Whole Grain and Legume-Based Vegan Pasta - Rich Nutritional Content, Low Gluten
Myriads of evidence presented that refined carbs pose various risks to human health, including obesity, heart disease, and inflammation. Food manufacturers are rushing to innovation in the space, developing healthier food products including pasta derived from ingredients, such as whole grains and legumes. Organic vegan pasta - spaghetti - consists of a single ingredient - USDA-certified organic brown rice. In addition, the brown rice vegan pasta is gluten-free, minimizing health-related issues, particularly for consumers suffering from gluten-intolerance. Vegan pasta sourced from legumes encompass lentils – black, red, or green – offering a treasure of nutrients, including protein and fiber (in ample amount) along with various vital nutrients - calcium, iron, and vitamin B6.
Penne and elbows made with quinoa, and black or green lentils provide 20 grams of protein a serving, accompanied by 7g of fiber and affluence of iron. In addition, vegan penne and elbows are non-GMO proven. Although wheat vegan pasta contains gluten, the pasta delivers higher protein and lesser starch versus commercial wheat. The wheat-sourced vegan pasta exhibits richness in antioxidants and minerals - zinc, manganese, magnesium, and iron.
Vegan Pasta Market - Key Research Findings
- The global vegan pasta market in 2019 is estimated to be valued at ~ US$ 136 Mn.
- The vegan pasta market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of ~ 9% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- The demand for organic certified vegan pasta products is high as compared to the conventional vegan pasta that is available in the market.
- The penetration of organic vegan pasta is relatively low than the conventional variants. However, among vegan products that are available in the market, the organic certified vegan pasta is consumed more than the conventional one.
- Manufacturers are also focusing on receiving certifications for both, due to ongoing changes in consumers' demand. Most of the products that are launched in the recent times that are certified vegan also contain organic certification.
- North America has a high share in the consumption and production of vegan pasta. The consumption is also high in Europe. But the vegan pasta market in North America has high growth rate, and market consolidation in the region will remain key to gaining distinct competitive edge.
- In South Asia, the vegan food market has not penetrated as much as in developed countries and this regional market is expected to have low growth rate for the upcoming years.
- As the vegan pasta market is in its introductory phase in most of the countries of the globe, there is high opportunity to grow in this market and the manufacturers are continuously launching new products to cater to the changing demands of the consumers.
Key Factors Shaping the Vegan Pasta Market
- Growing Popularity of Vegan Pasta among Millennials
Vegan pasta has gained considerable traction in the past few years, and is still a premium product. But, due to the rise in the shift of eating patterns among millennials and more and more consumers becoming vegan or flexitarians, the demand for vegan pasta is expected to increase in the years ahead. However, most of the older population still prefers traditional pasta to other variations that are available in the market.
- Presence of Specialty Vegan Stores
Consumers get to know if a product is vegan or not from certifications that are available on the label of the product. Consumers while buying vegan pasta in a regular hypermarkets or supermarkets have to look through products extensively. However, there has been a rise in the launch of specialty stores that only sell an extensive range of vegan products. This trend is observed more in the U.S. and Australia. This is expected to increase the demand for vegan pasta in these regions. The changing demand of consumers has prompted the hypermarkets and supermarkets in these regions to open a separate aisle for vegan products.
- Developed Regions Remain the Largest Markets for Vegan Pasta, Followed by Oceania
Pasta consumption is very high across the globe. But the changing trends and rising health-conscious consumers have led manufacturers to launch products such as vegan pasta catering to consumers’ demand. Vegan pasta is quite popular among consumers in North America and Europe. This is because consumers here are well aware of product such as vegan pasta that are available in the market and the new product launches and are willing to buy products at premium prices as well. The penetration of vegan pasta is relatively less in Oceania. However, the scenario may change in the coming years with emergence of Australia as the third largest vegan product consuming countries in the world, opening a wide window of opportunities for the market players.
Vegan Pasta Market Structure Analysis
- Key manufacturers such as Barilla Group, and TreeHouse Foods Inc., in the vegan pasta market are trying to increase their global presence in developing countries.
- Tier I players include Barilla Group, TreeHouse Foods Inc., George DeLallo Company, Windmill Organics, etc., which account for ~10% share in the global vegan pasta market.
- Tier II players include Dakota Growers Pasta Co., Schnitzer GmbH & Co. KG, MXO Global, Inc. (Tolerant Organics), Seggiano, Pastificio Lucio Garofalo S.p.A., Bionaturae LLC, and some other players.
