This Biometric Driver Identification System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Biometric Driver Identification System market.
Biometric driver identification system is one among recently developed technology and a forward step in active vehicle safety technologies. Enhancing car security systems for occupants as well as pedestrian safety is one of the key priorities for automakers across the globe. Biometric driver identification system identifies the driver based on physiological features and also helps in assessing attention of the driver by monitoring facial or iris scanning technologies. Biometric driver identification system prevents vehicle from any unauthorised access and its monitoring helps in anticipating alertness of the driver. Biometric driver identification system works parallel with route recognition and distraction detection which identifies driver inattention and warns vehicle driver in real time. Thus, ensuring safety of vehicle occupants as well as pedestrians.
Another key feature of biometric driver identification system is concerning personalization of the vehicle. Biometric driver identification system customises cabin comfort of vehicle as per requirement of the driver. Some examples of such features include seat alignment, steering adjustment, temperature of car cabin, rear view and central mirror adjustment etc.
Biometric Driver Identification System: Market Dynamics
Increasing introduction of comfort and safety features in compact, mid-size and economic car models and increasing awareness towards vehicle safety is providing substantial boost to biometric driver identification system market. On end-user front, high net worth individuals usually prefer cars with sophisticated and advanced technology features which makes premium car manufacturers to target such customers with advanced safety features. Such incidences lead to increasing awareness in established or matured economies towards enhanced vehicle safety systems.
Biometric driver identification system is yet to gain grounds in developing region owing to premium price, moderate technology penetration and limited customer awareness. Biometric driver identification system is known by many synonymous names such as biometric driver recognition, biometrics for car safety or biometric driver information system.
Automakers instead of introducing biometric driver identification as a safety feature are more inclined towards introducing it as an advanced technological solution to enhance driving experience and compliment vehicle safety. Biometric driver identification system comes with advanced security features in order to prevent unauthorised usage of driver profiles comprising vehicle information, personalized setting and other behavioural data.
With constant developments in biometric driver identification technology, the system is also capable of restricting driver with certain features to prevent incidences of collision. Compatibility and integration of biometric driver identification system with owner mobile and telematics service provider improves vehicle safety and remote handling capability of automobile. These systems are also capable of monitoring vital health conditions of driver and occupants, in event of any consequences these systems or devices also intimate about status to concerned authorities and can also trigger pre-defined functions in car. All new aforementioned features of biometric driver identification system are anticipated to increase awareness level to great extent among end-users and provide substantial boost to the global market.
Biometric Driver Identification System: Competition Landscape
The global biometric driver identification system competition landscape involves component providers, system providers, integrators and automakers. Examples of some of the companies include Bayometric, Iritech Inc., Marquis ID Systems, Techshino, 3M Cogent Inc., Fulcrum biometrics, Griaule Biometrics, SRI International, and NEC Corporation.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Biometric Driver Identification System Market Segments
- Biometric Driver Identification System Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2014 - 2015
- Biometric Driver Identification System Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Biometric Driver Identification System Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition Landscape
- Value Chain
- Biometric Driver Identification System Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Identity as a Service Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- EU-5 Countries
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Biometric Driver Identification System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Biometric Driver Identification System: Market Segmentation
On the basis of vehicle type, the market can be segmented into:
- Passenger Cars
- Compact and Mid-Size Cars
- Executive Cars
- Premium Cars
- Luxury Cars
- Sport Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Trucks and Busses
On the basis of identification techniques, market segmented into:
- Face Recognition
- Iris Recognition
- Fingerprint Recognition
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Biometric Driver Identification System Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Biometric Driver Identification System Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Biometric Driver Identification System Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Biometric Driver Identification System Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.