This Dental Fiber Posts market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Dental Fiber Posts market.
Although cast posts technique is still taught in most schools across the world a study based in the U.S. reflects that only 10% of dentists use the technique. This is primarily due to the high rate of damage to the root. This correlates with a number of studies conducted in the last decade. These days there are number of studies that compare dental fiber posts and cast posts, with results showing the tremendous advantages of dental fiber posts over the traditional cast posts. Studies show that dental fiber posts tend to have no root fractures and have a high success rate of over 95%.
An important parameter for the success of the dental fiber posts in the modulus of elasticity (Young’s Modulus). This is an inherent property of a material that does not vary with the dimension. A number of studies have proven that use of combination post/core materials that have Young’s modulus close to that of dentin, eliminates root fractures. A number of long term studies support this and confirm the success of dental fiber posts market.
Dental fiber posts made of carbon fiber are relatively easy to remove with a burr or and an ultrasonic instrument. The dental fiber posts made of quartz fiber are relatively new in the dental fiber posts market. These are also easy to remove. Although the quartz dental fiber posts show short term success, they are relatively new to the market and long term efficacy needs to be assessed to prove their long term success in the dental fiber posts market.
Dental fiber posts Market: Drivers and Restraints
The trend of endodontically treated teeth being restored using dental fiber posts is rising over the years. This is primarily due to the safety, ease of removal, aesthetic appeal, tooth conservation and improved fracture resistance to the compromised teeth. These advantages of fiber posts over the metal posts offer the dental fiber posts market to slowly takeover the metal posts market. These advantages are the primary driving force for the growth of the dental fiber posts market. However, lack of awareness, low dental insurance, rising out-of-pocket payment for dental services could hinder the dental fiber post market during the forecast period.
Dental fiber posts Market: Overview
The dental fiber posts market is expected to continue growing owing to the high adoption rate by dentists across the world. Tapered dental fiber posts is the leading segment due to a number of design advantages over the parallel dental fiber posts. However, advancements in technology have led to the development of a number combination products. Some these products are made of bundles of fibers combine together to form a flexible dental fiber post (combination type) so as to fit into irregular root spaces easily. Other combination products are designed such that they are parallel at one end and tapered on the other so the dentist can choose to use either side based on the shape of the root space and size. Thus these combination type of dental fiber posts are expected to have a higher adoption and growth rate than the tapered dental fiber posts.
Dental fiber posts Market: Regional Outlook
With availability and awareness of dental insurance in North America and Europe, the regions are expected to hold the maximum share in the dental fiber posts market. However with the increase in number of dental caries cases in the APAC region and significant rise in number of dental clinics, the APAC market for dental fiber posts will grow at a significantly high growth rate. Growing size of patient pool in the APAC region is also supporting the robust growth of the dental fiber posts market in the region.
Dental fiber posts Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the dental fiber posts market include, Harald Nordin SA, 3M Company, Abrasive Technology, Inc., Dentsply Sirona, Angelus Indústria de Produtos Odontológicos S/A, COLTENE Group, VOCO GmbH, Dentatus, Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Ultradent Products Inc., DMG America, FGM Produtos Odontológicos, Brasseler USA, among others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Dental fiber posts Market Segments
- Dental fiber posts Market Dynamics
- Dental fiber posts Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Dental Fiber Posts Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Dental fiber posts Market: Segmentation
The global dental fiber posts market is segmented by product type, material, end user and region:
Based on material, the global dental fiber posts market is segmented into:
- Fiberglass posts
- Carbon fiber posts
Based on product type, the global dental fiber posts market is segmented into:
- Tapered fiber posts
- Parallel fiber posts
Based on the end user, the global dental fiber posts market is segmented into:
- Dental Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Dental Fiber Posts Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Dental Fiber Posts Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Dental Fiber Posts Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Dental Fiber Posts Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)