This Fermentation Chemicals market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Fermentation Chemicals market.
Fermentation chemicals are a necessary ingredient in the manufacturing of green bio-based products. With stringent environmental regulations being imposed by regulatory authorities in developed regions such as Europe, the demand for these products is forecasted to increase many folds during the forecast period. Ecological concerns are expected to drive demand for the fermentation chemicals market since these chemicals are environment-friendly and can be adopted in a number of industrial applications. There has also been a rise in the demand for fermented alcohols globally, which is anticipated to propel the demand for fermentation chemicals as a raw material. For instance, the demand for fermentation chemicals has increased steadily due to its application as a raw material in the plastic, rubber, textile, leather and chemical industry. This trend is expected to continue in the near future, thereby driving the demand of fermentation chemicals globally.
Regulations formulated by agencies such as the European Commission and EPA categorically encourage green chemistry, which in turn can be supported by the use of fermentation chemicals. Rising awareness among end-users regarding the benefits of using bio-based products has also been pushing the demand for fermentation chemicals. Owing to these factors, among many others, the fermentation chemicals market is forecasted to be an attractive market over the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Fermentation chemicals, as the name suggests, are used in the fermentation process to help increase the pace of the process. They play a vital role as process initiators in an array of applications. They act as catalysts or process-enhancing chemicals and hence contribute in considerably reducing the manufacturing cost, chemical reaction time (fermentation time) as well as energy consumption; thus making the fermentation process more economically attractive. Owing to their natural structure, low cost and productivity enhancing features, fermentation chemicals find applications in a multiple of industries worldwide.
Key Trends, Drivers
In the recent past, a large share of the global fermentation chemicals market has been contributed by alcohols, followed by enzymes and organic acids. Worldwide, there has been an increase in the manufacturing of antibiotics and steroids, which in turn involves the use of fermentation chemicals as a raw material. There has also been a burgeoning demand for fermentation chemicals in the form of enzymes from various manufacturing processes, such as in the manufacturing of paper, personal care products and starch.
It is forecasted that the demand for organic acids as fermentation chemicals will witness high growth in the upcoming years, owing to their increased application in oil and gas well treatment processes in the petroleum industry. Also, the growing market of preserved and nutritional foods involves the consumption of organic acids and hence is expected to boost demand for the organic acids segment yet further. Fermentation chemicals are also important raw materials in the manufacturing of pet food; hence, the rise in demand for animal feed additives worldwide is expected to further fuel the fermentation chemicals market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Fermentation Chemicals Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of product type, the global fermentation chemicals market is segmented as follows:
- Organic Acids
- Alcohols (Ethanol and Other Alcohols)
- Others (Antibiotics, Vitamins, Xanthan, etc.)
On the basis of application type, the global fermentation chemicals market is segmented as follows:
- Alcohol Industry
- Plastics & Fiber Industry
- Pharmaceutical & Nutritional Industry
- Food & Beverages Industry
- Other Industries
Examples of some key market participants in the global fermentation chemicals market are as follows:
- Ajinomoto Company Incorporation
- BASF SE
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Novozymes A/S
- Cargill Inc.
- Evonik Industries
- Du Pont Danisco A/S
- Amano Enzyme Inc
- Archer Daniels Midland
- AB Enzymes
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Fermentation Chemicals Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Fermentation Chemicals Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Fermentation Chemicals Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Fermentation Chemicals Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.