Prebiotic Ingredients Market - Key Research Findings
- The prebiotic ingredients market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of ~9% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- The prebiotic ingredients extracted from vegetarian sources are expected to remain as the products with highest demand in the prebiotic ingredients market.
- The growth of this particular segment can be primarily attributed to their economical prices and growing adoption for precision manufacturing and assembly among stakeholders.
- Europe is projected to account for nearly half of the revenue shares in the prebiotic ingredients industry by the end of 2029.
- The Europe market is estimated to continue to be the opportunistic market for prebiotic ingredients manufacturers and distributors, owing to increasing production.
- Dairy products are projected to continue as the prominent end-use industry, creating significant growth opportunities for prebiotic ingredients market players.
- Noteworthy applications of prebiotic ingredients include soft drinks, juices, yogurts, confectionery, bakery, and many more. Prebiotic ingredients are found in more than 1,400 food and beverage products. Prebiotic ingredients are used by the manufacturers in various end-use industries to develop low-calorie products, which is creating an upswing in the prebiotic ingredients market.
Key Factors Shaping the Prebiotic Ingredients Market
Rise in Consumption of Prebiotic Ingredient for Healthy Gut
The increasing demand for healthy food with prebiotic ingredients is estimated to grow the market of prebiotic ingredients majorly in American & European countries. Galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS), Fructo-oligosaccharide(FOS) are extensively consumed in the food processing segment, as these are friendly for the digestive system.
As trending, processed food is consumed widely, to maintain healthy gut, which the friendly bacteria require. Prebiotic ingredients are the key component to promote increase of friendly bacteria. The bakery and confectionery sector consumes the largest part of the emulsifiers, while the meat industry emerges as a growing sector for the market.
Growing Preference for Plant-based Products
As the consumers are opting for plant-based and natural products, manufacturers in various industries are trying to incorporate natural ingredients in their products. The primary source of prebiotic ingredients is natural dietary fiber. The increase in awareness about the side-effects of the antibiotics and other chemicals present in processed food products, increase the consumption of prebiotic fibers. These are anticipated to be some of the drivers for the increase in the demand for plant-based products.
Thus, the increasing inclination towards the use of plant-based products is estimated to have a positive influence on the prebiotics market. Prebiotic fiber compounds, which are heat- and pH-stable. Various advantages offered by prebiotics have increased its demand in the end-use industry and are anticipated to boost the growth of the prebiotics market.
Positive Impact of Enhanced Marketing and Promotional Strategies
The awareness about benefits of prebiotics are still not known by consumers across some regions of the world. As the knowledge about prebiotics is less, consumers are anticipated to prefer use of products that contain known ingredients. The less popularity of prebiotics in the market is anticipated to affect its sales in end-use industries. Thus, an increase in promotional and marketing strategies is expected to have a major impact on the prebiotics market.
Prebiotic ingredients Market Structure Analysis
- The global prebiotic ingredients market is a moderately competitive market. Approximately 70% - 75% share of the market is held by tier-1 players.
- Expansion of the business through mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and alliances are the strategies followed by key players in the prebiotic ingredients market. Key market players focus on strategies such as adoption of new technologies to develop innovative products, and further enlargement of sales and distribution channels.
- Noteworthy investments in the research and development for novel and sturdy products is projected to boost the growth prospects of the prebiotic ingredients market.
- Major players in the prebiotic ingredients market are Koninklijke FrieslandCampina N.V, Roquette Frères S.A., Kerry Group plc, Ingredion Incorporated, Cargill Incorporated, Yakult Honsha Co Ltd., Cosucra Groupe Warcoing SA, BENEO GmbH, Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited, Sensus America. Inc., and Jarrow Formulas, Inc.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
- Mannan- oligosaccharide
- Galacto- oligosaccharide
- Clinical Nutrition
- Dietary Ingredients
- Functional Food & Beverages
- Dairy Products
- Infant Formula
- Breakfast Cereal
- Meat Products
- Animal Nutrition
- Pet Food
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa