This Timing Gear market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Timing Gear market.
In recent past, additional potential gain has been evaluated in the global automotive market, this is due to increased surge in demand for high performance, fuel efficient, low emission and technologically advanced modern vehicles. The automotive component market growth goes proportional with the global automotive production trends. Various valve timing technologies today, avail engines to provide fuel efficiency and reduce emissions, making today vehicles more environment friendly. Timing gear is toothed wheel that rotates and transfers motion of crankshaft to camshaft, which in end controls the opening and closing of inlet and exhaust valve. The timing gear is connected by chain or belt to the crankshaft at one end and camshaft at another end. The proper functioning of an engine requires proper functioning of timing gear, as few degrees lag can affect functioning of engine. Thus an engine must be properly timed.
The timing gear are subjected to high customization in design and dimensions as per engine requirements for various applications. Various factors such as implementation of Euro VI emission norm by various international bodies is pushing manufacturers on developing new valve timing related technologies, this makes timing gear market growth opportunistic. Recently, BorgWarner announced to expand its engine timing business in Korea and supply technology to Hyundai and Kia vehicles
Timing gear dimension and design vary from engine to engine, for example timing gear construction will be different for an inline engine as compared to a V-cylinder engine. The timing gear market is driven by new vehicle production, replacement and engine customization demands. The replacement and demands from engine customization falls under the aftermarket segment. The demand of timing gear for new vehicles is comparatively higher than replacement demands.
Timing Gear Market: Drivers & Restraints
The growing global automobile production and requirements for modern engines tends to increase demand for timing gears. Further, stringent emission standards implemented across the globe such as recent Euro VI rise demands for fuel efficient engines with low emission levels. Further, replacement demands also drives the global timing gear Market. However, high replacement cost and development of new technologies such as camless engine may act as the restraint to market growth.
Timing Gear Market: Region-wise Outlook
The global automotive production has almost doubled in past five years. The increased production of automobiles globally fuels the automotive component OEM and aftermarket sales. Prominent regions such as Europe and China are hub for automotive manufacturing. Presently Europe is the largest market for automotive components by value. North America is estimated to be next big market for automotive components, including timing gears. Prominent countries in the region such as U.S. has automotive industry as the largest manufacturing sector. Asia-Pacific is another growing market for timing gears, recent trend observed in the market is transition of big players to emerging economies for manufacturing such as China, India, and Korea etc.
Timing Gear Market: Key Players
The key players identified in the Timing Gear Market are:
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Torqtek Design and Manufacturing, LLC
- RACL Geartech Ltd.
- W.M. Berg
- Bhagat Forge Ltd.
- Melling Engine Parts
- JBM Industries
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Timing Gear Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Timing Gear Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the Timing Gear Market is segmented as:
- Camshaft Timing Gear
- Crankshaft Timing Gear
On the basis of type of engine, the Timing Gear Market is segmented as:
- Inline Engines
- V – Engines
On the basis of vehicle type, the Timing Gear Market is segmented as:
- Passenger Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial and Off-Highway Vehicles
On the basis of sales channel, the Timing Gear Market is segmented as:
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Timing Gear Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Timing Gear Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Timing Gear Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Timing Gear Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.