This Food Texturing Agents market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Food Texturing Agents market.
Food Texturing agents are food additives which are chemical substances, basically used to change the texture or mouthfeel of the food by providing it with the characteristics such as creaminess, thickness and viscosity. They also play a key role in increasing shelf life of the product by giving it a stable structure. Main texturing agents include Emulsifiers, stabilisers, phosphates and dough conditioners.
Texturing agents are majorly used in industries like Dairy & Frozen food, Baker Items, Snacks & Savory, Beverages and Meat & Poultry products.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Segmentation of Global Market of Texturing Agents
Segmentation on basis of functionality:
Depending on the functionality, texturing agents are classified as Emulsifiers, Phosphates, Stabilisers and Dough Conditioners.
Emulsifiers are used in food products where there is a need to allow flavours and oils to disperse through the food items. These type of texturing agents prevent deterioration and evaporation of volatile flavoured oils.
Phosphates are used as texturing agents to modify the texture of food products containing protein and starch, as the phosphates react with the protein or starch contents of these products to bring upon a change in water holding capacity of the constituent components.
Stabilisers, such as natural gum, are used to provide the required texture in several liquid or semi-liquid food products like ice-cream.
Segmentation on basis of applications:
Texturing agents can be segmented on the basis of applications into - Dairy & Frozen food, Bakery Items, Snacks & Savory, Beverages and Meat & Poultry products.
Bakery and confectionery items dominate the market segmented in the application sector, due to their high consumption volumes.
The demand of texturing agents is growing at a healthy rate in other industries such as meat & poultry, dairy & frozen food, convenience food products and beverages owing to increasing demand of processed food and palatability of food among people.
Key players in the these industries are replacing their old product lines, such as liquid milk, bread chocolate, ice cream and with their substitutes, due to their better functional potential, in order to drive the sales. Sauces & dressings is another major segment expected to witness healthy growth rates in the future.
Segmentation on basis of regions:
Global market of Food Texturing agents is sub-segmented into 7 key regions- North America, Latin America, East Europe, West Europe, Asia Pacific excluding japan and Middle East & Africa.
Global market of texturing agents is dominated by developed economies like North America followed by Europe due to the well-established food processing industry. With a steady growth in economies in developing markets and growing disposable income of people in these regions, demand for processed foods is increasing rapidly.
Asia – Pacific is considered to be the fastest growing market and is expected to experience an exponential growth rate during the forecast period, with developing economies such as China commanding over the major market share. Chinese market is offering incredible opportunities as they have abundant amount of raw materials and wide availability of cheap labor. Moreover, Economic surges in India and China have led to the growth of affluent urban populations creating a bigger market.
Additionally, Asia also provides the cost advantage in terms of production and processing. High demand coupled with low cost of production is a major driving factor aiding the texturing agent suppliers. Setup of various distribution centers for texturing agents is expected in upcoming years in Asia-Pacific owing to increasing demands.
Eastern Europe and South American regions are also expected to pull the market with a higher growth rate during the forecast period.
Drivers and Restraints
Rising disposable income of the consumers in the developing regions and consumer-driven demand for processed foods in Meat & poultry, bakery, dairy & frozen food and convenience foods coupled with their multiple benefits in functionality, are the key factors driving the market of texturing agents globally. The disposable income of the consumers residing in countries such as, Brazil, India, China and various other countries is fuelling the growth of the food texture market.
However, the factors such as increased risk of heart disease due to added sodium and trans fat in processed foods, loss of valuable nutrients which cannot be added back through enrichment and fortification, increase in the risk of high cholesterol due to consuming refined grains found in processed foods, addition of extra sugar involved in food texturing, are hampering the growth of production volumes.
Major Key players in the global market of Food Texturing agents are – Ajinomoto Co. Inc., Cargill Inc., E.I Dupont De Nemours & company, Fiberstar Inc., Kerry Group, Archer Daniels Midland Co., Tate & Lyle Inc., Penford Corp., etc.
With the continuous improvisations in their sales strategies and new product formulations, these companies are trying to penetrate further in the global market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market applications and product type.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Food Texturing Agents Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- Greater China
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Food Texturing Agents Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Food Texturing Agents Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Food Texturing Agents Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Food Texturing Agents Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)