in 1850’s between U.K and France, however the first fully operational transoceanic communication cable was laid in 1866 between Ireland and Newfoundland (Canada) with a transfer speed of seven words per minute via telegraph. Later the introduction of fiber-optic cables revolutionised the submarine communication cables which are now capable of handling millions of simultaneous telephone calls and several terabytes of data transfer rate. Today, the world has a web of million miles of submarine cable across the oceans, connecting continents, islands and countries around the world. The modern submarine communication cable is around 25 mm which are used for deep ocean application and are typically unarmoured, while the diameter of an armoured fibre-optic cables may reach 50 mm for shallow water applications. The submarine communication cables are laid by specially-modified ships that carry the submarine cable on board and slowly lay it out on the seabed as per the planned. The process of laying a submarine communication cable generally starts from a landing station, where a long cable section is connected to the landing point and then the cable is extended out to a few miles in the sea. The other end of the cable is then further connected to the cable on the ship and then the ship starts its cable laying process. The cable layup process is very slow and the entire project takes years to complete.
Submarine Communication Cables Market: Dynamics
Over the past few year, the data usage rate has increased tremendously and has nearly doubled in last two years. Further, the data consumption rate is expected to grow several time in coming years. This demand is largely driven by rapid increase in number of mobile users, social networking sites and a huge shift towards cloud services. Also, increasing information and technology exchange trade among countries around the world is one of the major factor propelling the global submarine communication cables market. Growing craze for faster bandwidth communication which is now reaching above 20-50 Gbps. Nowadays several market players are designing the systems with an eye over 100G technology, so it can be expected to evolve a new bandwidth technology in near future. Also, the growing demands of high speed communication channel has outdated the conventional or submarine cables which were laid just a decade ago which are expected to completely replaced by the newer technology cables.
On the other hand, researcher are emphasising to increase the capabilities of wireless or satellite based communication to provide high speed connectivity may hassle he growth of communication cables somewhat. Also, the submarine communication cables require frequent maintenance and continue monitoring as they are exposed to natural hazards such as submarine earthquakes, currents and waves, extreme weather, etc. Any fault in the line may stop the entire channel making overall system at risk.
Submarine Communication Cables Market: Region-Wise Outlook
In terms of geography, North America is anticipated to be the largest market due to high technology development and emphasis on the increasing information channel links with other countries. Also, the region has broad nexus of old submarine communication lines which are expected to be either replaced or modified in near future. Asia Pacific which is witnessing highest growth of data users and blooming IT service industry is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate in terms of both new projects and well as the replacement of the old lines. Growing infrastructure in several Middle East and African nations is expected to offer new opportunities to the submarine communication cable market players. Moreover, several private companies are anticipated to opt of private network for enhanced data security is expected to further strengthen the market.
Submarine Communication Cables Market: Market Participants
The submarine communication cables market is dominated by major technology giants catering their advanced technology products in the global market. Examples of some of the participants in the global submarine communication cables market are NEC Corporation, General Cable Technologies Corporation, OCC Corporation, Hengtong Marine Cable system, ZTT Group, Alcatel Submarine Networks, Inc. Nexans S.A., among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Submarine Communication Cables Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Submarine Communication Cables Market: Segmentation
The global submarine communication cables are market can be segmented as:
On the basis of cable type;
- Single armoured
- Double armoured
On the basis of Ownership:
- Private Enterprises
- Multilateral Development Banks
On the basis of project type
- New Projects
- Up gradations
On the basis of service
- Layup services/Installation
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Submarine Communication Cables Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Submarine Communication Cables Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Submarine Communication Cables Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Submarine Communication Cables Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.