This Automotive Energy Storage System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Energy Storage System market.
Growing consumption of fossil fuels for transportation purposes is one of the key reasons behind the upsurge in carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere. The problem of increasing global warming and scarcity of fossil fuels have to lead the development of alternate technologies. This growing demand for alternate technologies is, in turn, driving the growth of the automotive energy storage system market. Energy storage systems are used to store electric energy, which is then released when required. Moreover, increasing adoption of renewable energy resources will create demand for energy storage systems in the transportation sector.
Now days, automotive energy storage systems are attracting a great deal of attention as they are proving to be of great help in the transformation towards a low carbon and clean energy future. In most of the countries, the demand for electric vehicles is increasing day by day. Governments across the globe are providing subsidies, loans and many more benefits for purchasing electric vehicles. For instance, in the U.S., the federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS) provides tax credit of $2,500 to $7,500 on every new purchase of electric vehicles. Similarly, the UK government provides financial support and tax incentives to support the demand for electric vehicles. Given the aforementioned reasons, the demand for electric vehicles will increase, which, in turn, will spur the demand for automotive energy storage systems over the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Growing demand for renewable sources of energy coupled with the rise in environment pollution (greenhouse effect) will drive the demand for automotive energy storage systems in near future. Also, the fact that most governments are providing subsidies and other benefits will also support the growth of the automotive energy storage system market. However, the lack of infrastructure for electric vehicles will indirectly impact this demand. Moreover, the demand for electric vehicles in Asian countries is comparative less than in Europe and North America.
Automotive Energy Storage System Market: Outlook/Trend
Manufacturers are trying to develop new technologies for higher energy store capacity and at a lower cost than lead acid batteries. Some of the new technologies developed include hydrogen vanadium redox, sodium sulphur, nickel metal hydride, nickel cadmium, zinc bromide and lithium ion. Also, most of the vehicle manufacturers are entering into the electric vehicle segment to fulfill the rising demand from customers.
The global automotive energy storage system market is segmented into the seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). As of 2016, the growth in developed regions, such as North America, Western Europe and Japan, was being driven by the expansion of varied industries, such as the automotive industry. Latin America is considered to be one of the key markets for automotive energy storage systems as it is experiencing increasing demand for electric vehicles. The APEJ region will also register rapid growth due to the presence of major OEMs and companies in the region. Also, the demand in the APEJ region can be attributed to the growing adoption of automotive energy storage systems at an increased scale. MEA is also projected to witness steady growth rate over the forecast period
Automotive Energy Storage System Market: Segmentation
Automotive Energy Storage System Market: Market Participants
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Energy Storage System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of vehicle type, the automotive energy storage system market can be segmented into:
- Passenger Car
- Electric Vehicles
- PHEV (Plug in Hybrid Vehicles)
On the basis of product type, the automotive energy storage system market can be segmented into:
- Super Capacitors
On the basis of form, the automotive energy storage system market can be segmented into:
Examples of some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the Automotive Energy Storage System market are:
- Shin-Kobe Electric Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Enersys Inc.
- Johnson Controls Inc.
- GS Yuasa Corporation
- Leoch International Technology Limited
- Exide Technologies
- East Penn Manufacturing Company
- FIAMM S.p.A
- CBS Battery Technologies
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Energy Storage System Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Energy Storage System Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Energy Storage System Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Energy Storage System Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.