This Prebiotic Fiber market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Prebiotic Fiber market.
Prebiotic Fiber Market Outlook:
Certain food items, such as onions, bananas, garlic, apples, beans, chicory root, etc., contain a non-digestible part which passes through the human digestive system undigested if consumed. These non-digestible parts are often referred to as prebiotic fibers. Prebiotic fibers are fermented in the colon, where they disintegrate to feed beneficial bacteria colonies. Thus, prebiotic fibers aid the digestive system and reduce the chances of diseases by creating a healthy digestive system and promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria.
By adding prebiotic fibers to a diet, immunity can be boosted and gut performance can be enhanced naturally. Prebiotic fibers also help to decrease obesity naturally. Two commercially accepted forms of prebiotic fibers are fructo-oligosaccharide and galacto-oligosaccharide.
Versatility of Prebiotic Fibers Impel Utilization in Different Food Products:
Prebiotic fibers are non-digestible food ingredients that positively affect the body by stimulating growth and activity of the bacteria in the colon, thereby improving human health. The importance of prebiotics fibers has been known for a long time now.
In the world of highly processed foods, particular attention is given to the composition of the products consumed. Increasing investments in the food industry for innovating and developing new food products with prebiotic fibers and growing demand for nutritional supplements are important factors anticipated to impel the growth of the market in the years to come. Also, the emergence of prebiotic fibers as an alternative to antibiotics is also likely to assist the growth of the market.
Furthermore, shifting preference towards consumption of prebiotic fiber-rich products, among customers, owing to growing awareness about the health benefits of prebiotic fibers will give a boost to the market
Global Prebiotic Fiber Market - Key Players:
Some of the key players operating in the global Prebiotic Fiber market are Benefiber, Prebiotin, Now Foods, Cargill, Sensus, Kraft Foods Inc., Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd., KeVita, Maveron, Evolve Biosystems, Attune Foods, Indiebio, BioGaia, Solvay Pharmaceuticals SA, Roquette America, Inc., FrieslandCampina Domo, Cosucra Groupe Warcoing SA, GTC Nutrition and Parmalat S.p.A., among others.
Key Developments in the Prebiotic Fiber Global Market:
The Prebiotic fiber market has registered healthy growth in the last few years. In November 2018, Olipop, a health beverage company, launched new products loaded with prebiotic fibers aimed at revitalizing gut health and supporting digestive health. The fizzy fermented drinks are high in prebiotic fiber and low in sugar.
Opportunities for Prebiotic Fiber Participants:
Manufacturers are exploring the use of prebiotic fibers in emerging applications, such as cosmetics and most importantly, pharmaceuticals. The nutritional supplements segment is anticipated to register high growth rate during the forecast period.
Galacto-oligosaccharide accounts for a significant share due to its growing use in nutritional supplements. On the other hand, the demand for Mannan- oligosaccharide will also increase due to growing demand from the animal feed industry across the world.
Europe is expected to lead the market in terms of both, revenue and volume. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to record healthy growth rate owing to the growing consumption of dairy products and nutritious foods by consumers.
Guidelines and policies set by FDA that ban certain AGPs (Antibiotic Growth Regulators) have made way for prebiotic fibers to be used as an ingredient in various foods.
Brief Approach to Research:
A modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms, and end uses of the product segments included in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global scale to estimate the overall market sizes.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Prebiotic Fiber Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Prebiotic Fiber Market - Market Segmentation:
By Nature, the Prebiotic Fiber market is segmented into:
By Product Type, the Prebiotic Fiber market is segmented into:
By Application, the Prebiotic Fiber market is segmented into:
- Food and Beverages
- Baked Foods
- Breakfast Snacks
- Animal Feed
- Nutritional Supplements
By Sales Channel, the Prebiotic Fiber market is segmented into:
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
- Online Stores
- Retail Stores
Key Data Points Covered in the Report:
- An overview of the global Prebiotic Fiber market including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Prebiotic Fiber market and its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends in the Prebiotic Fiber market.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Prebiotic Fiber market.
- The cost structure of the Prebiotic Fiber and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial Prebiotic Fiber segments, regions and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants.
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Prebiotic Fiber Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Prebiotic Fiber Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Prebiotic Fiber Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Prebiotic Fiber Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)