This Propranolol Drug market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Propranolol Drug market.
Propranolol is a beta adrenergic receptor-blocking type medication used in the treatment or prevention of high blood pressure, post-traumatic stress disorder, irregular heartbeats, tremors, angina pectoris, migraine and anxiety. According to study published in American Heart Association, Inc., hypertension is the leading risk factor for disability and death worldwide. In 2010, Asia and Pacific region had highest burden of hypertension with 439 Mn people suffering from hypertension. As per WHO, propranolol is considered as one of the most essential pharmaceutical drug required in a basic health system. The drug is non selective beta blocker and also able to cross via blood –brain barrier. It inhibit the actions of neurotransmitter and enhances memory consolidation. This advantage of propranolol made it useful for brain disorder too, which created a positive impact of propranolol drug in both heart and brain disorder. Propranolol drug is investigated as potential treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder. Propranolol was first marketed in 1965 under the brand name Inderal by ICI Pharmaceutical which is now known as AstraZeneca.
Propranolol Drug Market: Drivers and Restraints
The global market for propranolol drug market is expected to be driven by rise in incidence of hypertension, and rapidly changing lifestyles in developing countries. Moreover, advancement in pharmaceutical market and funding initiatives in R&D sector are some other key factors that expected to propel the growth of propranolol drug market in the forecast period. As propranolol is a non-selective beta- blocker drug, it shows similar results on lungs, heart and other areas of body, which contributes to the adverse effects like allergic reaction, breathing problem, sudden weight gain, changes in blood sugar etc. Alternative option for propranolol drug and side effects related to drug may restrain the growth of this market.
Propranolol Drug Market: Overview
North America and Europe lead the propranolol drug market due to increase in sedentary lifestyles and increasing aging population, which ultimately increases the rate of hypertension and angina related cases. Under route of administration segment, oral route shows high market growth in propranolol drug market as tablet form is more prescribed by doctors for long term positive effects. Tablets and extended-release capsules come under this segment, which are more preferred and shows favorable patient outcomes. Based on disease indication segment, hypertension account for high shares as compared with other disease types in the propranolol drug market. Hypertension is lifelong disease that means, patient may require to take tablets every day for rest of the life.
Propranolol Drug Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the global propranolol drug market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America dominated the global market for propranolol drug market. As per the study published by Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2014, nearly 70 Mn American population suffered from hypertension and expected to increase in coming years which will create growth opportunity for propranolol drug market. On other hand, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a fast pace over the forecast period owing to changing lifestyle and growing disease population. Moreover, variouspublic awareness programs initiated by medical organizations, to encourage people for regular checkups and explore available treatment options, will result in the strong growth opportunity of propranolol drug market in these regions.
Propranolol Drug Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in global propranolol drug market includes Glaxosmithkline, Mylan pharmaceuticals inc, Actavis elizabeth llc, Inwood laboratories inc sub forest laboratories inc, Roxane laboratories inc, Baxter healthcare corp, Bedford laboratories, Wyeth ayerst laboratories, Ipca laboratories ltd, Teva pharmaceuticals, Vintage pharmaceuticals, Northstar healthcare holdings ltd, Pliva inc, Interpharm inc, Ivax pharmaceuticals inc, Clonmel healthcare ltd.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Propranolol Drug Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Propranolol Drug Market: Segmentation
The global propranolol drug market is classified on the basis of route of administration, disease indication and end user.
Based on of route of administration, the global propranolol drug market is segmented into the following:
- Oral administration
- IV administration
Based on disease indication, the global propranolol drug market is segmented into the following:
Based on end user, the global propranolol drug market is segmented into the following:
- Home care settings
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Propranolol Drug Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Propranolol Drug Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Propranolol Drug Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Propranolol Drug Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)