This Moderate To Severe Acne Therapeutics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Moderate To Severe Acne Therapeutics market.
Moderate-to-Severe Acne Therapeutics: Market Insights
Acne Vulgaris is listed as one of the most common inflammatory disease among different types of skin disorders. Acne is also defined as a chronic inflammatory disease of pilosebaceous units that usually affects adolescents. The successful diagnosis and treatment of acne require thorough understanding of acne pathogenesis and availability of new therapeutic modalities - moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics. Introduction of new therapeutic treatments to treat moderate-to-severe acne added as a catalyst to revenue growth in moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market. Depending on the severity of acne, acne might lead to emotional distress and skin scarring. Effective acne treatments are available based on the acne severity. Acne is graded into four severity grades – mild acne, moderate acne, moderately severe, and severe acne. The moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics is indicated to reduce the severity of acne and lower recurrences of skin lesions. Treatment of moderate-to-severe acne depends on the severity of acne, age of the patient, the treatment preferences coupled with response and patient’s adherence to previous therapy.
At present, approximately 20% of the acne patients experience moderate to severe acne over globe in comparison with moderate acne, thus increasing demand for moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics. Growing need to have qualitative modern treatment therapies under moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics used to effectively treat acne patients plays a fundamental role in driving the revenue generation in moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market. Despite the significant prevalence and high impact of moderate-to-severe acne, the availability of therapeutic options is limited for the patients owing to presence of stringent acne management guidelines and medication regulation. In order to serve the rising demand driven by newly established distribution agreements for moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics in U.S., leading manufacturers are focused to ramp up their manufacturing operations in the country.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics are commercially available in different administrative modes majorly oral, topical and injectable. The moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics have registered high revenue in moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market owing to high global prevalence of acne and rising disposable income of the consumers. Some of the significant type of treatments offered for moderate-to-severe acne includes antimicrobials/antibiotics, retinoid, systemic isotretinoin, along with hormonal therapy, combination therapy, photodynamic therapy and others. The major potential distribution channels for the moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market, where it can be easily accessible when prescribed by doctors and generate significant revenues, include hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, drugstores, e-commerce and others.
Moderate-to-Severe Acne Therapeutics: Market Dynamics
Growing prevalence of moderate-to-severe acne over the globe is expected to generate high demand for moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics across the globe and is expected to be the key factor driving growth of moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market. Increasing adoption of innovative acne treatment therapies such as photodynamic therapy and laser therapy has led to further revenue generation in moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market. Current therapeutic treatment for moderate-to-severe acne principally relies on isotretinoin and systemic medications, that includes antibiotics primarily tetracycline. The combination therapy including either topical retinoid and topical antibiotic and antimicrobial and benzoyl peroxide are more preferred over the systemic therapies. As per statistics released by American Academy of Dermatology, approximately 50 million people in the U.S. have acne. Out of these 50 million cases, around 15% population have moderate-to-severe acne that results in scarring on the skin. Thus the need for acne treatment is increasing at a rapid rate that is further expected to surge the demand for moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics in the country. Thus, the demand for moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics has registered an upsurge, thereby generating more revenues in moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market. However, the safety issues associated with the anti-acne drugs such as complications in pregnancy, adverse effects of retinoid such as skin irritation and dryness restrains the moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market growth.
Moderate-to-Severe Acne Therapeutics Market: Overview
Based on treatment type, antimicrobials/antibiotics segment register the highest revenue share due to easy availability and high uptake of antibiotic treatment in the moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market on the account of better results obtained by antibiotic therapy when compared to others. Retinoid followed by combination therapy is further anticipated to be the most lucrative segment in moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market. Rising prevalence of chronic inflammatory skin disorder - acne necessitates the increased production of moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics, thus elevating the revenue generation in moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market over the globe. Preference for topical treatment is more as compared to oral mode of therapeutic administration. Also, the strong foothold of moderate-to-severe acne therapeutic manufacturers and distributors for acne management coupled with rising demand for these products is further expected to drive the revenue generation in global moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market.
Moderate-to-Severe Acne Therapeutics Market: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, global moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market is segmented into seven key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to hold largest revenue shares in the global moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market primarily due to increasing prevalence of acne in the U.S. valued at 20.0% prevalence for moderate-to-severe acne. The enhanced healthcare infrastructure and increased R&D expenditure for production of generics against acne is further anticipated to drive revenue generation in the region. Western Europe followed by Asia Pacific is expected to be the second dominating region in global moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market worldwide on the account of increased awareness among people regarding acne treatment.
Moderate-to-Severe Acne Therapeutics Market: Key Players
Some of the key players present in global moderate-to-severe acne therapeutics market are Allergan plc, Galderma Laboratories, Valeant Pharmaceutical International Inc., Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc., Bayer AG and others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Moderate To Severe Acne Therapeutics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Moderate-to-Severe Acne Therapeutics Market: Segmentation
The global Moderate-to-Severe Acne Therapeutics market is segmented by treatment type, mode of administration and distribution channel:
Segmentation by Treatment Type
- Systemic isotretinoin
- Hormonal Therapy
- Combination Therapy
- Topical retinoid and topical antimicrobial
- Antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide
- Photodynamic Therapy
Segmentation by Mode of Administration
Segmentation by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Moderate To Severe Acne Therapeutics Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Moderate To Severe Acne Therapeutics Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Moderate To Severe Acne Therapeutics Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Moderate To Severe Acne Therapeutics Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)