This Automotive Timing Chain Market market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Timing Chain Market market.
Engine timing drives and components are one of the most critical systems. Automotive timing belts are subject to excessive wear and elongation, whereas timing gears contribute excess mass and inertia to the system. Therefore, automotive timing chains are preferred and widely used in high performance engines. An automotive timing chain runs inside the engine and needs to be lubricated by engine oil. Lack of oil changes and low quality oil usage can cause fast wear off of automotive timing chains. Engineers may use gears, chains or belts to drive the camshaft and maintain valve timings.
Improving engine efficiency and fuel economy are eminent trends of the automotive industry, which include downsizing engines, enhancing speed and direct fuel injection and boosting. The performance of automotive engines greatly depends on components, such as timing belts and chains. Furthermore, CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) standards have become relatively stringent and levy heavy fines on automakers that do not reach the standard mpg (miles per gallon) norms. The aforementioned factors force automakers to develop better automobiles with superior fuel efficiency and reduced emissions. Usage of better alloys with high tensile strength in automotive timing chains is prjected to support growth of the automotive timing chain market in upcoming years.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The growing need for smooth-running engines, coupled with the increase in demand for vehicles is anticipated to drive demand for the automotive timing chain market. Moreover, stringent emission norms in countries, such as U.S., Germany, Japan, etc. is further expected to cause an upsurge in the demand for automotive timing chains during the forecast period.
Automotive Timing Chain Market: Trends
It is globally acknowledged that automotive timing chains last throughout the engine’s lifetime, require less space under hood and are more durable, especially in high powered engines. Today, over 80% of the vehicles (light commercial vehicles) produced in South America use belt technology in their engine. Many automakers in South America are gradually recognizing these benefits and moving from automotive belts to chains. Automotive timing chains decrease friction by up to 25 percent, which results in improved fuel economy and durability, and reduced noise. Moreover, automakers are trying to develop automotive timing chains that reduce cost, lower weight and offer high durability in severe weather conditions.
One of the challenges associated with automotive timing chains is that they rely on engine oil pressure, and if, for any reason the pressure of oil is low, the chain tensioners can lose pressure and offset the engine timing. This could result in poor engine performance and the chain may malfunction, causing extensive damage. Further, automotive timing chains require engine oil changes on a regular basis for smooth running of the chain. Therefore, the high maintenance cost related with automotive timing chains may pose a challenge for this industry.
Automotive Timing Chain Market: Segmentation
Automotive Timing Chain Market: Market Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Timing Chain Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of type, the global automotive timing chain market can be segmented into:
- Roller Chain
- Silent Chain
On the basis of vehicle type, the global automotive timing chain market can be segmented into:
- PC (Passenger Car)
- LCV (Light Commercial Vehicle)
- HCV (Heavy Commercial Vehicle)
On the basis of fuel type, the global automotive timing chain market can be segmented into:
Examples of some of the market participants in the global automotive timing chain market, identified across the value chain include:
- BorgWarner Automotive Inc.
- Aisin Automotive Casting, LLC
- Tsubakimoto Europe B.V.
- Egon von Ruville GmbH
- Schaeffler AG
- Cloyes Gear & Products Inc.
- Maroblox (Pty) Ltd
- Joh. Winklhofer Beteiligungs GmbH & Co. KG
- Engine Parts (UK) Ltd.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.