This Automated Microbial Detection Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automated Microbial Detection Systems market.
A number of infectious diseases and the increasing number of resistant strains of microorganisms lead to the development of microbial detection kits. However these traditional methods of culturing and then identification is time consuming. Automated microbial detection systems is one solution for this problem. Using these systems the detection process of microorganisms can be done within a few minutes of culturing and the results could be available within a couple of hours. Automated microbial detection systems are automated tools used for the detection of key contaminant microorganisms. These methods allow for preventive controls and faster testing. The results could be obtained within a few hours using the automated microbial detection systems, when compared to the traditional culturing methods.
A number of large and small players provide automated microbial detection systems. Some of them include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Lonza, Pall Corporation, MediRay, BioMeriux and MIDI Inc.
Market Dynamics of Automated Microbial Detection Systems Market
A number of factors drive the growth of the automated microbial detection systems market. Some of these include the increase in incidence of infectious diseases that are coupled with epidemic and pandemic events that occur every year. Increasing food safety concerns is another factor that drives the growth of the automated microbial detection system market. Technology advancements and government initiatives to aid the development of the market further. However, high cost of automated microbial detection systems and complex regulatory framework slightly hinder the growth of the automated microbial detection systems market.
Genotypic Methods are Popularizing
When genotypic methods are applied for the identification of microorganisms it results in specie-specific fingerprints. The genotypic methods of automated microbial detection systems are fast and reliable. New genotypic methods include the use of microchips coated with an array of oligonucleotides that allows rapid identification, by the determination of patterns or sequences that are specific to an organism. DNA sequencing and biochemical sequencing coupled with fluorescent analysis of the product is also being developed for automation.
Automated Microbial Detection Systems in Diagnostic Laboratories
Diagnostic laboratories culture different kinds of samples such as blood and urine for diagnosis of infectious diseases. With the traditional method of culturing and testing the results could take days and the patient may be in distress until then. There is a need to reduce the time required for the detection process. This can be achieved by the use of automated microbial detection systems.
Automated Microbial Detection Systems Market by Technology
Regional Market Outlook
Although North America will continue to hold the largest share in the automated microbial detection systems market, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow with the largest CAGR. The continued focus of the major player towards emerging and Asian countries as well as due to the support of the government in these region leads to development of the automated microbial detection systems market in the region.
Automated Microbial Detection Systems are expensive devices. Thus the Automated Microbial Detection System Market is dominated by large players like Thermo Fisher Scientific, Becton Dickinson, Merck Millipore and Lonza. The other small players include Biomerieux, MIDI Inc and MediRay.
FMI utilizes a triangulation methodology that is primarily based on experimental techniques such as patient-level data, number of procedures and capital equipment install base to obtain precise market estimations and insights on various medical devices and medical technology. Bottom-up approach is always used to obtain insightful data for the specific country/regions. The country specific data is again analysed to derive data at a global level. This methodology ensures high quality and accuracy of information.
Secondary research is used at the initial phase to identify the feasibility of the target products/technology categories and its respective segments, product offerings, usage pattern as per disease indications, product installed base in target healthcare facilities, life span of a device, reimbursement scenario, adoption rate and future impact of new technologies.
Each piece of information is eventually analysed during the entire research project which builds a strong base for the primary research information.
Primary research participants include demand-side users such as key opinion leaders, physicians, surgeons, and supply-side providers of medical devices who provide valuable insights on trends, key treatment patterns, adoption rate, and purchasing pattern, technological development of medical devices, patient education, effectiveness of manufacturers and important strategies, pricing and competitive dynamics.
Quantitative and qualitative assessment of basic factors driving demand, economic factors/cycles and growth rates and strategies utilized by key players in the market is analysed in detail while forecasting, in order to project Year-on-Year growth rates. These Y-o-Y growth projections are checked and aligned as per industry/product lifecycle and further utilized to develop market numbers at a holistic level.
On the other hand, we also analyse various companies annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, 10k reports and press release operating in this market segment to fetch substantial information about the market size, trends, opportunity, drivers, restraints and to analyse key players and their market shares. Key companies are segmented at Tier level based on their revenues, product portfolio and presence.
Please note that these are the partial steps that are being followed while developing the market size. Besides this, forecasting will be done based on our internal proprietary model which also uses different macro-economic factors such as per capita healthcare expenditure, disposable income, industry based demand driving factors impacting the market and its forecast trends apart from disease related factors.
Key data points covered in report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Automated Microbial Detection Systems Market by technology, end user and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa by technology, end use segments and country
- Automated Microbial Detection Systems Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Automated Microbial Detection Systems Market Size & Forecast 2018-2028
- Automated Microbial Detection Systems Market Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automated Microbial Detection Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Phenotypic Methods
- Genotypic Methods
By End user
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industry
- Food & Beverages Industries
- Water & Environment Industries
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Blood Banks
- North America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Shifting industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size, recent industry trends
- Key competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Automated Microbial Detection Systems Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Automated Microbial Detection Systems Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Automated Microbial Detection Systems Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Automated Microbial Detection Systems Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)