- Tier III usually consists of unorganized players in the vegan pasta market.
Leveraging the Vegan Trend with Claim
The veganism trend peaked in 2018, boosting a number of businesses in the vegan category. Vegan pasta, one of these beneficiaries, has been especially garnering attention since then as pasta has already been among the most favored convenience foods, globally. Fresh pasta served at restaurants and cafés usually contains eggs. However, although a majority of packaged pasta seemingly contains ingredients that are plant-based, it would be an overstatement to refer to them all as 'vegan'. Popular brands leading the way in vegan pasta market such as Barilla, Ronzoni, Explore Cuisine, and Mueller's currently offer a variety of pasta with the authenticated vegan claim. These brands prominently see their vegan pasta selling at the all-vegan sections of Walmart, Whole Foods, and Costco. On the other side, consumers following a vegan or vegetarian diet ought to recheck the ingredients mentioned on packets of store bought pasta. Still in its infancy, vegan pasta market is expected to see robust growth in the near future.
Intensifying Wave of Meat-Free Products in North America and Europe Attracts Market Players
Reports suggest that the production of vegan products in Europe is witnessing a two-fold growth, with the UK topping the list, replacing Germany. About a fourth of consumers in Canada are shifting towards a vegan diet. The demand for plant-based consumables in the US is significantly increasing - ~30% in 2018 – a staunch indicator for vegan pasta producers.
The certifications available on the label of food products provide insights to the consumers regarding vegan or meat-based. Conventional supermarkets incorporate a broad array of food products, making consumers look thoroughly before purchasing the food items. Specialty stores in countries, including the US, are being launched strictly offering a wide range of vegan consumables. As such, manufacturers of vegan pasta set their focus on penetrating into specialty stores.
* This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in report.
Stakeholders Leverage B2C Sales Channel and Specialty Stores for Expanded Footprint
Recent surveys find that consumers believe that vegan food items are overpriced, or various food outlets offer limited vegan servings. Citing the opportunity, market forces are targeting the distribution of vegan pasta via indirect sales channel – business to consumer – to achieve an expanded consumer base. With specialty stores snowballing in developed countries, vegan pasta makers are walking the extra mile to sell the offerings through specialty stores comprehensively. The movement of plant-based consumables is intensifying in countries including the UK, the US, and Australia – a factor driving competitors to channelize vegan pasta to these regions.
High demand for dried
Fresh to pick pace
Organic witnessing high traction
Increasing demand for conventional
Elbows remain sought-after
Filled pasta to gain momentum
Surging adoption of indirect (B2C)
Direct (B2B) gaining wide acceptance
How Growth will Unfold
With the message of vegan and veganism spreading like wildfire across the globe, legacy pasta makers are inclining towards providing plant-based or vegan pasta in a bid to serve the vegan consumers. The demand for healthy and clean label food products is spectating a major uplift, motivating pasta makers to focus on the production of vegan line-ups. Consumers holding intolerance towards gluten tend to shift away from gluten-based products, particularly meat-based consumables. As a consequence, vegan pasta is set to make forays into the diet of health-conscious and vegan consumers. Although 3D printing technology is in its emerging stage in the food industry, early birds are expected to gain an edge over their market competitors.
* This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in report.Click Here To Know How The Growth Will Unfold
Custom Market Research Services
FMI offers custom market research services that help clients to get information on their business scenario required where syndicated solutions are not enough.
Vegan Pasta Market Analysis 2019 - 2029
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights “Vegan Pasta Market: Global Industry Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029” offers a comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics. After conducting thorough research on the historical, as well as current growth parameters of the vegan pasta market, the growth prospects of the market are obtained with maximum precision.
Vegan Pasta Market Taxonomy
The global vegan pasta market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to the reader.
- Others (Fava Beans, Quinoa, etc.)
- Fettuccine & Linguine
- Filled Pasta
- Others (Angel Hair, Farfalle, etc.)
- Packets & Pouches
- Direct (B2B)
- Indirect (B2C)
- Hypermarkets/ Supermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Discount Stores
- Food and Drink Specialty Stores
- Independent Small Groceries
- E-Commerce (Online Retail)
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa
The executive summary of the vegan pasta market includes the market country analysis, proprietary wheel of fortune, demand-side and supply-side trends, opportunity assessment and the recommendations on the global vegan pasta market.
Readers can find the detailed segmentation and definition of the vegan pasta market in this chapter, which will help them understand the basic information about the vegan pasta market. This section also highlights the inclusions and exclusions, which help the reader understand the scope of the vegan pasta market report.
