This Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment market.
Bioprocessing referred as biopharmaceutical manufacturing, is a part of bioprocess engineering which aims at establishing reproducible and robust manufacturing process for the production of therapeutic cells. The products of bioprocess are of high commercial value and targeted application. Bioprocess Manufacturing is differentiated into two major processes: Upstream and Downstream. The Upstream process involves steps such as media development, cell culture, and development, harvesting of cells and fermentation. This process is done under the stringent aseptic condition, and particular temperature and pH levels are maintained throughout the process. Cell Banking is also done by upstream processes. The primary objective upstream processes are to provide an environment necessary for the growth of cells. Since the upstream process is a part of bio manufacturing process, it involves the production of therapeutic proteins, antibiotics, hormones, enzymes, blood substitutes, and vaccines. Many of the diseases like lymphoma, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes mellitus and growth hormone insufficiency that can be treated by specific proteins produced from bioprocesses. There are two types of cells used in the bioprocessing equipment, mammalian cells, and bacterial cells.
Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment Market: Drivers and Restraints
As the prevalence and incidence of chronic diseases have increased, there is a need to increase the production of substances to cure them. With innovation in technology, equipment with the well-established production system, providing high-quality biologic drugs and increased productivity is possible. This, in turn, increases the usage of upstream processing equipment which drives the biopharmaceutical market. Along with this increase in the need for cell therapy research, drug discovery, antibody production, monoclonal antibody and recombinant productions are also the major drivers for the upstream bioprocessing equipment market. However, the high cost incurred in setting up an upstream processing unit, its maintenance as the current challenge is to eliminate the contamination and the space required for the setup are the major restraining factors for the growth the Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment.
Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment Market: Segmentation
The upstream bioprocessing equipment market can be segmented according to the type of cell used, type of processing, by product, by end users, and by geography. By type of cell, the upstream bioprocessing equipment is segmented as mammalian cell and bacterial cell. According to the processing, the market is segmented into disposable, single - use bioprocessing system and continuous bioprocessing systems. By type of product the bioreactors and fermenters. By end users, the upstream bioprocessing equipment market is segmented into biopharmaceutical manufacturing companies and research organizations. Geographical segmentation is North America, West Europe, APEJ, Japan, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Middle East and Africa.
Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment Market: Overview
The Single-use bioprocessing units are the major drivers in the coming decade as single-use bioprocessing units eliminated the risk of contamination. It also reduces the time required for the sterilization between batch which in turn also increases the efficacy. Over a decade disposable and single - use processing units have gained momentum as it is possible to develop a small amount of drugs used for pre - clinical and clinical testing. The future in the upstream bioprocessing system is single - bioprocessing units as it has all kinds of the system used in upstream processing such as bioreactors, membrane absorbers, bioprocess containers, disposable mixers, and samplers.
Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment Market: Regional Overview
Geographically the market for bioprocessing equipment is increasing globally. The U.S. and Europe been the strong regions for the growth of upstream processes equipment has it has shown double-digit growth over last year. In U.S. the Single-use bioprocessing units have grown significantly when compared to continuous bioprocessing system. Along with Europe and U.S., the emerging markets like Asia Pacific and the Middle East and Africa shows great potential for the growth of upstream bioprocessing equipment market. Japanese beverage, food and pharmaceutical industry are diversifying into high-value products which boosted the growth of upstream bioprocessing equipment in Japan. The government in Japan also provides financial support for research and development to industry players for the growth, which enables the industry to prosper.
Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment Market: Key Players
The top players in the Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment market are GE Healthcare, Merck KGaA, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co.KG, Thermo Fisher Scientific, BiOZEEN and Katalyst Bio Engineering
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Upstream Bioprocessing Equipment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)