This Amorphous Metal Cores market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Amorphous Metal Cores market.
Amorphous Metal Cores: Introduction
Also known as vitreous metals, amorphous metal cores are glassy or non-crystalline in physical appearance. Amorphous metal cores are used for creating high-performance transformers. Amorphous metal cores have low conductivity, which helps to reduce eddy currents in the core body. Since amorphous metal cores does not have anisotropic properties, it shows excellent magnetic behavior such as minimum iron loss while having high-saturation magnetic flux density with high permeability. Amorphous metal cores are generally used in distribution transformers. In terms of end use sector, Amorphous metal cores are commonly preferred in renewable energy systems such as solar power and wind energy, as they typically operate with 20 - 40% low load conditions. Amorphous metal cores have been used in liquid-filled transformers for over 20 years, and now this technology is trending in dry type transformers as well.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Amorphous Metal Cores Market: Dynamics
The amorphous alloy in the iron core of transformer significantly reduces energy costs and helps increase electrical characteristics while reducing the level of CO2 emissions. Power transmission equipment manufacturers today are searching for a technology that saves energy and reduces their operating cost. This has encouraged amorphous metal cores manufacturers to develop optimized and energy efficient products for use in distribution transformers. Normally, 10% of total electricity generated by an electric company is lost during the distribution and transmission process. Thus, distribution transformers consisting of amorphous metal cores help save a significant amount of energy and cost. Other uses that benefit from amorphous metal cores include output filter chokes in large Switched-Mode Power Supply (SMPS), power factor correction chokes in UPS systems and high-power lamp ballasts.
The initial costs of amorphous metal cores are relatively higher as compared to crystalline silicon steel owing to certain beneficial properties such as lower saturation magnetic flux density of amorphous steel than that of silicon steel, which is mostly preferred by transformer manufacturers. This results in high cost per unit of large sized amorphous core transformers. Although, it’s increased energy efficiency and low operational costs throughout the lifetime of transformer, could help compensate its high initial costs. Therefore, despite of high costs, the above mentioned factors are estimated to boost the market demand for amorphous metal cores in the coming years.
On the flip side, amorphous metal cores shows various limitations which may curb the market growth. Hardness along with reduced thickness makes slitting and shearing difficult. Moreover, the brittleness property of amorphous metal cores has also made it un-friendly to the transformer manufacturers. Due to these limitations, the amorphous metal core technology has been limited at present to very few customers across geographies.
Amorphous Metal Cores: Regional Market Outlook
With U.S. agreeing to expand the production of amorphous metal core transformers in order to achieve efficient distribution & transmission of electricity, the global amorphous metal cores market is projected to witness lucrative growth opportunities in North America. In addition, since U.S. has the highest per capita electricity consumption ratio in the world, government and utility companies are taking various initiatives to introduce energy efficient transforming solutions, which is estimated to accelerate the growth of amorphous metal cores market during the forecast period.
Moreover, regions such as East Asia and South Asia are also estimated to witness lackluster growth driven by major installations of amorphous metal core transformers in India and China. The recent electrification projects are heavily investing in energy efficient technology which is expected to drive the growth for amorphous metal cores market over the slated time period.
The European countries are also facing an upsurge in the amorphous metal cores market. For instance, Spanish utility companies have started to import the amorphous metal core transformers and is also promoting in-house manufacturing of the same with local manufacturers.
Amorphous Metal Cores: Market Key Players
Some of the prominent market participants in the global amorphous metal cores market include the following players:
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Advanced Technology & Materials Co., Ltd.
- Zhaojing Incorporated
- Qingdao Yunlu New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.
- China Amorphous Technology Co.,Ltd
- Mangal Electrical Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- KOTSONS Pvt. Ltd.
- Usha Amorphous Metals Ltd.
The amorphous metal cores research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the amorphous metal cores market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The amorphous metal cores research report provides analysis and information according to market segments, such as geographies, application, and industry.
The Amorphous Metal Cores report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Amorphous Metal Cores Market Segments
- Amorphous Metal Cores Market Dynamics
- Amorphous Metal Cores Market Size
- Amorphous Metal Cores Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in the Amorphous Metal Cores Market
- Competition & Companies involved in the Amorphous Metal Cores Market
- Amorphous Metal Cores Technology
- Value Chain of the Amorphous Metal Cores Market
Amorphous Metal Cores regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The global report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The amorphous metal cores report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Amorphous Metal Cores Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Amorphous Metal Cores: Market Segmentation
On the basis of Type, the global amorphous metal cores market can be segmented into the following,
- E Core
- C Core
On the basis of Application, the global amorphous metal cores market can be segmented into the following,
- Iron Based
- Cobalt Based
On the basis of End Use, the global amorphous metal cores market can be segmented into the following,
Amorphous Metal Cores Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market of the amorphous metal cores market
- Changing amorphous metal cores market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in amorphous metal cores
- amorphous metal cores market competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Amorphous Metal Cores Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Amorphous Metal Cores Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Amorphous Metal Cores Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Amorphous Metal Cores Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.