Cartridges for RT-PCR Automatic Systems Market Overview
Over the years, the polymerase chain reactions (PCR) technique revolutionized molecular microbiology and medical diagnostics, owing to its ability to copy and multiply specific target DNA molecules which allow diagnosing diseases quickly, accurately, and at lower cost. As the spread of coronavirus across the global shows no sign of slowing down, public health agencies and hospitals are making viral molecular diagnostics - which was buffeted by significant shortages - increasingly available.
With several countries still struggling to meet unprecedented rise in demand, biotech companies are ramping up the production of real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) kits and systems. The result is also likely to potentially raise the demand for cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems.
RT-PCR systems require the use of single-disposable cartridges that hold the RT-PCR reagents and host the entire process. These cartridges are self-contained, minimize cross-contamination between samples, and remain a gold standard for RT-PCR automatic systems that automate and integrate sample preparation, nucleic acid extraction and amplification, and detection of target sequences using RT-PCR assays.
Considering the importance of molecular diagnostics for early diagnosis in life-threatening diseases, especially in the time of Covid-19 pandemic, the demand for cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems is expected to be on a significant rise. Relatively less handling time of samples and reduced risk of cross contamination are further offering tailwinds to the market growth.
Robust Government Initiatives to Contain Covid-19 Favor Sales of Cartridges for RT-PCR Automatic System
In the current scenario, demand for cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems is gaining a significant boost from CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) rolling out PCR test kits to numerous cities.In addition to accelerating the verification process, CDC is also providing public health laboratories with diagnostic tools before unauthorized commercial products and test kits become available at scale. This, in turn, acts as a growth catalyzer for cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems market.
It is imperative to note that a sudden spike in demand is leading to shortages of swaps and reagents for sample collection kits and diagnostic tools and emerging as one of the roadblocks that hinder public health agencies’ ability to perform widespread testing. In sequence, a number of health startups are beginning to market at-home sample collection kits and cartridge-based testing kits, while the lack of authorization from Food and Drug Administration have halted the sales of these products.
North America’s Market Set to Take the Lead, as the U.S. Races to Ramp up Covid-19 Testing
North America is expected to remain at the forefront of the real-time PCR systems market as well as the cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems market. Emergence of U.S. as the most affected area of the Covid-19 pandemic is currently playing a significant role in the market growth, which is further propelled by increasing production of testing kits and presence of advanced healthcare system. A number of market players are also launching innovative Covid-19 detection kits using technology based on tried-and-tested PCR.
In March 2020, Cepheid’s Xpert® Xpress SARS-CoV-2 received FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUC) for a point-of-care Covid-19 diagnostic. The automated molecular test can provide rapid detection of the current pandemic in approximately 45 minutes with less than a minute required for preparing the sample. It is performed on GeneXpert Instrument Systems that uses disposable cartridges which include a Sample Processing Control (SPC) and Probe Check Control (PCC). As FDA accelerates the review and authorization of novel diagnostics during the coronavirus pandemic, sales of cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems are expected to grow strong going forward.
Cartridges for RT-PCR Automatic Systems Market - Competitive Landscape
In a separate section, the report covers the competitive scenario of the cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems market that offer in-depth profiling of leading market players wherein their new product launches, total revenue, regional footprint, and growth strategies have been detailed. Some of the prominent players include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Fluidigm Corporation, QIAGEN, Danaher Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Hoffmann-La Roche AG, GE Healthcare, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., and Abbott Laboratories.
With the rapid spread of coronavirus across multiple countries and the FDA’s EUA for Cepheid’s Xpert® Xpress SARS-CoV-2, a growing number of companies are racing to launch effective products and do their part in combating the spread of Covid-19.
- In March 2020, Convergent Technologies GmbH & Co. KG announced the launch of Convergys® POC RT-PCR Covid-19 Detection Kit for use with a cartridge-based standalone Convergys® POC RT-PCR Nucleic Acid Detection System. The company is also closely working Ukrainian Ministry of Health to fight Covid-19.
- In February 2019, Vela Diagnostics, a Singapore-based company, announced the development of a new diagnostic test for the detection of Covid-19 - ViroKey™ SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Test, which has been submitted to FDA for EUA clearance. The company is also co-developing a Covid-19 assay with Great Basin Scientific for use on the latter’s sample-to-result diagnostic system that utilizes a disposable cartridge with fully integrated reagents and internal controls.
Segmental Analysis of the Cartridges for RT-PCR Automatic Systems Market
The report categorizes the cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems market into four segments on the basis of sample type, application, end user, and region.
Cartridges for RT-PCR Automatic Systems Market Analysis by Sample Type
- All in one
- Reverse Phase Cartridge
- Pre-filled Buffer Cartridge System
- Blood Genomic DNA Kit Cartridge System
- Tissue Genomic DNA Kit Cartridge System
- Tissue Total RNA Kit Cartridge System
- Viral DNA/RNA Kit Cartridge System
- Gel Extraction Kit Cartridge System
Cartridges for RT-PCR Automatic Systems Market Analysis by Application
- Blood Testing
- Oncology Testing
- Pathogen Testing
- Research & Development
- Forensic Science
Cartridges for RT-PCR Automatic Systems Market Analysis by End User
- Clinical Research Organization
- Research Laboratories
- Public Health Laboratories
- Diagnostic Centers
- Educational Institutes
Regional Analysis of the Cartridges for RT-PCR Automatic Systems Market
- North America
- Western Europe
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Report Highlights: Global Cartridges for RT-PCR Automatic Systems Market
- An in-depth overview of parent market, covering RT-PCR systems market and RT-PCR kit market
- An overview of evolving market dynamics in the RT-PCR testing industry
- Detailed segmentation of cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems market
- Historical, current, and prospective examination of market size in terms of value and volume
- Recent developments and influential trends in cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems
- Opportunity assessment of cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems market
- Competitive landscape analysis of cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems marketplace
- Key player developments in catheterization space
- Niche and potential segments in cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems market that reflect promising opportunities
- A neutral perspective on the entire market performance over the forecast period
- Must-have insights for cartridges for RT-PCR automatic systems market players
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.