An Incisive, In-depth Analysis on the Malt Ingredients Market
This study offers a comprehensive, 360 degree analysis on the Malt Ingredients market, bringing to fore insights that can help stakeholders identify the opportunities as well as challenges. It tracks the global Malt Ingredients market across key regions, and offers in-depth commentary and accurate quantitative insights. The study also includes incisive competitive landscape analysis, and provides key recommendations to market players on winning imperatives and successful strategies.
Malt Ingredients Market - Key Research Findings
- The global malt ingredients market is valued at ~US$ 21 Bn in 2019.
- The malt ingredients market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- Increasing consumer awareness of healthy living and consuming nutritional food products is expected to propel the demand for malt ingredients in the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- Latin America is expected to account for major revenue growth in the malt ingredients industry, by the end of 2029.
- Latin America is also likely to account for relatively high consumption of malt ingredients during the forecast period, due to increasing awareness among consumers about the benefits of malt ingredients to their health.
- Increasing demand for traditional food from consumers has led to high adoption of malt ingredients in the food industry.
- Preference for traditional or home-cooked foods and cooking processes is regaining traction among various consumers worldwide. This is more pertinent to baked goods; however, it is expected to remain a challenge due to majority of the global population either working with a busy and hectic lifestyle, or due to the fact that most do not have access to traditional methods of cooking and baking. In order to attract this segment of consumers, food industry is turning to traditional ingredients and cooking processes, thereby potentially raising the demand for malt ingredients.
Key Factors Shaping the Malt Ingredients Market
Growing Consumer Awareness and High Nutritive Value of Diastatic Malt Extract
Increasing consumers awareness about health benefits associated with malt ingredients has been influencing their application in various food products, especially bakery products. Diastatic malt, which is an extract from sprouted grains, can be used as a replacement for honey and sugar needed to feed yeast in bakery products. It also helps reduce the need for extra synthetic sugar in bakery food products and label the product as ‘sugar-free’.
As diastatic malt extract contains enzymes and vitamins, it improves nutritional value and helps increase shelf-life of baked products. Such benefits have led to high demand for malt ingredients-based food products from the F&B industry.
Food Manufacturers Adopting ‘Better for You’ Strategy
In the current scenario, several food manufacturers are focused on sustaining in an ever-growing competitive market by adopting ‘better for you’ strategy, providing improved natural ingredient-based food products to consumers. Growing inclination towards natural ingredients and healthy diet amid the rise of numerous lifestyle diseases is likely to lead to increasing demand for malt ingredients from the food manufacturers. In addition, many food manufacturers are taking initiatives to offer natural ingredient-based foods to consumers with additional benefits, which in turn, is expected to complement the growth of the malt ingredients market.
Considering notable increase in the demand, malt ingredients market players, such as Dohler GmbH, are offering ingredient systems that extend from natural flavors, colors, and juices to sugar-free sweetening systems and ‘beyond dairy’ solutions for lactose-free products.
Malt Ingredients Market Structure Analysis
The global malt ingredients market represents a fairly consolidated competition landscape, where majority of key players maintain their strategic focus on the development of solid distribution partnerships and joint ventures, targeting a firmer global footprint.
- Major players in the malt ingredients market are Cargill Incorporated, Ireks GmbH, Dohler GmbH, Simpsons Malt Limited, The Soufflet Group, Axereal (BOORTMALT NV), Malteurop Group, Viking Malt Oy, Polttimo Oy, Malt Products Corporation, Cooperativa Agraria Agroindustrial, GrainCorp Ltd., Malteries Soufflet SAS, Muntons Plc., Chunlei Malt Group Company, Crisp Malting Group, Holland Malt B.V., Barmalt India Pvt. Ltd. and Shun Taimai bud Group Co., Ltd.
- The malt ingredients market has been relatively moderate in size, which remains a key factor for its dynamic competitive nature.
- Leading manufacturers of malt ingredients are currently prioritizing R&D and new product launches to resonate with the booming demand for natural ingredients in Latin America and Middle East & Africa.
- Portfolio extension is also identified to remain one of the key developmental strategies adopted by manufacturers of malt ingredients market.
- For a stronger foothold in target markets, malt ingredients manufacturers will continue to rely on inorganic strategies, such as mergers and acquisitions.
Malt Ingredients Market Analysis 2019-2029
A recent market study published by FMI on the malt ingredients market includes global industry analysis for 2014-2018 and forecast for 2019-2029, and offers a comprehensive assessment of the prominent market dynamics. After conducting thorough research on the historical as well as current growth parameters of the malt ingredients market, the growth prospects of the market are obtained with maximum precision.
Malt Ingredients Market: Segmentation
The global malt ingredients market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader.
Chapter 01 – Global Economic Outlook
The report commences with the global economic outlook, which depicts the world GDP in the key countries and trade penetration of various distribution channels in countries. The effect of these parameters on the malt ingredients market is analyzed.
Chapter 02 - Executive Summary
The executive summary of the malt ingredients market includes the market country analysis, proprietary wheel of fortune, demand-side and supply-side trends, opportunity assessment and recommendations on the global malt ingredients market.
