This Vehicle Starter Motor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Vehicle Starter Motor market.
Vehicle Starter Motor Market: Outlook
The growth in the number of vehicles has led to a continuous increase in the demand for engines over the past few years. This fuelled demand for engines, is, in turn, driving the growth of the vehicle starter motor market. A vehicle starter motor is a component that converts the stored electrical energy in the battery into mechanical power in order to start or crank the engine. The vehicle starter motor distributes the mechanical energy required to rotate the crankshaft for a specified number of cycles. When the crankshaft starts rotating, the engine initiates the procedure of combustion. Moreover, the vehicle starter motor is able to disengage itself once the engine begins to run on its own power.
Before the introduction of the vehicle starter motor technology, earlier engines were started by several other techniques such as gunpowder cylinders, wind-up springs, and human-powered systems such as a detachable crank handle that engaged the front of the crankshaft, to name a few. Therefore, with the advent of technology, vehicle starter motors have been integrated into the operation of engines.
Vehicle Starter Motor Market: Drivers
The rise in the demand for passenger cars, coupled with the growing preference for M&HCVs for transporting cargo, is expected to spur the demand for vehicle starter motors. Additionally, the application of automotive alternators and starter motors in new segments of vehicles, such as electric and hybrid vehicles, is also set to drive the demand for alternators and vehicle starter motors across the world
However, the increasing efforts being taken by automotive companies to develop and upgrade their component technologies, such as integrated starter generators, in order to abide by the regulations and rules towards the development of fuel efficiency norms by reducing fuel emissions, are likely to hinder the growth of the vehicle starter motor market over the forecast period.
Vehicle Starter Motor Market: Regional Outlook
Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific are key markets for the future, and are expected to provide big opportunities to global vehicle starter motor and alternator companies, owing to the growth in the automotive sector and the rise in the demand for commercial vehicles in these regions. Also, in the past five years, there has been increasing production of vehicles, worldwide, owing to the increasing demand and usage of commercial vehicles. This, in turn, is expected to drive the demand for vehicle starter motors during the forecast period.
During the past few years, automotive vehicles have continued to have strong projections for advancements and market penetration. Western Europe and North America have progressively become the main centers for global brand innovation and development, making these ideal regions to develop new vehicle starter motors with innovative technology.
Vehicle Starter Motor Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants/vendors identified in the vehicle starter motor market across the globe are Denso Corporation (Japan), BBB Industries (U.S.), Valeo SA (France), Mitsuba Corporation (Japan), Ningbo zhongwang AUTO Fittings Co., Ltd. (China), BorgWarner Inc. (U.S.), Hella KGaA Hueck & Co. (Germany), Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd. (Japan), Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), ASIMCO Technologies Ltd. (China), Unipoint Electric MFG Co., Ltd. (Taiwan), Lucas Electrical Limited (U.K.), Remy International, Inc. (U.S.), Mitsubishi Electric (Japan), and Cummins Inc. (U.S.)
The vehicle starter motor market research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, type, component, sales channel, vehicle type, and .
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand of Vehicle Starter Motors
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in the Vehicle Starter Motor Market
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Technology of Vehicle Starter Motors
- Value Chain of the Vehicle Starter Motor Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The vehicle starter motor market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The vehicle starter motor market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Vehicle Starter Motor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Vehicle Starter Motor Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, the vehicle starter motor market can be segmented into:
- Flou-Thru Drive
- Gear Reduction
- Movable Pole Shoes
- Inertia Starters
On the basis of component, the vehicle starter motor market can be segmented into:
- Starter Drive Gears
- Shift Forks
- Return Springs
On the basis of sales channel, the vehicle starter motor market can be segmented into:
- OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers)
On the basis of vehicle type, the vehicle starter motor market can be segmented into:
- Passenger Cars
- HCVs (Heavy Commercial Vehicles)
- LCVs (Light Commercial Vehicles)
On the basis of engine type, the vehicle starter motor market can be segmented into:
- Diesel Engines
- Gasoline Engines
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Vehicle Starter Motor Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Vehicle Starter Motor Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Vehicle Starter Motor Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Vehicle Starter Motor Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.