Outlook for the Flavour Modulators Market
Flavour modulators are food ingredients that help mask the taste, aroma, and feel of the finished product in order to make it tasty and flavourful. Flavour modulators are gaining traction from consumers belonging to different age groups. However, these aren’t a new concept. Flavour modulators such as vanilla, have been used for many years now. In the beer industry, maltsters have been using malts incorporated with certain hops to mask the end note of the beer and enhance the character. In accordance with the current need in the food industry, many manufacturers are introducing flavour modulators with various certifications such as Kosher, Halal, non-GMO, all-natural, clean label, etc.
The Demand from the Food and Beverages Industry Driving the Flavour Modulators Market
The flavour modulators market is mainly driven by the food and beverages industry owing to the applications in various areas such as bakery, dairy, food processing, and beverages. The increasing population is a major factor that is supporting the expansion of the food and beverages industry.
The demand for flavour modulators in the food and beverages industry is increasing due to the increased preference for healthy food products with low sugar and fat content. With the addition of sweet flavour modulators, customers can enjoy the sweetness of the product without actually consuming sugar. Increasing health concerns in western countries such as Europe and America, are driving the use of flavour modulators in processed food products.
Besides the food and beverages industry, the market for flavour modulators is driven by the growing dietary supplements market. Dietary supplements are packed with nutritious elements such as proteins and vitamins, which tend to produce a foul and astringent odor in the end product. In order to mask such flavours of the end product, manufacturers use flavour modulators. The market for dietary supplements is increasing at a rapid rate in western countries. However, it is in an introductory phase in the Asia Pacific.
Global Flavour Modulators Market: Key players
DSM, Cargill Inc., ADM Company, DuPont, Ingredion Incorporated, Kerry Plc., McCormick Flavour Solutions, The Flavour Factory, GLG Life Tech, Sensient Pharmaceutical, Givaudan Flavours, and Symrise AG are some of the key manufacturers in the flavour modulators market.
Global Flavour Modulators Market: Key Developments
On September 8, 2014, Sensient Flavours LLC introduced an all-natural line of products, Smoothenol 2G®. The products are enhanced with a solution to mask bitterness, stringency, and off-notes in the food by enhancing the flavour. The technology is one of its kind as this type of solution is not offered by a single molecule or ingredient.
On 15th March 2017, a major supplier and manufacturer of stevia, GLG Life Tech partnered with the International Flavours and Fragrances (IFF) in order to extract and supply the flavour modulator Rebaudioside C. This partnership will combine the excellence of GLG Life Tech in separation of steviol glycoside and production capabilities and innovative capabilities of IFF.
On 27th November 201, DSM a Dutch food specialist, introduced novel and innovative flavour modulator ModuMax, which is clean-label, natural, and also allergen-free. The product also has certifications like non-GMO, Vegan, Kosher, and Halal.
Global Flavour Modulators Market: Opportunity
The flavour modulators market is expected to be occupied predominantly by North American and European countries due to well-established food and beverages industry with a vast network of distribution channels. Manufacturers of food and beverages are tapping into the current consumer need for healthy and nutritious food products with no sugar, low-sugar, or low-fat options. In terms of the growth scenario, the Asia Pacific region, as well as the Middle East and Africa, are likely to project a prominent growth rate in the flavour modulators market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the flavour modulators market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Flavour Modulators Market Segments
- Flavour Modulators Market Dynamics
- Flavour Modulators Market Size
- Flavour Modulators Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Flavour Modulators Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Flavour Modulators Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Flavour Modulators
- Value Chain Analysis of the Flavour Modulators Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Flavour Modulators Market: Segmentation
Flavour modulators market segmentation on the basis of type:
- Sweet Flavour Modulators
- Salt Flavour Modulators
- Fat Flavour Modulators
Flavour modulators market segmentation on the basis of the form:
Flavour modulators market segmentation on the basis of end use:
- Food and Beverages
- Confectionery and Bakery
- Dairy Products
- Food Processing
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the flavour modulators market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the flavour modulators market
- Competitive landscape of the flavour modulators market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on flavour modulators market performance
- Must-have information for flavour modulators market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.