This No 2 Diesel Fuel market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving No 2 Diesel Fuel market.
After the advent of the internal combustion engine in the late eighteen century, diesel, as a fuel, witnessed momentum in demand as it was the most suitable alternative for the traditional fuel i.e. coal dust. Later, during World War II, diesel passenger cars began gaining traction in Europe and North America. These days, diesel engines are used in several applications, such as transportation, power generation, construction and manufacturing, among others. Across the globe, around 37% of vehicle parc is accounted for by the diesel engine and almost all heavy vehicles use diesel engines. Thus, diesel, as a fuel, has become integral to the working of the world economy. Based on fractional temperature and specification, diesel fuel is categorized into three different types -- No.1, No.2. and No.4 diesel fuel. Among all the types, No.2 diesel fuel is prevalently used in automobiles, trucks and railroad locomotives, among others.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Growing vehicle parc across the globe is a major factor that will drive the no.2. diesel fuel market. Also, increasing awareness about the use of high performance fuels and increasing per capita spending will provide momentum to the growth in demand for no.2. diesel fuel. In developed and developing regions, substantial growth of the transportation industry -- wherein trucks play an indispensable role – will push the demand for diesel fuel during the forecast period. Moreover, increasing use of fuel additives to improve fuel performance will further provide impetus to the growth of the market. Increasing demand for portable power engines across the globe wherein diesel fuel is predominantly used for power generation will also, in turn, help to drive the market. Also, less price of no.2 diesel fuel as compared to no.1 diesel fuel will help to drive the market. A part from this, in cold places, use of no.2 diesel fuel causes problems as the engine does not start due to the formation of a thickened gel at low temperatures.
North America and Europe are expected to dominate the market over the forecast period. Strict regulatory guidelines over fuel characteristics in these regions are expected to be a major reason expected to drive the market. However, various European government initiatives to make 10% use of biofuel in the transportation sector may hamper the growth of diesel fuel market during the second half of the forecast period. Upcoming new refining projects in the Asia pacific region to cater to the increasing demand for diesel fuel owing to the significant growth of the industrial sector, infrastructural developments and increasing urbanization will help to drive the market over the forecast period. Also, Latin America and Middle East & Africa region are expected to register healthy CAGR over the forecast period.
Examples of some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the global No.2. Diesel Fuel market are ExxonMobil Corporation, B.P. Plc., Royal Dutch Shell plc., Chevron Corporation, Compañía Española de Petróleos (CEPSA), PetroChina Company Limited, Sinopec Corp. and Petro-Canada Corporation, among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global conductive fluted sheets market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with conductive fluted sheets market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on conductive fluted sheets market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key No 2 Diesel Fuel Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of sulfur content, the global No.2. diesel fuel market is segmented into:
- High Sulfur diesel fuel (> 500 ppm)
- Low Sulfur diesel Fuel (15 – 500 ppm)
- Ultra Low Sulfur diesel Fuel (< 15 ppm)
On the basis of application, the global No.2. diesel fuel market is segmented into:
- On road
- Off Road
- Marine shipping
- Electric power generation
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing conductive fluted sheets market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth conductive fluted sheets market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected conductive fluted sheets market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in conductive fluted sheets market
- Competitive landscape of the conductive fluted sheets market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on conductive fluted sheets market performance
- Must-have information for conductive fluted sheets market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint