This Automotive Interior Plastic Components market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Interior Plastic Components market.
Plastic is the most suitable material for use in the automotive industry due to its beneficial properties like scratch resistance, high volume to weight resistance, thermal stability and impact resistance. These properties in turn ease the operation for automotive component manufacturers by reducing the cycle time for moulding, and reducing the assembly time for OEMs. Furthermore, Shifting consumer preference for passenger cars with an attractive appearance and upgraded aerodynamic shape is pushing manufacturer to use materials like advanced plastic which are easier to mould to desired shape than other materials. On other hand, growing demand for fuel efficient vehicles, component manufacturers are continuously innovating lightweight automotive components with advanced plastic material owning until they help to improve the functionality, appearance, and safety of automobiles, while delivering the superior value to consumers. The use of new and upgraded automotive components, such as a navigation panel and rear vehicle infotainment system, is increasing significantly in the premium and mid-range passenger car segments. These components are generally made up of advanced plastic materials, and the aftermarket for such augmented products is increasing in Brazil with the increasing number of vehicles in operation (personal car and in-transit/cab-services). For instance, BMW’s i3, is an innovative electric car which is built with a lightweight carbon fiber and advanced plastic material.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Automotive Interior Plastic Components Market: Dynamics
By using plastic components, the overall kerb weight of a vehicle can be reduced as these components are lighter in weight as compared to aluminum and steel. The reduced weight of a vehicle improves its fuel efficiency which further helps to reduce the CO2 emission. For instance, approximately 10% weight reduction in a vehicle results in 3–4% fuel savings. Furthermore, increasing vehicle production, high demand for lightweight automotive component by OEMs are providing better traction in the global automotive interior plastic component market in the globe. Moreover, Government regulations to control vehicular emission and shifting consumer preferences are some of the factors which are encouraging OEMs to continue increasing uses of advance plastic material. ”INOVAR AUTO” programs by the Federal Government of Brazil is benefiting the automotive industry in Brazil, which is anticipated to benefit raw material industry such as automotive plastics. Moreover, advance plastic material is highly preferred by OEMs due to its ease of operation, excellent mouldability, extended warranties as compared to other materials such as steel and aluminum.
High cost of advance plastic material comparable to aluminum may hinder the global automotive interior plastic component market during the forecast period. There is competition from other materials like high strength steel and aluminum. Steel has the edge when it comes to recycling as plastics are relatively difficult to recycle.
Frequent new product launches by OEMs and increasing penetration of advanced technology systems like navigation panel, in-vehicle infotainment systems and on-board diagnosis system which in turn fuelling growth of the global automotive interior plastic component market. Consumer preference is shifting more towards the new designs, e.g. hatchback car with spoilers. Many manufacturers such as Toyota, General Motors, Volkswagen AG and Daimler Chrysler have set up their R&D center in Brazil with the growing interest of expanding technological capabilities. New raw material plastic products are entering into the market which are green, sustainable, and easy to install and have a long life. Example: advanced plastics like bio-based plastic and recycled plastic. These materials are comparatively less aesthetic and are mostly used in the interiors of vehicles.
As of 2013, Polypropylene dominates the market by capturing 36.6% of the total Brazil automotive plastics market, followed by Polyurethane, Poly carbonates and Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene respectively
Automotive Interior Plastic Components Market: Key Participants
The key Participants of automotive interior plastic component market are following:
- Braskem SA
- Bayer Group
- BASF SE
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
- Smiths Plastics (PTY) LTD
- PLASTIKON INDUSTRIES, INC.
- National Plastics Group
- Grupo Antolin
- MVC Holdings, LLC
- Barkley Plastics Ltd
- Plastic Molding Technology, Inc.
- Productive Plastics, Inc.
- Tata Sons Ltd
- Nifco Inc.
- DIPTY LAL JUDGE MAL PVT. LTD
- Covestro AG
Automotive Interior Plastic Components Market: Region-wise Outlook
It is anticipated that Europe may dominate the global automotive interior plastic components market owing to high consumer demand for passenger vehicle. North America is followed by Europe in the global automotive interior plastic component market. Furthermore, Asia-Pacific is emerging market for this as well high growth rate of the global automotive interior plastic component market. Countries such as India, Vietnam, Indonesia and China is anticipated to positively influence the global automotive interior plastic component market. On the other hand, other region such as Latin America contributes a lesser market share of the total revenue.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Interior Plastic Components Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automotive Interior Plastic Components Market: Segmentation
The global automotive interior plastic component market can be segmented on the basis of Vehicle type:
- Passenger vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
The global automotive interior plastic component market can be segmented on the basis of Product type:
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Poly Carbonates (PC)
The global automotive interior plastic component market can be segmented on the basis of Sales channel:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Interior Plastic Components Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Interior Plastic Components Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Interior Plastic Components Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Interior Plastic Components Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.