This Sodium Chlorate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Sodium Chlorate market.
Sodium chlorate is primarily used for the manufacture of chlorine dioxide, which acts as a bleaching agent in the paper and pulp industry. Sodium chlorate is white/off-white in colour and is odourless. Sodium chlorate is highly soluble in water. Sodium chlorate in its pure form is inflammable but during its decomposition, it releases oxygen, hence it acts as an accelerant in presence of flammable substances. Sodium chlorate is used for the extraction of uranium and vanadium in the mining industry. Sodium chlorate is also used as herbicide in weed control application. In the recent years, sodium chlorate has been extensively utilized in the manufacture of chemical intermediates such as potassium chlorate and sodium perchlorate. The overall market for sodium chlorate is projected to remain positive, however, it will exhibit a slower growth over the forecast period due to the availability of alternatives such as hydrogen peroxide that can be used for bleaching pulp.
Global Sodium Chlorate Market Dynamics
Global Sodium Chlorate Market Drivers
The global sodium chlorate market is majorly driven by the growth in the paper and pulp industry. As about 80-90% of the overall sodium chlorate consumption is for the manufacture of chlorine dioxide, which is used in the paper and pulp industry, the demand for sodium chlorate depends significantly on the growth of paper and pulp industry.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Sodium Chlorate Market Restraints
One of the major factors restraining the growth of the global sodium chlorate market is the availability of alternatives such as hydrogen peroxide and ozone, which can be used for bleaching of pulp.
Moreover, with the increasing popularity of e-media, there has been a slowdown in the use of papers for the newspaper publishing and similar sectors. Shift in consumer preferences is observed on the basis of availability and cost of products. The aforementioned factors are expected to hinder the market growth to a great extent.
Global Sodium Chlorate Market Trends
There has been an increasing use of sodium chlorate for niche applications such as for the production of oxidation candles for aircrafts and submarines. Sodium chlorate is also used for the surface treatment of metals in the automotive and electronics industries.
Global Sodium Chlorate Market Regional Outlook
The forecast for global sodium chlorate market is expected to be positive in the coming years exhibiting slow growth over the forecast period. Asia pacific holds a dominant share in the global sodium chlorate market and is projected to remain dominant in the global market throughout the forecast period due to the large base of paper and pulp industry in the region. Moreover, China is a leading consumer of sodium chlorate. Along with paper and pulp, China has a significant base for the use of sodium chlorate in niche applications such as fireworks.
Regions such as Latin America has also exhibited significant growth in the paper and pulp industry, hence, there is a substantial demand for sodium chlorate in the region. Japan and MEA are projected to hold relatively small shares in the global sodium chlorate market.
The regions such as North America and Europe are expected to witness sluggish growth over the forecast period, 2017-2027.
Global Sodium Chlorate Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the global sodium chlorate market are, Akzo Nobel N.V. (Eka Chemicals), Kemira, ERCO Worldwide, Chemtrade (Canexus), Arkema, Tronox Limited, Ercros S.A and Inner Mongolia Lantai Industrial among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Sodium Chlorate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Sodium Chlorate Market Segmentation
The global sodium chlorate market can be segmented on the basis of application and region.
On the basis of application, the global sodium chlorate market can be categorized as:
- Bleaching agent
- Oxidizing agent (chemical synthesis)
On the basis of form, the global sodium chlorate market can be segmented into:
- Crystalline form
- Solution form
On the basis of end-use industry, the global sodium chlorate market can be segmented into:
- Paper and Pulp Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Aerospace and Marine
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Sodium Chlorate Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Sodium Chlorate Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Sodium Chlorate Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Sodium Chlorate Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.