This Stomach Cancer market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Stomach Cancer market.
Stomach Cancer is a fourth most common cancer globally in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the lining of the stomach. Major cause for the developing stomach cancer is not known exactly, But bacterium Helicobacter pylori is one of the main cause of stomach cancer. Smoking and ulcer are few factors leading to stomach cancer. Other factors such as age, diet, and stomach disease can affect the risk of developing stomach cancer. Symptoms of stomach cancer include indigestion and stomach discomfort or pain. Tests that examine the stomach and esophagus are used to detect (find) and diagnose Stomach cancer. Certain factors affect prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options. Stomach cancer is the fifth most widely prevalent cancer in the world causing almost 700,000 deaths globally per year.
Stomach Cancer Market: Drivers and Restraints
Stomach cancer market is growing rapidly due to increasing incidence of adenocarcinoma, lymphoma and gastrointestinal stromal tumors across the globe. Major drivers for the stomach cancer market are treatment advancements, combination therapies, increasing number of cancer treatment centers, large number of regulatory approvals for metastatic gastric cancer and low dose radiation technology based devices. Furthermore, the launch of novel therapies for metastatic stomach cancer is expected to drive the growth of the market in the near future. However lack of adequate financial assistance from health insurance policies and stringent regulatory procedures for approving complex nature of radiation devices are the major factors that can hamper the stomach cancer market growth over the forecast period. Other factors such as high cost of therapy and commercially less availability of drugs for the treatment of stomach cancer may hinders the global stomach cancer market.
Stomach Cancer Market: Overview
Stomach Cancer market is growing with a significant CAGR due to its high adoption rate in patient specific treatment of gastric cancer by most recent treatment options from surgery to chemotherapy. Developing countries are growing with a higher CAGR compared to other parts of the world. By end use, hospitals and specialized cancer treatment centers segments are expected to account for around 50% share in the global stomach cancer market and the trend is forecast to continue through 2026. Based on treatment type, targeted therapy is expected to register above average CAGR over the forecast period owing to providing innovative techniques such as stem cell therapy, immunotherapy or enzyme therapy.
Stomach Cancer Market: Region-wise Outlook
Depending on geographic region, global stomach cancer market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. Asia-Pacific followed by Latin America are the leading markets for stomach cancer treatment market owing to the large patient base of stomach cancer. According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, in 2012, Japan accounted for the largest market share of approximately 24.7% in the global stomach cancer treatment market due to high consumption of salty and pickled foods. It’s not just Japan (31.1 new cases /100,000), other countries such as South Korea (41.4), China (29.9), and Mongolia (34) have very high incidence rates of stomach cancer. In the year 2011, 354,829 cases of stomach cancer were diagnosed in China which makes the country a lucrative market for stomach cancer treatment. However, stomach cancer treatment market in North America and Africa is expected to witness sluggish growth due to low incidence rate of stomach cancer.
Market: Key Players
Key players in the Stomach Cancer Market include Eli Lilly and company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck KGaA, Novartis International AG and Otsuka Holdings Co. Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Stomach Cancer Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Stomach Cancer Market: Segmentation
The global stomach cancer market is classified on the basis of treatment type, end use and geography.
Based on treatment type, global stomach cancer market is segmented into the following:
- Targeted drugs therapy
- Sunitinib (Sutent)
- Trastuzumab (Herceptin)
- Imatinib (Gleevec)
- Chemo Therapy
- Adjuvant chemotherapy
- Radiation therapy
Based on treatment type, global stomach cancer market is segmented into the following:
- Specialized Cancer Treatment Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Stomach Cancer Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Stomach Cancer Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Stomach Cancer Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Stomach Cancer Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)