This High Barrier Film Packaging market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving High Barrier Film Packaging market.
Hectic routine and the resulting convenience products requirement, along with the microwave cooking popularity has contributed to rising use of microwave-able retort ready meals packed in stand-up pouches and trays.
Flexible packaging solutions including, retort pouches, reseal able zippers, and spouts are replacing rigid pack designs, such as glass jars and metal tins. Customers’ growing requirement for product safety and convenience are encouraging increment in high-barrier packaging films demand. The global market will expand at a steady CAGR by the end of the forecast period.
High Barrier Film Packaging Market – Key Developments and Trends
Manufacturers are developing high barrier packaging films, especially for shelf-ready products, that offer ease of peel. For instance, Schur Flexibles Holding provides advanced high barrier packaging films for case-ready and processed products.
EVOH-derived shrink films are majorly preferred material, as they offer excellent protection from UV rays and extreme temperatures.
Manufactures all over the world are shifting to innovative packaging methods such as Modified Atmospheric Packaging (MAP), Aseptic Packaging, and Vacuum Skin Packaging, owing to greater benefits compared to traditional packaging methods.
Moreover, they are creating their proprietary packaging solutions such as Besela barrier film technologies that incorporate modified Poly Acrylic Acid(PAA) coating on PET base films.
Customer’s requirement for food with high quality and a longer shelf life has prompted the growth of progressively advanced multilayer film structures.
Reprocessing multi-material structures is an existing problem, as these are hard to isolate with the equipment installed in present-day materials recovery facilities (MRF). Conversely, new solutions are getting commercially accessible for reprocessing multilayer films.
High Barrier Film Packaging Market – Growth Restraints
While these packaging films have high application scope in pharmaceutical packaging and food & beverage packaging, the plastic waste generated worldwide has compelled governments in several nations to ban usage of plastic films.
Globally, about 348 million tons of plastic is produced, of which, merely 10% is goes to recycling plants. Moreover, recycling of high barrier film packaging is cost-intensive and complicated, thus, narrowing the profit margins of manufacturers.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has raised concerns regarding hygiene and safety of food products and drugs. Although for the short term, the sustainability aspect of various packaging companies is receiving a lower priority.
The pandemic is bringing back the single-use plastic packaging to the forefront due to their better hygiene measure, however, outweighing concerns about recyclability and plastic-waste leakage into the oceans and lands.
As such, players in high barrier film packaging are rethinking sustainability along with hygiene and consumers’ safety concerns. Choice of materials and packaging designs are expected to have a measurable impact on the high barrier film packaging market amid the pandemic.
High Barrier Film Packaging Market – Region-wise Analysis
Europe and North America would remain at the driver’s seat in the high barrier film packaging market, based on manufacturing capacity and demand. Evolving trends such as on-the-go flexibility and at-home usage are fueling the demand for packaged foods and beverages in both the regions.
Presence of well-established digital ecosystem continues to attract stakeholders. Furthermore, the flexible packaging industries in North America and Europe are outpacing the rigid packaging market, given rising concerns regarding ecological burden.
Moving ahead, the high barrier film packaging market in Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to witness rapid, owing to surging consumption of ready-to-eat (RTE) food products.
High Barrier Film Packaging Market: Competitive Analysis
Market players are aggressively focusing on enhancing their global footprint by mergers & acquisitions (M&A), and enhancing product portfolios.
- In order to boost its ability to develop eco-friendly, clean, safe liners, Mondi PLC has set up its new unit in Styria to develop high-barrier, side-folded tubes for FIBCs. This further enables the company to make these films in several structures, from PE/EVOH to seven-layered PE/PA/EVOH, and PE to PE/PA structures.
- Amcor has developed AmLite Ultra Recyclable prepared from more sustainable high-barrier polyolefin film. The new films package a variety of food, pharmaceutical, and home, and personal care products, and are able to be reprocessed in existing polyolefin recycling streams.
- Huhtamaki has begun its flexible packaging production in Egypt. The investment marks its entrance into the production of flexible packaging in Africa. Additionally, the manufactured products will be exported to Europe and other African nations.
Major companies in the global market are
- Bemis Company, Inc.
- Amcor Limited (Australia)
- American Pouch
- Ampac Oliver-Tolas
- Sealed Air
- Flair Flexible
- HPM Global, Inc.
- Constantia Flexibles
- Winpak Limited
- Janco Inc.
- Wipak Group Dupont
- BERNHARDT Packaging
Other prominent companies include 3D Packaging, Sonoco, Prairie State Group, Perlen Packaging, Shako Flexipack, and ClearBags,.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key High Barrier Film Packaging Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
High Barrier Film Packaging Market – Segment Analysis
The global market is segment on the following basis:
- Polymer Nano Composites
- Multi-layer film
- Besela barrier film
- Sustainable barrier coatings
- Melamine-based barrier coatings
- Biaxial oriented polypropylene
- Cast polypropylene
- Biaxial oriented polyethylene terephthalate
- Biaxial oriented polyamide
- Transparent high barrier films
- Low-density polyethylene
- Linear low-density polyethylene
- Polyvinyl chloride
- Metalized films
- Ethylene vinyl alcohol
- Polyvinyidene chloride
- Cyclic olefin copolymer
- Polyvinyl alcohol
- Silicon oxide, and aluminium oxide
- Nylon (cast and biax) and vinyl
By Product Type
- Pouches & bags
- Tray lidding film
- Wrapping film
- Stand-up pouches
- Forming webs
- Blister packs
- Food & beverage
- Pharmaceutical & medical
- Personal care & cosmetics
- Other applications
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from High Barrier Film Packaging Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying High Barrier Film Packaging Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the High Barrier Film Packaging Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the High Barrier Film Packaging Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)