This Automotive Optoelectronics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Optoelectronics market.
There has been a paradigm shift in automotive technologies that has given rise to the extensive development of electronic and safety components in automobiles. The dependence of vehicles on electronic components and safety devices has increased rapidly over the past few years, resulting in an increased use of electronic components in vehicles. Optoelectronic components possess the capability to source, detect and control light in an automotive. Electronic components majorly are used in powertrain systems to improve their function and efficiency. These components assists powertrain systems of an automobile to exchange messages, sense signals and control their operations. There are various types of sensors that are used in powertrain systems such as turbine speed sensor, transmission fluid temperature sensor and throttle position sensor.
Optoelectronics are increasingly being used in new cars to automate the vehicle functions such as brake lights and headlights. Optoelectronics is gradually being integrated with automotive safety systems such as night vision where infrared sensors and lens detect objects in low light. Extensive use of electronic components in automobiles has resulted in a considerable dependence on optoelectronics in almost every vehicle manufactured today. The global automotive optoelectronics market is anticipated to witness a healthy growth rate over the forecast period with the increasing penetration rate of image sensors and high capacity batteries in cars coupled with energy efficient LEDs. Regulation supporting the use of LEDs expected to immensely benefit the automotive optoelectronics market over the forecast period. The global automotive optoelectronics market is likely to accelerate with greater use of electronic and hybrid vehicles. Optoelectronics are widely used to isolate the on-board batteries and high-voltage components in vehicles.
Global Automotive Optoelectronics Market: Drivers & Restraints
Increasing production of automobiles globally to drive the growth of global automotive optoelectronics market over the forecast period. Most of the luxury car manufacturers offer advanced safety options to their customers along with options for customization which ultimately fuels the demand for global automotive optoelectronics market. The increase in demand for luxury cars from emerging economies such as Brazil, China and India will contribute to market growth during the forecast period.
Apart from this increase adoption of automotive safety systems globally to fuel the demand for global automotive optoelectronics market over the forecast period. Moreover the cost of LED have also increased due to high cost of raw materials such as steel, aluminium, electronic components, automotive plastics and other resin material. This acts as a major restraint to the growth of global automotive optoelectronic market. Moreover, inorganic compound semiconductors offer superior mechanical, optical and electrical properties and are fostering better prospects for global automotive optoelectronics market.
Global Automotive Optoelectronic Market: Region-wise Outlook
In terms of geography, the global automotive optoelectronic market has been divided in to seven key regions including North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Middle East & Africa and Japan. The global automotive optoelectronic market is anticipated to witness a double digit CAGR over the forecast period. Asia Pacific to be the most attractive market for automotive optoelectronic due to increase in demand for luxury vehicles and rising awareness of safety systems among customer. Western Europe followed by North America are other prominent regions to showcase promising future for automotive optoelectronics by the end of 2025.
Global Automotive Optoelectronics Market: Key Players
Key players in the global automotive optoelectronics market include Avago Technologies, Osram Licht AG, Sharp Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V. Texas Instrument Inc, Autoliv Inc, Foryard Optolectronics Co, FOSP Optoelectronics Co Ltd, OSI Optolectronics AS and Vishay Intertechnology
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, product type, application, channel type and vehicle type.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Optoelectronics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Automotive Optoelectronic Market: Segmentation
On the basis of vehicle type, the global automotive optoelectronic market is segmented into
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV)
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle (HCV)
On the basis of product type,the global automotive optoelectronic market is segmented into
- Infrared component
- Image sensors
- Laser Diodes
On the basis of application, the global automotive optoelectronic market is segmented into
- Position sensors
- Backlight control
- Convenience and safety
On the basis of channel type, the global automotive optoelectronic market is segmented into
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Optoelectronics Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Optoelectronics Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Optoelectronics Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Optoelectronics Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.