Hopped Malt Extract Market Overview
Market Outlook for Hopped Malt Extract Market:
Malt extract is the concentrated or dried form of unfermented brewery wort. Its production involves crushing and mashing of malted grains, separation of wort from the spent grains and then their concentration and dehydration. This extract become hopped malt extract when hops are added into it. hopped malt extracts can be either in the form of liquid or solids. Hopped malt extract provides a malty but distinct flavor because of the concentration process during its production. Aromatic and bittering properties that hopped malt extract brings into the finished beer are proving to be a factor driving the demand for hopped malt extract and thus increasing its sales in the market. Apart from brewing industry, hopped malt extract finds a wide range of applications in baking industry, confectionery, breakfast cereals, malt beverages and as sugar substitutes. Also the use of hopped malt extract for the production of non-alcoholic beverages by the brewing industries is driving the growth of hopped malt extract market positively.
Preference of Hopped Malt Extract by Microbreweries is Leading to the Growth of Hopped Malt Extract Market:
High cost of capital for startup or because of the constraints of franchising, small or microbreweries find it hard to introduce themselves in the market and grow against the existing major brewers. But now these small breweries are relying on hopped malt extract to produce their beers in order to bring new crafts and innovations in beer to attract customers. For such innovations, micro brewers are primarily dependent on hops. For example, beers such as stouts and India Pale Ales are much more dependent on hopped malt extracts. This rise in demand for hopped malt extract by small breweries is helping the hopped malt extract market and thus increase its sales. But in turn, it is leading to a hike in prices of hops used in the production of hopped malt extract. Thus hopped malt extract market will have to face high competition for the raw material-hops.
Global Hopped Malt Extract Market:
Examples of some of the market participants in the global hopped malt extract market are Mr. Malt, Muntons, Hambleton Bard, Coopers, Brew Demon and others.
Global Hopped Malt Extract: Key Developments
The malt extract market took a large leap in terms of quality when the brewery Mr. Beer was acquired by Coopers, a brewery and hopped malt extract producer of Australia in 2012. After this acquisition, Mr. Beer started manufacturing its home-brewing kits with hopped malt extracts that were provided by the Coopers. Thus it helped in the expansion of hopped malt extract in Australia.
Opportunities for Hopped Malt Extract Market Participants:
The concern of raw material availability is a very important factor that can drive as well as restrain the growth of hopped malt extract market. Therefore, a growth in the production of malts such as wheat, barley, oat etc. can offer a great opportunity for the growth of hopped malt extract market globally. A better supply efficiency and introduction of malt varieties that are less perishable can be an additional driving factor for increased production in hopped malt extract market. Increased production of hops will also help hopped malt extract market overcome the shortage and hiked prices of hops in the market. Hopped malt extract market shows ample opportunities if big brewing industries tie up and collaborate with hopped malt extract manufacturers to bring new flavorful beverages in the market.
Brief Approach to Research:
FMI will follow a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the product types and end uses of the target product covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report:
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Hopped Malt Extract Market: Segmentation:
On the basis of end-user industry, the hopped malt extract market is segmented into-
- Brewing industry
- Non alcoholic
- Baking industry
- Animal feed
- Pharmaceutical industry
On the basis of type, the hopped malt market is segmented into-
On the basis of source, hopped malt extract market can be segmented into-
- Others including oats and cereal mixes
On the basis of nature, the coffee extract market is segmented into-
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.