Food enzymes are complex ingredients used in food processing for several purposes, such as the enhancement of food nutritive value, the addition of flavor, and the control of food appearance and texture. It can also be used in the preservation of food.
Food processing industries like the baking industry, brewing, and fruit juice industry are currently the largest user of food enzymes. These industries hold about 40% of the USD 400 million markets.
Increasing Applications in Food and Beverage Products
The food and beverage industry is the largest market, where food enzymes services are employed globally. Enzymes are applied virtually on all the products manufactured in this industry. Also, enzymes are substitutes for some chemical additives like potassium bromates that have been banned in so many countries.
Consumers' love for convenience food has increased the demand for food and beverage products such as alcohol, cakes, bread, pastries, and doughnuts that require the application of food enzymes in their production.
Food Enzymes Market Restraint
The food enzymes market growth is hampered by some abiotic factors such as pH stability and temperature, which often alter the biochemical reactions that enhance the quality of food and beverages.
Also, consumers are forced to reduce the consumption of foods in which food enzymes are applied due to the increasing awareness regarding the negative impact of foods containing food enzymes. The European Union has created a guideline to regulate the usage of food enzymes in the food and beverage sector.
Food Enzymes Market: Region-wise Analysis
Europe and North America regions are currently the market leaders. However, Asia Pacific is expected to take over the market due to the increase in demand for food enzymes in the region.
Countries such as India, China, and Australia in the Asia Pacific region are prominent drivers of the food enzymes market owing to the changing consumer lifestyle. In Australia, the demand for food enzymes is on the rise due to the restriction in the use of chemical additives usage in Bakery products.
Food Enzymes Market: Competitive Landscape
- Associated British Foods Plc. (ABF)
- Advanced Enzyme Technologies
- Amano Enzyme Co., Ltd
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- Kerry Group
- Royal DSM N.V
- Aum Enzymes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Food Enzymes Market Segment Analysis
The global food enzymes market can be segmented on the following basis:
- Bakery Products
- Dairy Products
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.