Readers can find the detailed segmentation and definition of the vegan pasta market in this chapter. The associated industry assessment of the vegan pasta market is also carried out such as market trends, market dynamics, trade analysis, supply and value chain. The consumer perception on vegan pasta are explained in the segments consumer survey analysis and social media sentiment analysis of this chapter. This also highlights price point assessment by source, the average price of different types of vegan pasta in different regions throughout the globe and its forecast till 2029. The factors influencing the prices of the vegan pasta are also explained in this section.
This chapter explains how the vegan pasta market will grow across the globe in various segments. Based on category, the vegan pasta market is segmented into fresh and dried. Based on source, the vegan pasta market is segmented into wheat, rice, legumes, buckwheat, oats and other sources. Based on product, the vegan pasta market is segmented as penne, spaghetti, elbows, fettuccine & linguine, filled pasta and other pasta types. Based on packaging, the vegan pasta market is segmented into boxes, trays and packets and pouches. Based on nature, the vegan pasta market is segmented into organic and conventional. Based on distribution channel, the vegan pasta market is segmented into direct sales and indirect sales. Based on region, the vegan pasta market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia South Asia, Oceania and Middle East and Africa.
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the North America market, along with a country-wise assessment that includes the U.S. and Canada. Readers can also find regional trends, regulations, and market growth based on end users and countries in North America.
Readers can find detailed information about several factors, such as the pricing analysis and regional trends, which are impacting the growth of the Latin America vegan pasta market. This chapter also includes the growth prospects of the vegan pasta market in leading LATAM countries such as Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Rest of Latin America.
Important growth prospects of the vegan pasta market based on its end users in several countries such as EU-4, the U.K., Nordic, Benelux, Poland, Russia and the Rest of Europe are included in this chapter.
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the East Asia vegan pasta market, along with a country-wise assessment that includes China, Japan, and South Korea. Readers can also find regional trends, regulations, and market growth based on end users and countries in East Asia.
India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore are the leading countries in the South Asia region that are prime subjects of assessment to obtain the growth prospects of the South Asia vegan pasta market in this chapter. Readers can find detailed information about the growth parameters of the South Asia vegan pasta market during the period 2019 - 2029.
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the Oceania vegan pasta market, along with a country-wise assessment that includes Australia and New Zealand. Readers can also find regional trends, regulations, and market growth based on end users and countries in Oceania.
This chapter provides information about how the vegan pasta market will grow in major countries in the MEA region such as GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey and Rest of MEA, during the forecast period 2019 - 2029.
In this chapter, readers can find detailed information about tier analysis and market concentration of the key players in the vegan pasta market along with their market presence analysis by region and product portfolio. Also, readers can find a comprehensive list of all leading stakeholders in the vegan pasta market, along with detailed information about each company, which includes the company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are Barilla Group, TreeHouse Foods Inc., George DeLallo Company, Windmill Organics, Dakota Growers Pasta Co., Schnitzer GmbH & Co. KG, MXO Global, Inc. (Tolerant Organics), Seggiano, Pastificio Lucio Garofalo S.p.A., Bionaturae LLC and many others.
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provide a base to the information and statistics included in the vegan pasta report.
This chapter helps readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain various conclusions, as well as important qualitative and quantitative information about the vegan pasta market.
How the research was conducted?
- C - Level Executives
- Marketing Directors
- Sales Heads
- Production Managers
- Distributors Heads
- Sales Executives
- Product Manufacturers
- Industry Experts
- End Users
- Current Market Dynamics and Challenges
- Market Characteristics
- Market Performance and Growth Quadrants
- Competition Structure and Market Structure
- Strategic Growth Initiatives
- Near-term and Long-term Market Growth Prospects
- Market Segment Splits and Authenticity
- Opinions on Market Projections and Validity Of Assumptions
- Industry Publications
- Industrial Week
- Industrial Product Review
- Industrial Magazine
- Industry Associations
- Organic Trade Association
- United States Department of Agriculture
- International Association for Food Products
- Company Press Releases
- Annual Reports and Investor Presentations
- Research Papers
- Government Websites and Publications
- Trade Websites
Primary Interview Splits
Vegan Pasta Market Reports - Table of Contents
3. Key Trends Impacting the Market
4. Product Innovation / Development Trends
5. Product Oriented Market Buzz
7. Key Success Factors
8. Consumer Behaviour Analysis
9. Global Pasta Market- Trade Analysis
28. Assumptions and Acronyms Used
29. Research Methodology