This Automotive Mems Sensor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Mems Sensor market.
Automotive MEMS Sensor Market: Introduction
Automotive Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) Sensors are computer systems that control and maintain the entire mechanical, electronic and electrical systems of the automobile. These systems are a combination at the nano-scale into NEMS (nanoelectromechanical systems) and nanotechnology.
The application of MEMS inertial sensors has unlocked various desirable features that are among the most common features in automobiles these days. Several applications have become well-known because they have become universal in automobiles. Certain applications that have the most advanced features are mainly found in high-end models, however, they are destined to become standard. Automotive MEMS sensors can be classified based on functions such as crash sensing for airbag control, vehicle dynamic control, rollover detection, antitheft systems, electronic parking brake systems, vehicle navigation systems and others. Automotive MEMS sensors mainly consist of a microprocessor/central unit that processes data and several microsensors that interact with the surroundings. Commonly used materials for automotive MEMS sensor systems/semiconductor device fabrication are silicon, polymers and metals such as gold, nickel, aluminium, copper, tungsten, chromium, titanium, platinum, etc.
Automotive MEMS Sensor Market: Dynamics
Increase in the demand for technologically advanced vehicles across the globe is one of the major factors driving the automotive MEMS sensor market. Government regulations regarding safety features to reduce the usage of fuel as well as the increasing demand for vehicles with better mileage by the general public are some of the major factors boosting the adoption of automotive MEMS sensors in the automotive industry. Moreover, the steady growth of alternative vehicle choices, such as the technologically advanced hybrid vehicles or pure electric cars, in various regions has contributed significantly to the automotive MEMS sensor market due to the high complexities of these automobiles over conventionally used vehicles. The ease of driving, driver safety, security concerns and the demand for vehicles that require low maintenance are also some of the factors driving the automotive MEMS sensor market.
An automotive MEMS sensor system usually comprises of mechanical and electronic components working in tandem with each other. The perfect integration of these components is a major challenge, which can, in turn, hinder the growth of the automotive MEMS sensor market.
Automotive MEMS Sensor Market: Regional Outlook
The Europe automotive MEMS sensor market, followed by the North America automotive MEMS sensor market, is expected to hold a major share in the global automotive MEMS sensor market during the forecast period. The Asia Pacific automotive MEMS sensor market is expected to be the fastest growing market in the automotive MEMS sensor market owing to an increase in the vehicle fleet in this region. Europe and North America are expected to hold more than half of the market share of the global automotive MEMS sensor market. Moreover, government initiatives to increase foreign direct investments in countries such as India and China to increase manufacturing, industrialisation and improving the standard of living of the general population are also expected to play an important role in the growth of the global automotive MEMS sensor market during the forecast period. However, the rest of the world is estimated to account for a relatively small share of the automotive MEMS sensor market.
Automotive MEMS Sensor Market: Market Participants
Some of the market participants operating across the value chain of the global automotive MEMS sensor market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH.
- InvenSense, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Sensata Technologies, Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Harman International
The automotive MEMS sensor market research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The automotive MEMS sensor market research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The automotive MEMS sensor market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis of the automotive MEMS sensors includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The automotive MEMS sensor market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The automotive MEMS sensor market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Mems Sensor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automotive MEMS Sensor Market: Segmentation
Based on the applications, the automotive MEMS sensor market can be segmented as follows:
- Crash Sensing for Airbag Control
- Rollover Detection
- Vehicle Dynamic Control
- Electronic Parking Brake Systems
- Antitheft Systems
- Vehicle Navigation Systems
Based on the sales channel, the automotive MEMS sensor market can be segmented as follows:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
Based on the vehicle type, the automotive MEMS sensor market can be segmented as follows:
- Passenger vehicles
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Hybrid Vehicles
- Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV)
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
Automotive MEMS Sensor Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Mems Sensor Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Mems Sensor Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Mems Sensor Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Mems Sensor Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.