This Fish Processing market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Fish Processing market.
Fish processing is the practice allied with fishes and its products, which is carried out between the timespan when fishes are caught and continues till the final product made out of them is shipped to customer. The final product delivered can be ready-to-eat also. Fish processing covers all range of aquatic organisms, regardless where they are caught (wild fisheries or fish farming). One of the main concern of this process is to prevent fishes from deteriorating. Fish processing is necessary because fish is highly perishable and thus, requires preservation and proper handling, so that the end product can have nutritional quality and longer shelf life. Preservation is the main technique for fish processing (preventing fish spoilage and increasing shelf life). One of the main benefits of fish processing is that it helps in the sustainable utilization of marine resources, thus growing the demand for more processed fish in the market. It is found that freshness of raw fish (seafood) can be enhanced by ozone. Treating processing equipment and raw fish with ozone, reduces bacteria attack, which can spoil fish otherwise. Thus, usage of ozone increases profitability in the fish processing industry. Fish processing involves a primary step and a secondary step. Primary processing involves cleaning, sorting, freezing and packaging of fish. Secondary processing involves creation of processed fish and seafood for meal components or ready meals.
Fish Processing: Market Segmentation
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Fish Processing: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the fish processing industry can be divided by major regions which include North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Processed fish has highest consumption in North America followed by Asia Pacific and Europe. The United States ranks first in the consumption of Bluefin tuna and Atlantic salmon. Asia Pacific has huge fish processing facilities, with China being the market leader. Other Asian countries such as Japan, Malaysia and South Korea are majorly dependent of fish processing.
Fish Processing Market: Growth Drivers
Major drivers identified driving the market of fish processing are the continuous rise in demand of seafood, changing consumers dietary habits and consumers demand for differentiated and value-added seafood products. Fish processing industries is also accessible by seafood producers and so they can control the final product, quality and hygiene. Increasing fish feed is also a major driver identified driving growth for the global fish processing market. Development and distribution channel with improvements in technology in packaging, processing and storage of fish is also a factor identified driving the market growth.
However, the increasing consumption of processed fish of a particular species is dropping their existence, thus increasing their price in market, which is resulting in decline of market growth.
Fish Processing Market: Players
As processing facilities empower fish processors have supervision over quality and hygiene of the final product, it has increased the value of fish processing companies. Some of the key players identified for the global fish processing market includes Pelagia AS, Leroy, Pescanova USA, Maruha Nichiro Corporation, Thai Union Group Public Company Limited, Royal Greenland A/S, NISSUI, High Liner Foods, Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL, Channel Fish Processing Company, Inc., and Marine Harvest ASA. The companies are expected to expand their business by enhancing their product portfolio in global fish processing market. The companies are projected to frame certain strategies in future in order to gain the competitive advantage in global fish processing market till 2026.
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Fish Processing Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, and others)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Benelux, Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Fish Processing Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Fish Processing Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Fish Processing Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Fish Processing Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)