This Sodium Formate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Sodium Formate market.
Market Definition and Introduction
Sodium formate is a sodium-based salt of formic acid. It is generally available in its physical form as a white powder. Sodium formate is a key chemical due to its multiple applications across a diverse range of industries, such as oil & gas, textile, printing, aviation and others. It offers important end uses, such as a food additive in fabric dyeing processes and a de-icing agent in multiple applications. Also, sodium formate has been finding important end use as a buffering agent for mineral acids so as to increase their acidity levels. It is not toxic, exhibits biodegradability to a considerable extent and is eco-friendly. In the field of biology, sodium formate is used as a cryogenic protectant in X-ray diffraction experiments conducted on protein crystalline substances.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Considering these important applications of sodium formate, the study of the sodium formate market becomes an important read.
Key Trends, Drivers
In recent times, there has been a rise in the number of applications of sodium formate in various industries. Also, rapid growth of the food & beverage industry, dyeing & printing industry and the oil & gas industry has been contributing to the growth of the sodium formate market at a global level. For instance, there has been a rise in the demand for sodium formate from the upstream oil & gas industry to produce clear brine, which is an important chemical in work over & completion processes. Furthermore, the solid form of sodium formate has been witnessing a rise in demand as an anti-corrosion agent and an effective de-icing material at airports. The key use of sodium formate here has been the de-icing of runways as sodium formate quickly penetrates solid snow and ice layers when mixed with corrosion inhibitors & other additives, detaching the snow from the concrete and melting it at a rapid pace.
However, there have been a few restraints to the growth of sodium formate demand. For example, sodium formate is hygroscopic in nature, i.e. it absorbs moisture. This property translates into added requirements for its special & careful handling so as to avoid moisture absorption. Furthermore, commercially attractive alternatives for sodium formate are available in the market, such as urea. The latter has been found to display de-icing competitive characteristics vis-à-vis sodium formate, thereby encouraging potential buyers to shift toward purchasing urea. Besides, prices of raw materials in the manufacture of sodium formate are inherently volatile. This fluctuation in raw material prices drastically affects sodium formate price variations, thereby inhibiting the growth rate of the sodium formate market even further. These factors have been dampening the sodium formate market growth rate.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Sodium Formate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of end use, the sodium formate market is segmented as follows:
- Reducing agent
- Manufacture of sodium hydrosulfite
- Intermediate for the manufacture of formic acid and oxalic acid
- Manufacture of N,N-Dimethylformamide
- De-icing agent
- Oilfield services
- Work-over fluids
- Other end uses
On the basis of application, the sodium formate market is segmented as follows:
- Food & beverage
- Oil & gas
- Other applications
Examples of some of the market participants in the sodium formate market are as follows:
- BASF SE
- Perstorp Orgnr
- Honeywell International Inc.
- TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Avantor Performance Materials, LLC
- Vertellus Holdings LLC
- Kanoria Chemicals & Industries Ltd.
- Alder S.p.A
- Asian Paints
- Acros Organics
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.