This Rigid Trays market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Rigid Trays market.
Global rigid trays market: Introduction
Rigid packaging plays an important role in overall packaging market. Rigid trays can be used for fresh foods as well as processed foods. Rigid trays are designed to extend the shelf life of the product. Rigid trays are durable and are designed to provide oxygen barrier to maintain freshness of the packaged meal. Rigid trays are manufactured using a variety of materials, such as PET, rPET and PP. Rigid trays are also known by other names such as, thermoformed trays. Rigid trays can be refrigerated using eutectic pads. PP rigid trays and pet rigid trays provide optimal rigidity, durability. Due to the property of hermitic seal the food remains airtight for longer time so that freshness of the food can be retained for the longer period of time, thereby enhancing shelf life of the product. Due to this property, the market for rigid trays is expected to receive a major boost, over the forecast period. Rigid trays are used in various end use industries such as, the food & beverage, pharmaceutical industry, and the electrical and electronics industry, among others. Rigid trays are used for packaging of fresh and frozen dinners, fresh salads, fresh produce, meat, seafood and poultry. Rigid trays are also used in pharmaceutical industries to create medical blisters and printed cut seal lids. Due to the wide range of application for rigid trays, the global market for rigid trays is likely to have a positive outlook, during the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
One of the key factors, which is expected to contribute to growth of the global rigid trays market is growth in the number of retail outlets, especially in the emerging economies, along with increasing penetration of modern trade. Emergence of online food service apps has paved way for growth of the rigid trays market. The global rigid trays market is expected to grow on the backdrop of food and beverage industries growth, which is currently staggering around 5%. As more developing countries continue to witness rise in the number of retail outlets, and changing consumer preferences and food consumption habits, the global rigid trays market is expected to witness healthy growth during the forecast period. Change in lifestyles of urban population in emerging economies such as India, has paved way for adoption of the on-the-go food consumption trend, which is expected to further boost the APEJ, and ultimately, the global rigid trays market. One of the major challenges posed to growth of the global rigid trays market is in the form of government rules and regulations against the use of thermoformed trays, which are difficult to decompose.
Global rigid trays market: Segmentation
The global rigid trays market has been segmented as follows –
Global rigid trays market: Geographical Outlook
The Asia Pacific region is expected to account for the highest market value share in the global rigid trays market, owing to high population growth, coupled with increasing urbanization. The Western European region and the North American regions are expected to closely follow, in terms of value and volume. The Latin American region is expected to witness healthy growth during the forecast period. The region is yet to fully recover from the effects of the recession in 2015. Hence initial growth rate is expected to be moderate.
Global rigid trays market: Key Players
Few of the key players operating in the global rigid trays market are Pactiv LLC, Winpak Ltd., GY Packaging, Linpac Packaging Ltd., and EastCoast Packaging Corp, among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Rigid Trays Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of product type, the global rigid trays packaging market has been segmented as:
- Plastic rigid trays
- Metal rigid trays
On the basis of size, the global rigid trays packaging market has been segmented as:
- D1 Range
- D2 Range
- D13 Range
- D18 Range
- D15 Range
On the basis of material used, the global rigid trays packaging market has been segmented as:
On the basis of end use industry, the global rigid trays packaging market has been segmented as:
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Electrical and Electronics Industry
- Consumer Goods Industry
- Health Care Industry
The global rigid trays market has been divided into seven regions as follows –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Rigid Trays Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Rigid Trays Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Rigid Trays Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Rigid Trays Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)