This Automotive Structural Steel market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Structural Steel market.
Automotive Structural Steel Market: Overview
Automotive structural steel is used to provide greater strength to vehicle components. High strength of steel can be achieved by mixing alloy materials and cooling at low temperature. Additionally, automotive structural steel has excellent cold forming ability. Therefore, it is used in the making of boom, arms of truck, and trailer frames. Stainless steel is mainly used to make exhaust systems of automotive vehicles owing to its impressive surface finishing and admirable corrosion resistance. Stainless steel is a high-value added steel product that can be used in various applications without any separate treatment. Approximately, 34% automotive structural steel is used for body structures, panels, doors, and trunk closures, 23% automotive structural steel is used for drive train components, engine component, and gears, 12% is used for suspension units, and the remaining is used for tyres, wheels, steering, breaking system, and fuel tanks. Ultra-high strength steel is keenly used in the making of B-pillar and front cross parts of automotive vehicles. High-strength steel has good balance of strength, formability, energy absorption, and durability. Therefore, it is used in the making of roof and side panels of automotive vehicles.
Automotive structural steel makers are deliberately using lightweight alloy materials with automotive structural steel in a bid to inches physical property of vehicle components i.e., strength, ductility, toughness and fatigue and make a significant cornerstone among the customers, clientele, and in the global automotive structural steel market.
Automotive Structural Steel Market: Dynamics
The increasing demand for eco-friendly vehicles, coupled with the increasing production of automotive vehicles is expected to drive the automotive structural steel market during the forecast period. Moreover, supportive government regulations pertaining to overall vehicle weight and safety of passengers are also projected to boost the demand for automotive structural steel over the coming years.
Automotive structural steel makers are strongly focused on making high-performance automotive structural steel at affordable cost, to meet the stringent safety regulations and emission norms. Moreover, automakers are also using advanced high-strength steel to increase the safety of vehicles. General Motors Company is using an advanced automotive structural steel named as Advanced High-Strength Steels (AHSS) to make 70% of its vehicles. Therefore, advanced high-strength steel has been become a trend in the automotive structural steel market.
Automotive Structural Steel Market: Regional Outlook
Europe and North America are expected to grow with a sizable share in the global automotive structural steel market owing to the rising demand for passenger vehicles, coupled with imposition of regulations pertaining to emission of harmful gasses which, in turn, drive the global automotive structural market in the coming decades. The Asia Pacific is expected to grow with a significant growth rate in the global automotive structural steel market owing to the increasing automotive vehicle fleet, coupled with the rising awareness of lightweight eco-friendly vehicles over the forthcoming years. The Middle East & Africa is anticipated to grow with minimal share in the global automotive structural steel market owing to limited automotive production facilities. Latin America is anticipated to grow in the global automotive structural market with passengers favoring light commercial vehicles for transportation purpose instead of personal vehicle.
Automotive Structural Steel Market: Key Participants
Some of the key market participants in the automotive structural steel market identified across the value chain are:
- KIRCHHOFF Group
- Inner Galaxy Group
- thyssenkrupp AG
- Advanced Structural Technologies, Inc.
- Waldaschaff Automotive GmbH
- KOBE STEEL, LTD.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. The automotive structural steel market report also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Automotive Structural Steel Market Segments
- Automotive Structural Steel Market Dynamics
- Automotive Structural Steel Market Size
- Supply & Demand of Automotive Structural Steel
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges for the Automotive Structural Steel Market
- Competition & Companies involved in the Automotive Structural Steel Market
- New Technology for Automotive Structural Steel Market
- Value Chain for Automotive Structural Steel Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The global automotive structural steel report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The automotive structural steel report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Structural Steel Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automotive Structural Steel Market: Segmentation
By manufacturing process, the automotive structural steel market can be segmented as:
- Cold Rolling
- Hot Rolling
By product type, the automotive structural steel market can be segmented as:
- Galvanized Steel
- Stainless Steel
- High-Strength Steel
- Mild Carbon Steel
- Ultra-High speed steel
By vehicle components, the automotive structural steel market can be segmented as:
- Body Structure Components (panels, roof, door, trunk lid & other)
- Drivetrain Components
- Under Chassis Components
By vehicle component, the automotive structural steel market can be segmented as:
- Passenger Car
- Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV)
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle (HCV)
- Two Wheeler
- Detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the global market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered in the global market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for automotive structural steel market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Structural Steel Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Structural Steel Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Structural Steel Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Structural Steel Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.