3D Motion Capture Market By System (Optical 3D Motion Capture Systems, Non-optical 3D Motion Capture Systems), Component (Hardware, Software, Services), Application (Media and Entertainment, Biomechanical Research and Medical, Education, Automotive, Manufacturing, BFSI, IT and Telecommunication, Retail and Wholesale, Travel and Hospitality) & Region - Forecast to 2018 – 2028
Global 3D Motion Capture Market - Analysis, Outlook, Growth, Trends, Forecasts
- May 2019
- 258 pages
Key Factors Influencing the Global 3D Motion Capture Market
Quicker Delivery of the Final Animation
The amount of digital material required to be refined after the 3D motion capture process is limited only to the actor whose motion is being captured, and this amount does not change based on the complexity or duration of the action taking place. 3D motion capture technology makes it possible to perform several tests before the animation is finished completely.
This aspect of the 3D motion capture technology reduces the remaking process expenditure, as compared to other methods of animation, and facilitates quicker delivery. This reduction of cost is estimated to motivate market players in the media and entertainment industry to procure 3D motion capture equipment during the forecast period.
Limited Format Variations
Currently, there are still some difficulties in establishing proportional differences between an actor and the animated object. The digitally animated character can be much larger than the actor’s actual body, thus generating an overlap of members during the 3D motion capture process. There are non-effective ways that transcribe the captured motion to an animated character that has no humanoid form.
This factor, in turn, demands extreme and repetitive corrections from animators. Sometimes, due to consistent imperfections, animators are forced to adopt other methods for creating animation instead of 3D motion capture technology. This is among factors that are estimated to challenge the growth of the global 3D motion capture market during the forecast period.
3D Motion Capture Market Structure Analysis
- Some of the top participants in the global 3D motion capture market include Xsens, Vicon Motion Systems Ltd., PTI Phoenix Technologies Inc., Qualisys AB, Motion Analysis, Codamotion, OptiTrack (NaturalPoint, Inc.), Noitom Ltd., Tracklab (Organic Motion), IKINEMA, and Rokoko, among others
- Some of the key 3D motion capture platform providers in the global 3D motion capture market offer the option of developing rigged characters that are all set for efficient performance capture and rapidly simulate sophisticated 3D motion to reduce expenditure and rework delays
- It is imperative for stand-alone 3D motion capture platform vendors in the global 3D motion capture market to focus continuously on market trends in order to come up with 3D motion capture solutions that showcase better value proposition with regards to the features offered. 3D motion capture platform vendors are focusing on providing improved user interface and user engagement throughout the next generation of 3D motion capture solutions
- The ongoing trend of acquisitions and merger deals among stand-alone 3D motion capture vendors and well-established 3D motion capture software and service providers is estimated to promote growth and revenue generation in the global 3D motion capture market
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
3D Motion Capture – Evolving on Consumer Interest in Immersive Entertainment
3D motion capture systems witnessed unabated advancements, from the primitive rotoscoping to the currently popular AR and VR technologies. As consumers continue to show high engrossment in immersive, high-quality motion pictures, it is highly likely that future evolution of the 3D motion capture technology will be spectacular.
Market Set to Grow 3.3X between 2018 and 2028
Uses of 3D motion capture technology extend beyond the media & entertainment industry to biomechanical research and engineering design, as the need for developing effective & accurate animation along with real-time functionalities continue to grow across these sectors. 3D motion capture industry will continue on an upward spiral, simplifying and optimizing the development of 3D CGI characters, and enhancing the kinesiology research to improve performance of athletes.
Waves of Opportunity in Emerging Markets
Opportunities abound for 3D motion capture systems in emerging markets, as the convergence of media & telecom and technology continues to intensify in these countries to engage customers. Stakeholders are putting efforts to leverage the latent potential of the developing media industry in these markets, with a wide range of affordable motion capture systems and components.
The Broader Perspective
Focus of stakeholders on strategic product launches and constant upgradation in line with research activities apropos of innovative accessories. Direct-to-customer sales remains a vital distribution platform for 3D motion capture system developers, to prevent unorganized players from eating into their shares.
The Growth Curvature Moving Forward
Media & entertainment industry continues to lead the way in the 3D motion capture market, as the focus on leveraging consumer interest in immersive entertainment grows strong among stakeholders. Biomechanical research and medical applications also hold potential opportunities for the market players, as these systems have emerged as a boon for sports biomechanics and rehabilitation settings.
Additionally, growing popularity of these systems as enablers of effective and successful training processes, along with their effectiveness in providing an expanded view of component designs, allude at promising adoption in engineering design and industrial applications.
3D MOTION CAPTURE MARKET TAXONOMY
The global 3D motion capture market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader.
- Optical 3D Motion Capture Systems
- Non-optical 3D Motion Capture Systems
- Media and Entertainment
- Film Production and Advertising
- Live Performances, Shows and Stage Productions
- Biomechanical Research and Medical
- Sports Science
- Neurology, Psychology, Rehabilitation and Posture Analysis
- Animal Science
- Clinical Gait Analysis
- MRI and Surgery
- Engineering Design and Industrial Applications
- Unmanned Systems and Robotics
- Military Training
- Marine and Underwater
- IT and Telecommunication
- Retail and Wholesale
- Travel and Hospitality
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa