This Printing Plate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Printing Plate market.
Printing Plate Market: An Overview
The printing market is rapidly increasing at a rapid pace across end-use industries. Printing offers branding and promotion as a marketing tool for the manufacturers and suppliers for the sales of products. Various printing technologies are used for printing applications such as flexographic printing, digital printing, lithographic printing, letterpress printing, among others. Printing plates are used for printing applications across most of the industries including packaging, food & beverages, electrical & electronics, healthcare & pharmaceuticals, cosmetics & personal care, and automotive, among others. An image is put on the surface of the printing plate either by the photochemical or photomechanical process during the production process known as prepress. A picture is placed on the printing plates using a photomechanical or photochemical process during a stage of production known as prepress — one plate for each color ink to be printed. Printing plates are attached to the plate cylinders on the printing. A printing machine has four distinct components: an image carrier, a press, substrate material to carry the message, and ink. The printing plate is the image carrier in traditional printing processes. The printing processes such as flexography, lithography, gravure, and letterpress, photopolymer plates are used to carry ink and transfer to the substrate material.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Printing Plate: Benefits
- Deep-relief image produces sharp and clean printing results with fewer press wash-ups.
- Dimensionally stable polyester support for accurate register.
- Excellent ink transfer provides good printing uniformity.
- Outstanding durability assures long press runs
Printing Plate Market: Dynamics
To achieve a no-post bake solution for ultraviolet inks, printing plate manufacturers have had to come up with new innovative technologies and plate components. Kodak provided two solutions to encounter the challenges of the inks and their associated press chemistries, one for negative working plates, and another using a positive working technology. The printing industry has witnessed to evolve, and as manufacturers are innovating to keep up with the changes to sustain in the dynamic market. The improvements such as better print quality and faster drying times are combined by innovations in printing plate technology that not only improve the chemical resistance of the printing plate on press, it help printers reduce developer consumption.
Flexographic printing has witnessed as the fastest-growing printing technology in recent years. It offers the advantages of printing on a variety of different materials, including film, paper, plastic, foil, and board using a broad range of inks. Printing plates helps in enhanced high-speed printing and offering exceptionally high-quality printing. Most converters and printers have experienced remarkable growth and technological advancement in various applications of printing.
Despite the positive outlook, certain factors that might hamper the growth of the global printing plates market. Processing of printing plates consumes three resources: chemistry to process or develop the plates, energy to run the print processing unit, and fluids to rinse the plate or clean the unit. Similarly, processing of printing plates generates waste which must be disposed of, in the form of wastewater, spent chemistry, and containers.
Printing Plate Market: Regional Outlook
The global market for printing plate has been divided into seven key regions such as: North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Middle East & Africa, and Oceania.
Printing Plate Market: Key Players
Following are the key players operating in the printing plate market: FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation, Flint Group, MacDermid Inc., Southern Lithoplate, Inc., DuPont de Nemours, Inc. Many local and unorganized market players are expected to contribute to the global printing plate market during the forecast period.
The Printing Plates Market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Printing Plate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Printing Plate Market: Segmentation
The printing plates market is characterized on the basis of material, product type, thickness, and end use.
On the basis of Product Type, the printing plate market has been segmented as:
- Flexographic Printing Plate
- Lithographic Printing Plate
- Letterpress Printing Plate
- Digital Printing Plate
On the basis of End-use, the printing plate market has been segmented as:
- Food & Beverages Industry
- Electrical & Electronics Industry
- Cosmetics & Personal Care Industry
- Healthcare & Pharmaceutical Industry
- Automotive Industry
- Other Consumer Goods
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Printing Plate Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Printing Plate Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Printing Plate Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Printing Plate Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)