This Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs Pipeline market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs Pipeline market.
Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs Pipeline Analysis 2017
Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is a rare disease of liver characterized by buildup of fat in the liver. Prevalence of Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis is increasing parallel to prevalence of obesity across the globe. Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis is caused by insulin resistance and accumulation of toxic lipid metabolites of triglycerides. Several new drugs are being evaluated in clinical trials for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, however, there is no approved drugs available till now. Several molecules are about to complete phase 2 clinical trial and are entering in the most complex phase 3. According to Covance, Inc. survey NASH is the most common liver disease among obesity patients and affects over 60% of the obese population. Cirrhosis due to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis is the third most common cause of liver transplantation in the U.S. The global burden of NASH is increasing every year and there is an urgent need to develop effective treatment for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. There is a rich pipeline of drugs being studied for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis treatment with huge range of products with different mechanism.
Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs Pipeline: Drivers and Restraints
Growing pace of research activities and stimulation of funding are the factors supporting the growth of pipeline activities in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis treatment. More number of clinical candidates are advancing to late stages of development, which are expected to be launched in the global market within the course of next 8 years. For instance, currently there are four drugs being studied in phase 3 clinical trial, with wide range of mechanisms. Intercept Pharmaceuticals is evaluating its lead molecule- farnesoid X receptor acting agent in metacentric phase 3 trial. Genfit’s Elafibranor has reached phase 3, which is peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha/delta agonist. Two more drugs in phase 3 trial include Tobira Therapeutics’ Cenicriviroc and Gilead’s selonsertib. Failure of these drugs in late stage would cause huge financial losses to the sponsors, which is the biggest risk factor for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis drugs pipeline.
Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs Pipeline: Overview
There are range of pipeline drugs that target different pathways for synthesis of fatty acid and fibrosis and studies are being conducted to for application of these drugs in combination with existing drugs that are being used for treatment of obesity. There are more than 20 programs that are in phase 2b or phase 2a, which are evaluating candidates for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis treatment. Some of these candidates are performing exceptionally well in clinical trials. For instance, Gilead’s ACC inhibitor GS-0976 showed 43% decrease in hepatic steatosis and 9% reduction in liver stiffness in phase 2
Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs Pipeline: Regional Overview
Geographically, the global non-alcoholic steatohepatitis drugs pipeline report is divided into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America dominates the global clinical trial activities in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis treatment with over 200 active clinical trials being carried out in the U.S. and Canada. Western Europe witnesses the second largest magnitude of clinical activities in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis treatment with over 120 active clinical trials. Japan shows low level of research activities in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs: Key Players
Some of the key players having nonalcoholic steatohepatitis drugs in their pipeline include Tobira Therapeutics, Inc., Genfit SA, Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc., Gilead Sciences, Inc., Bristol-Mayers Squibb and Comnay, Merck KGaA, NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Galectin Therapeutics Inc., Madaus Inc. etc. among others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs Pipeline Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs: Segmentation
The nonalcoholic steatohepatitis drugs pipeline products are classified on the basis of drug class, mechanism, phases and geography
Based on drug class, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis pipeline drugs are classified in to the following
- Drugs Targeting Metabolic Homeostasis
- Drugs Acting on Insulin Resistance
- Drugs to Prevent and Treat Inflammation
- Drugs Preventing Oxidative Stress or Fibrosis
Based on mechanism, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis pipeline drugs are classified in to the following:
- Farnesoid X receptor Modulation
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonist
- C chemokine receptor Antagonist
- Apoptosis signal-regulated kinase-1 inhibitor
- Oral acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC) inhibitor
- Fibroblast growth factor 21 (FGF 21) inhibitor
Based on development phase, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis pipeline drugs are classified in to the following
- Phase 1 CT
- Phase 2 CT
- Phase 3 CT
- IND/CTA Filed
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs Pipeline Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs Pipeline Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs Pipeline Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Drugs Pipeline Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)