This Food Grade Ammonium Carbonate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Food Grade Ammonium Carbonate market.
Food Grade Ammonium Carbonate Market – Introduction
Food grade ammonium carbonate is also known as Baker's Ammonia or hartshorn salt. Ammonium carbonate is a leavening ingredient that is widely used in various old fashioned recipes as it instantly degrades to carbon dioxide and gaseous ammonia upon heating. Consequently, the salt witnesses a range of applications as a leavening agent as well as a smelling salt in the food industry. The increasing adoption of food grade ammonium carbonate in bakery sector can be attributed to its ability to make extra-crisp crackers or cookies. Unlike baking soda or powder, food grade ammonium carbonate does not leave behind any alkaline off-flavor in final baked goods. However, the use of food grade ammonium carbonate is limited to small goods only, as the ammonia gas fails to evaporate from cakes or other large items.
Some of the leading players operating in food grade ammonium carbonate market are ECSA Chemicals, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Avantor, BASF, Sandvik Materials Technology, TCC, AMRESCO, and Honeywell. Amid the growing competition in the good grade ammonium carbonate market, manufacturers are increasing focusing on expanding their business through strategic partnerships. Several manufacturers have been creating awareness about the benefits of food grade ammonium carbonate as a leavening agent over the highly used baking powder and soda. Such growing strategic initiatives by stakeholders are likely to alter the food grade ammonium carbonate market in a positive way.
Unique Benefits of Food Grade Ammonium Carbonate as Leavening Agent Fueling Market Growth
With the demand for well baked, and crisp goods with extended shelf life growing at a fast pace, manufacturers in the baking industry are increasingly adopting food grade ammonium carbonate as a leavening agent. This growing adoption of food grade ammonium carbonate can be attributed to the various unique advantages of baking ammonia over other chemical leavening agents for baking some specific kinds of cookies. As baking ammonia increases the pH level in cookies, it weakens the gluten in the final goods. Food grade ammonium carbonate when used as a leavening agent, it creates a finished product that has more spread and tenderness while forming coarser, more-open crumb that instantly dries to a crisp. Furthermore, the use of food grade ammonium carbonate result into crispness that stays longer as compared to using other leavening agents. Moreover, as food grade ammonium carbonate is not very reactive at room temperature, it has impressive good bench tolerance, which makes it highly suitable for stored cookie dough. Consequently, manufacturers in baking industry are significantly leveraging food grade ammonium carbonate in products that demand impressive crispness and shelf life.
Food Grade Ammonium Carbonate-Associated Storage Issues Impeding Market Growth
Food grade ammonium carbonate has been witnessing growing adoption in baking goods, however, the storage issues pertaining to this leavening agent is hindering its uptake. As baking ammonia has a tendency to evaporate upon air exposure, it needs to be stored in an airtight container. This storage issue has the potential to create challenges for stakeholders, and can limit the growth in food grade ammonium carbonate market.
Hazardous Side of Ammonium Carbonate Restricting Sales
Despite numerous beneficial applications of ammonium carbonate, the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) classify it as a hazardous substance. When inhaled, ammonium carbonate can cause coughing or shortness of breath by irritating the throat, lungs, and nose. In severe cases inhalation leads to chemical bronchitis, or swells up the air passages. Consequently, ammonium carbonate isn’t suitable for individuals with preexisting lung disease, due to increased susceptibility to its harmful health effects. With consumers increasingly becoming stringent about the food ingredients they are consuming, health concerns associated with ammonium carbonate is likely to limit its uptake.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global food grade ammonium carbonate market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with food grade ammonium carbonate market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on food grade ammonium carbonate market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Food Grade Ammonium Carbonate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Food Grade Ammonium Carbonate Market – Segmentation
Based on forms, the food grade ammonium carbonate market is segmented into:
Based on applications, the food grade ammonium carbonate market is segmented into:
- Dry cookies.
- A detailed overview of food grade ammonium carbonate parent market
- Changing food grade ammonium carbonate market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth food grade ammonium carbonate market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected food grade ammonium carbonate market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in food grade ammonium carbonate market
- Competitive landscape of the food grade ammonium carbonate market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth in food grade ammonium carbonate market
- A neutral perspective on food grade ammonium carbonate market performance
- Must-have information for food grade ammonium carbonate market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Food Grade Ammonium Carbonate Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Food Grade Ammonium Carbonate Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Food Grade Ammonium Carbonate Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Food Grade Ammonium Carbonate Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)