This Industrial Sodium Chloride market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Industrial Sodium Chloride market.
Sodium chloride, commonly known as salt, occurs in the form of cubic crystals and is used in large quantities across various industrial applications. Most of the sodium chloride globally produced is used in chemical industry, manufacturing and for other industrial applications such as eliminating ice and snow from roads, water softening, stabilizing soils, etc. Only a small fraction of it goes for food industry, which is omitted from the scope of this report. Significant demand for industrial sodium chloride comes from chlor-alkali industry for its consumption as a primary feedstock in these industries. The earliest technique used for the production of sodium chloride was the evaporation of seawater by sun-heat, which is majorly suited for hot and dry regions near salty lakes or the ocean. Sea water is considered as an unlimited source for sodium chloride production, but the differentiation in favorable soil and weather conditions affects its commercial production along the coastline. With a large presence of regional as well as global players, industrial sodium chloride market is estimated to be highly competitive and fragmented.
Global Industrial Sodium Chloride Market Dynamics
Increasing demand for chlor-alkali, e.g. consumption of chlorine in ethylene dichloride production, etc., is one of the leading factors driving growth of industrial sodium chloride market globally. Low-cost and simplicity of the solar evaporation production process is also one of the major factors affecting growth of this market from the supply side.
The annual demand for industrial sodium chloride is also impacted by business cycles of its end-use industries as well as climatic conditions. For its bulk use in chemical processing industry, sodium chloride production, in many instances, is vertically integrated with other downstream production such as in case of chlor-alkali industry. Since, sodium chloride is easily available in most regions of the world, large distance trade is expected to be very unlikely due to its lower costs.
Global Industrial Sodium Chloride Market Segmentation
Global industrial sodium chloride market can be segmented on the basis of end-use and production source. On the basis of end-use, global industrial sodium chloride market is segmented into the oil field, pharmaceutical, water treatment, textile, chemical processing, de-icing, agriculture and other industrial. On the basis of production source, global industrial sodium chloride market is segmented into seawater, rock mines and brine solution.
Global Industrial Sodium Chloride Market: Regional Outlook
On a regional basis, global industrial sodium chloride market is segmented into seven key regions, namely, North America, Latin America, Middle East & Africa (MEA), Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Japan. APEJ, followed by North America, is expected to be the largest market for industrial sodium chloride. Chemical processing industry is expected to hold disproportionately large shares in the APEJ industrial sodium chloride market. APEJ is also expected to be the fastest growing region in the global industrial sodium chloride market due to high demand growth for chemical processing industry. Significant demand in North America is expected to come from its application as a deicing agent, which highly depends upon the climatic conditions of the region.
Global Industrial Sodium Chloride Market: Key players
Some of the major players involved in the production of industrial sodium chloride include China National Salt Industry Corporation (CNSIC), Cargill, Incorporated, The Dow Chemical Company, K+S AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT, ICL Fertilizers, The Henrique Lage Salineira do Nordeste, Dominion Salt, Tata Chemicals Ltd., Maldon Crystal Salt Co., Akzo Nobel N.V. and others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Supply & Demand
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Manufacturing Technology
- Market Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Benelux)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Industrial Sodium Chloride Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Industrial Sodium Chloride Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Industrial Sodium Chloride Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Industrial Sodium Chloride Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Industrial Sodium Chloride Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Industrial Sodium Chloride Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.