Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Market: Introduction and Definition
Cinnamaldehyde is also known as cinnamic aldehyde, cassia aldehyde, and abion cinnamaldehyde. It is a yellow coloured liquid with sweet taste and gives odor similar to that of cinnamon.
The chemical formula of Cinnamaldehyde is C9H8O, and its CAS-number is 104-55-2.
While Cinnamaldehyde is found naturally in the cinnamon tree’s bark (and also of other trees such as camphor and cassia), synthetic Cinnamaldehyde is obtained by synthesis of mixture of Benzaldehyde and acetaldehyde, in presence of sodium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid or sodium ethylate under optimum temperature and pressure conditions.
Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde is used in laboratory and industrial manufacturing. Synthetic cinnamaldehyde is toxic in nature it causes skin corrosion, eye irritation, respiratory tract irritation, and also causes hazards for the aquatic environment. Cinnamaldehyde is obtained from cinnamon essential oil.
Synthetic cinnamaldehyde is also known as corrosion inhibitor for steel and ferrous alloys in corrosive fluids.
Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Market: Market Dynamics
Growing household, food and beverages and personal care sector around the globe is increasing synthetic Cinnamaldehyde application in fragrances and flavor sectors, which is a key factor responsible for the growth of global market of synthetic Cinnamaldehyde.
Synthetic cinnamaldehyde is used in fragrances and flavor industries for conveying cinnamon flavor to different types of foods, beverages, medical products and perfumes.
Synthetic cinnamaldehyde is used in liquor industry for flavoring cordials and liqueurs. Owing to all these applications the global market of synthetic cinnamaldehyde is growing at a decent pace.
Synthetic cinnamaldehyde also has an application as a filtering agent, rubber reinforcing agent, a corrosion inhibitor for sulphuric acid baths to clean galvanized iron and zinc, an attractant for termites, as a component of photographic hardening bleaches, as an emulsion fog inhibitor for photographic 6 films, and in electroplating baths.
Rising demand for all these application areas is projected to drive the growth of global synthetic cinnamaldehyde market over the forecast period.
Synthetic cinnamaldehyde acts as an effective pesticide and insecticide, owing to this property of synthetic cinnamaldehyde it has application in agriculture sector too.
It’s use as an agrochemical will be a key factor for the growth of global synthetic cinnamaldehyde market during the forecast period.
Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Market: Regional Outlook
North America is a key demand market for synthetic cinnamaldehyde, with significant demand from the food and industrial sectors. Also, large number of synthetic cinnamaldehyde manufacturers are based in New Jersey, USA, which makes it a supply hub for synthetic cinnamaldehyde in North America region.
The significant expansion of the food & beverages industry across Asia Pacific region and increasing application of synthetic cinnamaldehyde in food & beverage industries, will drive the regional market of synthetic cinnamaldehyde across the region over the forecast period.
Europe is anticipated to have prominent growth of synthetic cinnamaldehyde market owing to its application in food & beverage sector, however the strict regulatory environment also presents a challenge for the market in this region owing to toxicity concerns.
Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde: Market Participants
Example of some market participant in the global synthetic cinnamaldehyde market across the value chain include are:
- Berje Inc., (New Jersey)
- NIPA Laboratories Inc., (Wellington)
- Penta Manufacturing Company (New Jersey)
- D&O Chemical Inc. (New Jersey)
- Givaudan Corporation, (New Jersey)
- Quest International Fragrances USA Inc (New Jersey)
- Chemical Dynamics Corporation (New Jersey)
- CHEM-FLEUR Inc., (New Jersey)
- Haarmann & Revmer Corporation (New Jersey)
- Universal Oil Products Company (New Jersey)
The Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data.
It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report on Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and product type.
The Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Market Segments
- Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Market Dynamics
- Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Market Size
- Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Market Supply/Demand
- Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Competition & Companies involved
- Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Value Chain
Regional analysis of Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- South Asia (India, ASEAN, Rest of South Asia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- Oceania (Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Northern Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain.
The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Market: Market segmentation
The global market of synthetic Cinnamaldehyde can be segmented on the basis of type, application and synthesis process:
Basis of Type of Product
- Flavor agent
- Antimicrobial agent
- Aroma agent
- Pesticide & Insecticide
Basis of Application
- Food &beverages
- Household &Personal care
Basis of Synthesis Process
- Oxidation of cinnamyl alcohol
- Condensation of Benzaldehyde and Acetaldehyde in presence of sodium hydroxide
- Hydrolysis of cinnamyl dichloride by cold water
- Condensation of styrene with formylmethylaniline in presence of phosphorus oxychloride
- Treatment of (1-chloroally) benzene with phosphorus pentachloride and conversion of (2, 3, 3-trichloropropyl) benzene to cinnamaldehyde
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.