This Continuously Variable Transmission market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Continuously Variable Transmission market.
Continuously Variable Transmission Market: Introduction:
Continuously Variable Transmission allows the vehicle’s engine to run for a range of vehicle speeds at its most efficient revolutions per minute (RPM). Unlike automatic transmission and manual gearbox, continuously variable transmission does not offer fixed gear ratios to ensure maximum fuel efficiency during the drive. Furthermore, no shifting of gears offering smooth transmission changes, compact design, and large gear ratio leading to low fuel consumption are some of the factors which are expected to drive the global continuously variable transmission market. Moreover, attainment of maximum speed at low engine speeds, leading to fuel saving, and efficient ploughing drive with precise work of the power take off are the advantages of a continuously variable transmission over conventional transmissions. Of the two type of transmissions, chain-driven transmission are considered suitable for passenger cars and are popularly used to attain maximum speed at low engine speeds. Other significant features of continuously variable transmission such as small size, low weight, and fewer moving parts over conventional transmission is further estimated to spur the continuously variable transmission market growth. As the continuously variable transmission are now replacing manual and automatic transmission, the OEMs such as Toyota, Honda, Audi, among others are introducing new belt-and-pulley transmission as the standard equipment for their car range due to 10 to 15% better gas mileage and 30-40% reduction in friction.
Continuously Variable Transmission Market: Dynamics:
Compact and cost-efficient design, optimized performance, and better driving dynamics due to no interruptions to tractive power are some of the factors which are estimated to drive the global continuously variable transmission market during the forecast period. Furthermore, growing demand for environmental friendly technologies, efficient transmission options, and low emissions along with fuel efficiency are other driving factors in the global continuously variable transmission market over the forecast period. Moreover, no moving parts due to absence of gears for creating gear ratios in a continuously variable transmission require low maintenance and better durability is further expected to enhance the global continuously variable transmission market during the next decade.
Unlike step-type automatic transmission (AT) which have friction plates with paper or cellulose friction material, continuously variable transmission employ steel-to-steel interface requiring high film strength, strong wear protection, and friction properties, which is expected to hamper the growth of global continuously variable transmission market. Furthermore, lack of power handling as compared to conventional transmission and requirement of high cost transmission fluids are further expected to hinder the growth of global continuously variable transmission market during the forecast period.
Continuously Variable Transmission Market: Region-wise Outlook:
The popularity of continuously variable transmission across the globe highly depend upon the consumer preferences and how local legislations are influencing engine capacity and vehicle size. Japan has adopted continuously variable transmission technology earlier due to better suitability of simple CVT with limited torque capacity. Furthermore, increasing automotive industry in Asia Pacific, majorly in China and India, is expected to register substantial growth during the forecast period. North America, on the other hand, suffered from high unit costs and poor performance transmission systems earlier, but with the introduction of advanced transmission are estimated to drive the North America growth over the forecast period. Moreover, Europe has witnessed relatively steady growth in the adoption of CVT technology due to improper compliance with engine size and properties, however, with the improvement in the engine construction and designing, re-introduction of the transmission is estimated to trigger the growth in the region.
Continuously Variable Transmission Market: Key Market Participants:
Some of the prominent players in the global continuously variable transmission market are:
- TEAM Industries
- Schaeffler AG
- Endurance Technologies Limited
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Gaokin Industry Co.,Ltd
- General Transmissions
- Fallbrook Intellectual Property Company LLC
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Continuously Variable Transmission Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Continuously Variable Transmission Market: Segmentation:
Global continuously variable transmission market can be segmented on the basis of product type, vehicle type, and application
On the basis of product type, global continuously variable transmission market is segmented into:
- Chain-driven Transmission
- Belt-and-pulley Transmission
On the basis of vehicle type, global continuously variable transmission is segmented into:
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Others (Tractors, etc.)
On the basis of application, global continuously variable transmission is segmented into:
- Upto 1.5 L
- 5 L to 3.0 L
- Above 3.0 L
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Continuously Variable Transmission Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Continuously Variable Transmission Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Continuously Variable Transmission Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Continuously Variable Transmission Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.