This Ureteral Stent market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Ureteral Stent market.
Ureteral stents are medical devices made up of fine plastic tube. They are thin, flexible tubes which are used to restore urine flow through blocked ureters due to various disorders. These are placed in ureters through a surgical procedure commonly known as Ureteral stenting. One end of the device is placed in the urinary bladder while other end remains in kidney. The ends may be coiled to prevent dislocation of device. The stent is most often left in temporarily till the blockage is removed. Innovative interface platforms available in market for stent case management and patient safety has been useful for both physicians and patients. Epidemiological data reveals that the prevalence of stone disease is increasing which indicates that demand of ureter stents would increase in future.
Ureteral Stent Market: Drivers and Restraints
The key contributor to the growth of global ureteral stents include increasing number of urological procedures owing to sedentary life style and expanding elder population base. Poor dietary habits and fluid intake, increasing obesity levels and rising caseload of metabolic disorders may fuel the rate of market growth. Advancements in stents composition materials leading to minimise patient discomfort, mesh stent design and construction can give additional favour to the market. Availability of innovative smart phone applications has boost the growth of the market for stent case management and patient safety, which are useful for both physicians and patients. Complex procedure of stent placement, lack of skilled surgeons, complications after removal of the stent and discomfort in living with a ureteral stent with side effects such as increased frequency of passing urine and urgency to pass urine are the major restraints for ureteral stents market growth.
Ureteral Stent Market: Overview
Global ureteral stents market is consolidated with a very few number of players. Boston Scientific, Bard Medical, Cook Medical, Coloplast are some of the key global players in the market. Boston Scientific acquired Endo international in 2015 representing its plans to grow. New players such as Allium Medical have established themselves very well in the market with their novel promising products. New players enter the market with some novelty in their products, which may be related to their composition material, user friendly communication interface platforms and better bio-compatibility.
Ureteral Stent Market: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically, ureteral stent market is segmented into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East and Africa. Developed markets like North America and Europe are expected to witness robust growth due to increased number of urological surgeries, presence of key global players in the region and continuous research and development projects. Asia Pacific is projected to register positive growth owing to favourable patient demographics and developing healthcare infrastructure in the region. The lack of urologists and insufficient proper training is expected to negatively impact the ureteral stents market in Africa. For instance, in Nigeria, a population of 170 million have only 130 urologists. On the other hand, Middle East hospitals are providing better global urology services, a positive sign for market growth.
Ureteral Stent Market: Key Players
The key players in the global ureteral stent market include Boston Scientific, Bard Medical, Cook Medical, Coloplast, B.Barun, Applied Medical, Allium Medical, Teleflex, Urotech, Urovision, Opti-Med, Goharshafa, Surgimedik, Mednova, Taewoong Medical and Prosurg.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Ureteral Stent Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Ureteral Stent Market: Segmentation
Global ureteral stent market has been segmented on the basis of type, application, end user and region.
Based on the type, the global ureteral stent market is segmented into:
- Open end stents
- Closed end stents
- Double pigtail stents
- Multiloop stents
Based on the composition material, the global ureteral stent market is segmented into:
- Polyurethane stents
- Silicone stents
- Hydrogel stents
- Plastic stents
- Metal stents
- Coated Stents
Based on the application, the ureteral stent market is segmented into:
Based on the end user, ureteral stent market is segmented into the following:
- Gastrointestinal surgery clinics
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Ureteral Stent Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Ureteral Stent Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Ureteral Stent Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Ureteral Stent Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)