Chapter 03 – Market Introduction
Readers can find the detailed segmentation and definition of the malt ingredients market in this chapter, which will help them understand the basic information about the malt ingredients market. This section also highlights the inclusions and exclusions, which help the reader understand the scope of the malt ingredients market report.
Chapter 04 – Global Malt Ingredients Market Overview
Readers can find the detailed segmentation and definition of the malt ingredients market in this chapter. The associated industry assessment of the malt ingredients market is also carried out such as market trends, market dynamics, trade analysis, and supply and value chain. The consumer’s perception on malt ingredients are explained in the segments consumer survey analysis and social media sentiment analysis of this chapter. This also highlights price point assessment by raw material, the average price of different raw materials of malt ingredients in different regions throughout the globe and its forecast till 2029. The factors influencing the prices of the malt ingredients are also explained in this section.
Chapter 05 – Global Malt Ingredients Market Analysis and Forecast of 2014-2029
This chapter explains how the malt ingredients market will grow across the globe in various segments. Based on raw material, the malt ingredients market is segmented into barley, wheat, rye, maize, rice and oat. Based on product type, the malt ingredients market is segmented into malt extract, malt flour and others. Based on end-use, the malt ingredients market is segmented into food and beverages industry, pharmaceuticals industry and personal care industry. Based on grade malt ingredients market is segmented into Specialty malt and Standard Malt. Based on region, the malt ingredients market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, APEJ, Middle East & Africa, and Japan.
Chapter 06 – North America Malt Ingredients Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the North America Malt Ingredients market, along with a country-wise assessment that includes the U.S. and Canada. Readers can also find regional trends, regulations, and market growth based on end-users and countries in North America.
Chapter 07 – Latin America Malt Ingredients Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
Readers can find detailed information about several factors, such as the pricing analysis and regional trends, which are impacting the growth of the Latin America malt ingredients market. This chapter also includes the growth prospects of the malt ingredients market in leading LATAM countries such as Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Argentina and Rest of Latin America.
Chapter 08 – Western Europe Malt Ingredients Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
Important growth prospects of the malt ingredients market based on its end users in several countries such as Germany, the U.K, Italy, France, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic and the Rest of Western Europe are included in this chapter.
Chapter 09 – Eastern Europe Malt Ingredients Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
Important growth prospects of the malt ingredients market based on its end users in several countries such as Russia, Poland and the Rest of Eastern Europe are included in this chapter.
Chapter 10 – APEJ Malt Ingredients Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast for 2019 - 2029
Greater China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of APEJ are the leading countries in the APEJ region that are the prime subjects of assessment to obtain the growth prospects of the APEJ malt ingredients market in this chapter. Readers can find detailed information about the growth parameters of the APEJ malt ingredients market during the period 2019 - 2029.
Chapter 11 – Japan Malt Ingredients Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the East Asia malt ingredients market. Readers can also find Japanese market trends, regulations, and market growth based on end users.
Chapter 12 – Middle East and Africa Malt Ingredients Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
This chapter provides information about how the malt ingredients market will grow in major countries in the MEA region such as GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, and Rest of MEA, during the forecast period 2019 - 2029.
Chapter 13 – Competitive Assessment
In this chapter, readers can find detailed information about tier analysis and market concentration of the key players in the malt ingredients market along with their market presence analysis by region and product portfolio. Also, readers can find a comprehensive list of all leading stakeholders in the malt ingredients market, along with detailed information about each company, which includes the company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are Cargill, Incorporated, Dohler GmbH, Ireks GmbH, Malteurop Group, Simpsons Malt Limited, The Soufflet Group, Axereal (BOORTMALT NV), Barmalt India Pvt. Ltd., GrainCorp Ltd., Viking Malt Oy, Cooperativa Agraria Agroindustrial, Vivescia Industries SCA, Polttimo Oy, Malt Products Corporation, Malteries Soufflet SAS, Muntons Plc., Crisp Malting Group, Chunlei Malt Group Company, Holland Malt B.V., and Shun Taimai bud Group Co., Ltd. and many others.
Chapter 14 – Assumptions and Acronyms
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provide a base to the information and statistics included in the malt ingredients report.
Chapter 15 – Research Methodology
This chapter helps readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain various conclusions, as well as important qualitative and quantitative information about the malt ingredients market.
Sources and Primary Research Splits (%):-
- C - Level Executives
- Marketing Directors
- Sales Heads
- Production Managers
- Distributors Heads
- Sales Executives
- Product Manufacturers
- Industry Experts
- End Users
- Current Market Dynamics and Challenges
- Market Characteristics
- Market Performance and Growth Quadrants
- Competition Structure and Market Structure
- Strategic Growth Initiatives
- Near-term and Long-term Market Growth Prospects
- Market Segment Splits and Authenticity
- Opinions on Market Projections and Validity Of Assumptions
- Industrial Week
- Industrial Product Review
- Industrial Magazine
- Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association
- American Lung Association
- Confederation of European Community Cigarette Manufacturers
- Company Press Releases
- Annual Reports and Investor Presentations
- Research Papers
- Government Websites and Publications
- Trade Websites