This Face Shield market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Face Shield market.
The world is in the thick of combating a global pandemic that is currently subject to temporary lockdown in several countries owing to the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The global population has witnessed disruption in shortage of fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), food supplies, and essential commodities along with an increase in the demand for certain healthcare and medical products, such as high flow ventilators and face shields over the last few weeks.
In this unprecedented time of crisis, government authorities across the world are implementing remedies for economic and social succor on an evolvingbasis. The pandemic has witnessed companies across every landscape robustly supporting and offering their resources to governments and hospitals. This is being done to obviate the shortages owing to deficit in regional production on account of import restrictions on medical products and reduced delivery slots by e-commerce retailers.
Researchers are anticipating that the situation might get worse in the coming few weeks as coronavirus is spreading rapidly in almost every country. Access to personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face shields is severely limited and testing remains inadequate. Healthcare professionals have mandated the use face shields while attending to COVID-19 patients. Face shields along with other PPE such as protective gowns and examination gloves are helping keep nurses and doctors safe at the time of treating patients with this disease.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Companies Race to Ramp up Manufacturing
With the recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for medical professionals to wear N95 masks, the demand for face shields is surging as they are being used as filtration for tiny droplets and airborne particles. Owing to this, companies are supporting hospitals by ramping up face shield production and making it accessible. For instance:
- In March 2020, Toyota Motor Corp. transformed its manufacturing facilities in the U.S to manufacture face shields and masks and this Japanese automaker is closing in on deals with the medical-device manufacturers to help them bolster their production.
- In March 2020, Ford Motor Co. has collaborated with General Electric Co. and 3M Co in order to make medical equipment such as ventilators to support hospitals in North America. Furthermore, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV and Tesla Inc.are contributing immenselyby donating masks and ventilatorsto U.S. health workers.
Demand for Face Shields to Outstrip Production, as COVID-19 Cases Spike
The supply of face shields in many countries is plummeting with a rapid increase in the number of coronavirus patients. Due to the shortage of face shields in hospitals, many ER physicians have started toproduce medical gear with off-the-shelf materials: marine-grade vinyl, foam & elastic, and industrial tape.
Countries such as Italy, Spain, and the U.S. are unable to fulfill the demand for certain medical gear. Further, the Defense Production Act has been implemented in the U.S that helps in monitoring the flow of safety equipment reaching customers. In addition, it will allow the federal government to send out some masks and other PPE from Strategic National Stockpile to respective hospitals.
Companies Race to keep up with Demand for Healthcare PPE Using 3D Printing
With a rapid increase in the demand for protective equipment, especially in areas hit hardby the virus, many companies have come ahead to support the medical centers and healthcare workers.In March 2020, the University of Northern Colorado researcherslargely contributed to the efforts to fill up the demand and supply gap of face shields. The researchers are nowusing 3D printers to develop the bottom part of the face shield that easily holds clear plastic in a curve to protect the face.
The university has started taking orders for face shields from a few of the local hospitals, thereby, resulting in the faster manufacturing of face shields. Moreover, Northwestern University researchers have demonstrated the ability to produce 1,000 components for face shields per day with the help of 3D printer. 3D printing technology is successfully supporting the healthcare sectors in meeting the demands of the doctors and nurses to help the world get over thispandemic.
Face Shields Find Prominence in Healthcare Sector
Face shields are being frequently used in myriad medical applications along with the mining industry. In most of the countries, the government has made it mandatory for the miners to wear protective goggles and face shields depending upon the operations performed.
Furthermore, face shields have gained traction in the defense and construction sector. Ballistic face shield comprises of heavy-duty thermoplastic resin and polycarbonate materials that are commonly used bypolicemen during riots. Other specialty face guards are often used in welding applications to protect the face from being affected by sparks, optical radiation, and intense heat.
Competitive Landscape Analysis: Face Shield Market
Mahindra and Mahindra is anIndian multinational leader in car manufacturing. In March 2020, the company announced production of face shield masks for healthcare professionals such as doctors, nurses, support staff, and medical attendants. The company has sourced the design of the face shields from its partner- Ford Motor Company. Mahindra and Mahindra will manufacture 500 units at its Mumbai plant.
Mahindra and Mahindra has also collaborated with suppliers such as Krishna Maruti Ltd and Bharat Seats Ltd to help in the production of protective clothing and masks for the central and state government employees.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Face Shield Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Report Highlights: Global Face Shield Market
By End-use Industry
Report Highlights: Global Face Shield Market
- An in-depth overview of parent market, covering PPE markets and the face shield market
- An overview of evolving market dynamics in the face shield industry
- Detailed segmentation of face shield market
- Historical, current, and prospective examination of market size in terms of value and volume
- Recent developments and influential trends in face shield
- Opportunity assessment of face shield market
- Competitive landscape analysis of face shield marketplace
- Key player developments in recent times to treat COVID-19 patients
- Niche and potential segments in face shield market that reflect promising immediate opportunities
- A neutral perspective on the entire market performance
- Must-have insights for existing and potential face shield market players
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Face Shield Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Face Shield Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Face Shield Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Face Shield Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.