This Aluminum Free Natural Food Color market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Aluminum Free Natural Food Color market.
Aluminum-free Natural Food Color Market – Introduction
Dyes, pigments, and substances which impart color to food and beverages are known as coloring additive or food colors. Available as liquid, gels, and powder food coloring is used in both commercial and domestic production of eatables and beverages.
Consumers continue to associate the taste of food products with its color which is a vital factor F&B companies are increasingly using food coloring to make their products more presentable and marketable. Aluminum lakes are being increasingly used in the production of food coloring owing to their dispersible nature enabling them to mix with oil, fat, propylene glycol, and glycerin and water. However, concerns regarding the adverse impact of aluminum consumption on human health are creating a demand for natural food colors.
Aluminum-free Natural Food Color Market Dynamics
Health Concerns Surrounding Prolonged Aluminum Consumption to Uphold Market Growth
Although aluminum has been approved for use in food coloring, it is widely identified as a neurotoxin proven to impact over 200 biological functions of the body. The metal accumulates in the human system over periods of time and can have adverse consequences on human health. Numerous studies suggest that prolonged accumulation of aluminum in the body can potentially cause neurodegenerative diseases such as dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). In addition, aluminum competes with other minerals for absorption into the bloodstream. This can significantly deter calcium absorption in bones and impact skeletal mineralization. Further, studies have linked the accumulation of metal in the body to the development of autism and slowdown of growth in kids. Growing awareness about the adverse impact of aluminum on human health is prompting food and beverage companies to seek alternatives to food color containing aluminum. A recent development complementing the trend was the release of a survey conducted Federal Institute of Risk Assessment, Germany which revealed that approximately half of the German population avoids the use of aluminum-based products. The factor is estimated to play a vital role in aluminum-free natural food color market growth during the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
“Clean Label” and “Mindful Choices” Trends to Push Uptake of Aluminum-free Natural Colors
Consumers around the world are increasingly becoming more conscious about the food products they consume and are demanding transparency in food production processes. Consequently, “mindful choices” and “clean label” trends are gradually gaining traction. Coupled with the growing awareness about the adverse impact of aluminum on human health, the trends are expected to drive food processing companies to replace artificial and synthetic coloring with their natural alternatives. Additionally, the burgeoning demand for naturally sourced ingredients for food products and the widespread consumer perception associating natural with healthy is driving manufacturers to increasingly replace aluminum-based food coloring in their products. The factor is expected to contribute significantly to the aluminum-free natural food color market growth with consumers increasingly preferring brands which provide detailed insights into their supply chain management.
Innovations in Natural Food Color Development to Drive Adoption
Aluminum lakes find widespread usage in the production of blue pigment for food coloring. Intensifying research and development towards finding natural sources for blue color is likely to accelerate adoption of aluminum-free natural food color. For instance, recent research in the area is studying the potential of deriving blue color from fungal, animal, and microbial sources. In addition, the aluminum-free natural food colors are also finding widespread adoption in the food and beverages industry owing to the nutritional benefits offered by them which are central to marketing campaigns of companies vying to capitalize on the burgeoning demand for natural products. Technical breakthroughs in the production of natural food colors are further expected to underpin aluminum-free natural food color market growth. For instance, Phytolon, an emerging company in the food color market, obtained the license for using plant-based genes known as betalains for the production of a variety of natural colors. The company revealed that they will be leveraging a novel technique employing the use of yeast for the commercial production of natural food color. Burgeoning investments in natural food color production and accelerated sophistication of production processes is estimated to fuel aluminum-free natural food color market growth.
Inefficient Functionality and Lower Shelf-life of Natural Colors to Dent Sales
Natural food colorings are unstable and exhibit low heat resistance. In addition, the coloring can fade easily and undergo a change in properties when subjected to light and different pH levels. Being derived from natural sources, natural food coloring can cause allergic reactions. Furthermore, the overall cost of production of natural food colors is substantially higher than its synthetic counterparts. The requirement of a vast amount of raw materials in plants, fruits, and other natural sources makes the production of natural colors both expensive and non-sustainable. These factors are restraining the widespread adoption of natural colors in commercial food processing and continue to pose a daunting challenge to manufacturers operating in the aluminum-free natural food color market.
Aluminum-free natural food color market – Notable Highlights
- Naturex, a key player in the aluminum-free natural food color market, launched a new line of natural food colors named “Vegebite Ultimate Spirulina”. The product line features blue and green colors sourced from spirulina for confectionary and beverages with the colors being available in liquid and powder form.
- Increasing collaborations in the aluminum-free natural food color market received a huge boost when Exberry and GNT group launched the Sunshine Shades range of natural food coloring. Under the product line, the company will be launching natural colors ranging from bright yellow to dark orange which can potentially replace yellow food coloring manufactured using aluminum lakes.
- The trend for significantly reducing the use of aluminum lakes in food color manufacturing saw another key development when Roha announced the launch of its Natracol Vibra Yellow color for use in the food products such as gummies, candies, and dairy products.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Aluminum-free natural food color market Market Segments
- Aluminum-free natural food color market Market Dynamics
- Aluminum-free natural food color market Market Size
- Aluminum-free natural food color market Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Aluminum-free natural food color market Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Aluminum-free natural food color market Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Aluminum-free natural food color market
- Value Chain Analysis of the Aluminum-free natural food color market Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Aluminum Free Natural Food Color Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Aluminum-free Natural Food Color Market Segmentation
On the basis of type, the aluminum-free natural food color market can be segmented into:
- Beta Carotene
Based on the end-use application, the aluminum-free natural food color market can be segmented into:
- Processed/Frozen food products
- Dairy Products
- Bakery and Confectionary Products
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the aluminum-free natural food color market market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the aluminum-free natural food color market market
- Competitive landscape of the aluminum-free natural food color market market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on aluminum-free natural food color market market performance
- Must-have information for aluminum-free natural food color market market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Aluminum Free Natural Food Color Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Aluminum Free Natural Food Color Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Aluminum Free Natural Food Color Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Aluminum Free Natural Food Color Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)