This Fermentation Equipment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Fermentation Equipment market.
Growing demand from the food and beverages industry, especially for a variety of wine, beer, and similar products, is fuelling the sales of fermentation equipment.
Fermentation is the process of metabolism in which raw materials such as carbohydrate or sugar are converted into gas, acid and alcohol. Micro-organisms such as yeast or bacteria play a vital role in the process of fermentation. Fermentation requires a substrate, a fermenter, an inoculum and favorable environmental conditions. The equipment necessary during the fermentation process is known as a fermenter. These are complex machines used to create favorable conditions for the fermentation process.
Fermentation equipment must have a fermenter large enough to support the entire fermentation process. The material used for manufacturing of fermentation equipment must have a high tolerance to the pressure and gas generated during fermentation. Equipment must be made of non-corrosive material and should not react with the chemical used for fermentation. It must have an outlet for CO2 and an inlet for O2 if aerobic microbes are used for fermentation.
Fermentation equipment must be sealed from outside to avoid contamination and must be sterilized. Vendors are offering extra features such as temperature controlling and facility to add an anti-foaming agent to attract customers. A key feature that fermentation equipment must offer is to provide an aseptic means of withdrawal of the fermented product and introduction of culture sample.
The major stages of fermentation are media formulation, inoculum preparation, sterilization of nutrient media, the actual fermentation process, recovery, purification and waste disposal.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Major types of fermentation equipment are laboratory scale fermentation equipment, pilot scale fermentation equipment, industrial-scale fermentation equipment and others.
- Laboratory-scale fermentation equipment is small in size and varies from two liters to fifteen liters in terms of capacity. It is mostly used for research purposes.
- Pilot-scale fermentation equipment are medium sized and used for large-scale studies of the fermentation process.
- Industrial fermentation equipment is large size equipment used for industrial production.
Fermentation Equipment Market: Key Dynamics
Growing research activities in laboratories and the innovation of new fermentation approaches are among the key drivers for market growth. The huge demand for fermentation equipment form life science, biotechnology, food & beverages, and healthcare industries is fuelling the growth of the global fermentation equipment market.
The challenges associated with fermentation equipment such as the complex working of the equipment and the need for high maintenance and a favorable environment are expected to hamper the demand to some extent. However, vendors of fermentation equipment are highly focused on overcoming these challenges and it is expected that the impact of these challenges on the market will be reduced by the end of the forecast period.
Fermentation Equipment Market: Analysis of Prominent Competitors
Some of the key players operating in the fermentation equipment market are Craft Kettle, ALFA LAVAL, Hypro, Chapman Brewing Equipment, Criveller Group, Blichmann Engineering, Lehui Craft, Beltway Brewing Company, Alpha Brewing Operations and Aber Instruments Ltd.
Fermentation Equipment Market: Regional Overview
North America and Western Europe are expected to hold significant shares in the global fermentation equipment market during the forecast period. Adoption of advanced research practices by scholars in North America with focus on new fermentation processes has resulted in an increase in the applications of fermentation equipment in various verticals, which is expected to contribute to the growth of the market in the region during the forecast period. The substantial demand from the food and beverages industry in the U.S. is expected to create potential demand for fermentation equipment, which is expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the global market.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical/Actual Market Size, 2013-2017
- Market Size & Forecast, 2018 to 2028
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain of the Market
- Drivers and Restraints
The regional analysis of fermentation equipment market covers:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- South East Asia and Others of Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Fermentation Equipment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Fermentation Equipment Market: Taxonomy Analysis
Segmentation of the fermentation equipment market on the basis of end-use:
- Food & beverage industry
- Life science industry
- Healthcare industry
- R&D laboratories
- Educational institutes
Segmentation of the fermentation equipment market on the basis of size type:
- Laboratory scale
- Pilot scale
- Industrial scale
Segmentation of the fermentation equipment market on the basis of material:
- Stainless steel
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth Fermentation Equipment market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape in Fermentation Equipment Market
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Fermentation Equipment Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Fermentation Equipment Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Fermentation Equipment Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Fermentation Equipment Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.