This Malt market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Malt market.
Malt is a product prepared from grains through a malting process, which involves partial germination, to modify the grains’ natural food substances. Barley is generally used to prepare malt, while rice wheat, corn and rye are used less frequently. The principle use of malt is in brewing beer. Malt is also used for preparation of whiskey and other beverages. Its wide usage in alcohols, beverages and food products makes it an important product in the food and beverage industry. It is also used to make confections such as malted shakes, malt vinegar, flavored drinks such as Horlicks, and Milo, and some baked goods, such as bagels, malt loaf, and rich tea. Malted barley is an ingredient in blended flours specifically used in the manufacture of yeast breads and other baked goods.
Malt Market: Drivers & Restraints
The key driver for this market is the use of malt in the beer industry, which is growing at a fast rate. Its widespread use in the food industry is another impetus for the growth of this market. Opportunities for this market lie in the use of different types of malt extracts in food products. Growing popularity of wine and other beverages acts as a hindrance in the growth of this market, as this would reduce the consumption of beer. Increase in the use of organic malt in making breweries is boosting the growth of the market. The major challenge to this market is the entry of local players in the market. They offer low cost product, and thus are able to generate a broader customer base.
Malt Market: Segmentation
The global malt market can be broadly segmented on the basis of type, application, brewers, and source. On the basis of type, the malt market can be classified into-Dry Extract, Liquid Extract, Malt Flour. On the basis of application, the malt market can be segmented into-Beer Industry, Whisky Distilleries, Food & Beverages, and Pharmaceutical industry. On the basis of brewers, the malt market can be segmented into- Base Malt, Standard Malt and Specialty Malt. On the basis of source, it can be segmented into-Barley, Wheat, Rye.
Malt Market: Region Wise Outlook
Geographically, the acai berry market is segmented into seven regions which are ; North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), and Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Japan.
North America has been the largest market for malts, sharing superiority in both production as well as consumption. Western Europe and Central Europe are also one of the key malt markets. Countries in Asia Pacific such as, China, South Korea and Australia are showing relatively quicker growth and are expected to be the dominant markets over the coming years. Countries in Africa such as, Zimbabwe and Botswana constitute of two of the most promising market potentials followed by Latin America.
Malt Market: Key Players
Some of the major companies manufacturing malts in the global market are Bairds Malt Ltd, Cargill Inc., Crisp Malting Group Ltd, Malteurop Group, Muntons Malt plc, Simpsons Malt Ltd. Cargill Inc. Bairds Malt Ltd. Crisp Malting Group Ltd., Heineken, Muntons Malt plc and others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Malt MarketSegments
- Malt MarketDynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Malt MarketSize & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Malt MarketCurrent Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Malt MarketDrivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Malt Marketincludes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Malt Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Malt Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Malt Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Malt Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Malt Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)